rF2 Toyota AE86 Club @ Oulton Park - Thu 20 Aug 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was so slow, hopefully I kept out of the way of the fast guys, sorry if I blocked anyone.
Keep racing and you'll get faster. :)
From where I was sitting, you drove like a perfect gent, I had no problems with your driving whatsoever.
We are inclusive here at RD and especially in rF2 I think. Please feel free to race with us on a regular basis. The guys will help you out with tips and setup advice. You'll improve if you stick at it. :thumbsup:

What a evening...
First race was wondering why I was so slow. After the race I realised I had a technical problem with my pedals.
Got it sorted in the break luckily.

Second race was awesome, good racing with @Matt Rosum and the others involved around us (can't remember the names sorry)...
Hit the grips of the car finally and had a good pace (for my skills)...

Anyway, awesome to be accompanied by you lively bunch of people and really looking forward to next week's!!

Have a good time till then!!
Cheers Dan

When it's as much fun as that even the 'rebound' issue is just a footnote. Thanks to all involved.

Ole, sorry for getting in, or not far enough out, of the way in the second race. Worked out OK as Matt and Pauli came together so all four of the front guys could battle on, I even got back past Matt for the Nth time.

Thanks for hosting Denis.

As a side note, and something I will try to test out.............I practiced against the AI using the Trueno version and over a 25 minute race didn't experience any of the rebound issues on default setup.

Last edited:
When it's as much fun as that even the 'rebound' issue is just a footnote. Thanks to all involved.

Ole, sorry for getting in, or not far enough out, of the way in the second race. Worked out OK as Matt and Pauli came together so all four of the front guys could battle on, I even got back past Matt for the Nth time.

Thanks for hosting Denis.

As a side note, and something I will try to test out.............I practiced against the AI using the Trueno version and over a 25 minute race didn't experience any of the rebound issues on default setup.
Oh my, that's interesting. The reason that we stuck to this version is down to a problem with the template for skinning on the Trueno. Maybe we should try running the Trueno next time.

Thanks Malx, I'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Malx, I'll give it a try.
Well, I can confirm that in the Trueno, I had zero spins at the bump just before Fosters corner and (try as I may) I can't get it to launch off the kerb that launched me yesterday. All in all, it feels much more stable.

So perhaps we should either find a template for the Trueno, or ask if they can fix whatever is wrong on the underside of the Levin. :confused:

Nah man, realistically the only one who really could've avoided it was me. Sure, Pauli could've gone further to the right, but in all honesty, if I had dabbed the brakes and gotten in to 2nd place, and not tried to fight off Pauli it would've been 100% fine :)

In the end it all gave me and Pauli a chance to drive side by side for a whole lap, with the exception of the Bumpy Slidy **** Corner (trademark @Matt Rosum pending?). Regardless, if there was one driver in the whole three-wide who had absolutely zero fault, it was you :)

So perhaps we should either find a template for the Trueno, or ask if they can fix whatever is wrong on the underside of the Levin. :confused:

I tried to find some now, but am unable too. Also, for some reason the dds-files I get from the mod doesn't show up as anything but pitch black. It's not that the template for the Levin is too far off the Trueno model, but it would've helped with an actual reference from one on the original cars. So if anyone would be able to drag the BP_86.dds out in something other than a black square that would help immensely :)
I asked about the car on the S397 forum yesterday, and saw that many others had as well, so, it's being reported, the question is if something ever will be done :/

Nah man, realistically the only one who really could've avoided it was me. Sure, Pauli could've gone further to the right, but in all honesty, if I had dabbed the brakes and gotten in to 2nd place, and not tried to fight off Pauli it would've been 100% fine :)

In the end it all gave me and Pauli a chance to drive side by side for a whole lap, with the exception of the Bumpy Slidy **** Corner (trademark @Matt Rosum pending?). Regardless, if there was one driver in the whole three-wide who had absolutely zero fault, it was you :)

I tried to find some now, but am unable too. Also, for some reason the dds-files I get from the mod doesn't show up as anything but pitch black. It's not that the template for the Levin is too far off the Trueno model, but it would've helped with an actual reference from one on the original cars. So if anyone would be able to drag the BP_86.dds out in something other than a black square that would help immensely :)
I asked about the car on the S397 forum yesterday, and saw that many others had as well, so, it's being reported, the question is if something ever will be done :/
I also posted on S397 and the mod author has replied with a link to a template. Not sure if this is what you would need?
He also replied about our "rebound"/collision box problem. He thinks it's to do with the under tray. That's interesting because I felt I was onto something with what I'd been told about "wheels" on the collision box. It all seemed to fit. :unsure:

Anyway, he didn't sound like he's gonna look at fixing it any time soon. :(

I also posted on S397 and the mod author has replied with a link to a template. Not sure if this is what you would need?

Oh. Even better. I had just hoped to get an existing livery-file so I could see where the areas that was weird were located.
What you found was an actual, proper template. I guess I'm updating the file in the resource manager here at RD then! :)
Brilliant!! :D

I really enjoyed this event, the car was very fun to drive and the combination was very enjoyable. I should have raised the car a little bit, since it was hitting the ground and kerbs in some areas if i wasn't carefull enough, other than that it was a great event with great battles :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 437 39.5%