rF2 Toyota AE86 Club @ Bikernieki - Thu 15 Apr 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Ole Marius Myrvold the outside windows can be modified its the interior windows that are the problem with both cars (Levin and Trueno) you look at them from an exterior view and they are clear but when in cockpit view they look as they are dirty. With a monitor its not a problem but it seems that when using VR its causing a problem when facing the sun like Goffik mentionned.

@Ole Marius Myrvold the outside windows can be modified its the interior windows that are the problem with both cars (Levin and Trueno) you look at them from an exterior view and they are clear but when in cockpit view they look as they are dirty. With a monitor its not a problem but it seems that when using VR its causing a problem when facing the sun like Goffik mentionned.

Oh. Then I have no idea.

I'm sure you have tested another livery just to see that all cars are the same?
Fired up rF2 to try another livery... and found that every single item of content except the Procar has mysteriously disappeared from the sim, even the official content. :O_o:

Seriously, the number of issues I've had in the short amount of time I've put into this sim, I'm having trouble justifying it's place on my PC.

Fired up rF2 to try another livery... and found that every single item of content except the Procar has mysteriously disappeared from the sim, even the official content. :O_o:

Seriously, the number of issues I've had in the short amount of time I've put into this sim, I'm having trouble justifying it's place on my PC.
On the drive tab, you'll see the car and track listed. Above that is the mod (car &track). If you click on that you should go to another screen where you can select different mods. You need to select All Track & Cars.
I've not been very clear but if you poke around you should find it.

On the drive tab, you'll see the car and track listed. Above that is the mod (car &track). If you click on that you should go to another screen where you can select different mods. You need to select All Track & Cars.
I've not been very clear but if you poke around you should find it.
Yeah, I know how the somewhat odd menus work, but there was literally nothing listed there at all apart from the Procar and two tracks. Everything else that was there before has just vanished, despite still being subscribed to it all in the workshop. I also had a go in the AE86 after installing it manually, yet on starting the sim earlier that was gone too and downloaded itself again along with the track when I tried joining the server. So now I have the Procar, AE86, and three tracks... :O_o:

Last edited:
Ah, I was hoping it was the problem I described. That sucks Ross. I've read about it happening to other people a couple of times in the past year or two, but I have no idea why. If it happened to me I'd just download and install content as and when I wanted to use it, but it's not acceptable from any sim, let alone one which calls itself current. Hardly cutting edge. Now you know why rF2 gets such bad press. The weird thing is, it seems to affect people very randomly. Some people are trouble free, others are so affected that they give up. No rhyme or reason. :(

Do you also have this problem with good vision through the dirty windscreen in VR Daniel?
Oh, sorry, welcome aboard for the event. :D
Had a quick spin yesterday, and there was dirt on the window, but view was good, so no problem in VR.
If you wouldn't have mentioned it, I would not have thought about it.

Is it a problem on monitors?

Last edited:
Had a quick spin yesterday, and there was dirt on the window, but view was good, so no problem in VR.
If you wouldn't have mentioned it, I would not have thought about it.

Is it a problem on monitors?
No but @Goffik was having a problem with it. He was gonna check another skin, but all the rF2 content has uninstalled itself from his computer for no reason. I think he's considering whether rF2 is worth the effort for the occasional online event. :(
In all honesty, I don't think anyone can argue with that. I told him that some people seem to have lots of problems, where others seem to get away with it. I know @Roland is less that impressed with all the faffing around and I don't really like faffing around to make stuff work either.

Yeah, understood...

Its strange though, never had real issues, except for one disconnect, so far... RF2 runs absolutely smooth and fine for me...

But I also know some people that have problems without any clue why they occur... It's sad yes, such a great and enjoyable sim... When everything runs smooth...

I think he's considering whether rF2 is worth the effort for the occasional online event. :(
That describes me perfectly at the moment. I've had the sim since release and have tinkered with it on and off over the years, though this is my first serious attempt to really "get into it". The thing is that with the right content you can feel that there's a very good sim in there somewhere, but the level of quality is extremely inconsistent. And if like me you're one of the unlucky ones who seems to get hit with one issue after another, it does indeed leave you wondering if it's worth the hassle.

But enough about that, I won't hijack this thread any longer. If I get time I'll try reinstalling and give the sim one last try.

Yeah, I know how the somewhat odd menus work, but there was literally nothing listed there at all apart from the Procar and two tracks.
1618236155401.png

1618236169761.png

The all Tracks&Cars have disappeared from both these places? :o

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline