rF2 Toyota AE86 Club @ Bikernieki - Thu 15 Apr 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hey Guys,
was really good (as usual) yesterday.
I would have never expected to have such good results in both races.

Both times i was lucky to avoid the mayhem in front of me.
And also happy with being super consistent which played a big role because i was by far not the fastest.

In second race @Yves Larose made a small mistake in front of me, which put me on first. But since he is just superfast, it was a matter of time till he would catch me again. Which he did of course, but it was very challenging and fun to keep him behind as long as i could. Super clean and fair driving from him!!
When i was second @Dean Maković came flying from behind. With a couple of more laps left at the end he would have surely catched me also. So that was luck and consistency again.

As always, thanks for everybody, great place, people and racing!

Cheers Dan

What a brilliant combo this was, Denis. Absolutely loved it!:thumbsup:

Also big thanks to @Yves Larose for kindly sharing his setup. Even though I hardly had done any practice, it instantly felt way more stable than default.:notworthy:

Much to my own surprise, my pace wasn't that far off at all, and I had cars around me for most of the races. Just making a few more slight mistakes than most others led me to the rear of the field. Once this car starts to slide, there's basically no recovering it.:confused:

Nevertheless, I had a blast; it's races like this that convince me not to give up on rF2 just yet. The performance issues I have with this game don't bother me that much. The broken UI and random crashes like I had yesterday inbetween races do bother me though.:mad:
Thankfully you guys were kind enough to give up your starting positions so a restart of the server allowed me and Yves back in!:)
Unfortunately I have no idea who finished where in R2 as the driver list before and after the race for me was completely blank, I wasn't even on it myself?! Also the TAB key for driver labels still doesn't work.. Nice one, S397!:poop:

Furthermore, my apologies for not being able to respond to people over Discord during races. The online version of Discord I use doesn't allow assigning a push-to-talk button AFAIK, and leaving my mic open is not an option as ever since I installed a loadcell brake pedal my wooden racing rig makes these squeaky noises under braking that my mic picks up. So for now I just mute the mic at the start of each session and can only respond inbetween sessions.

I'll try and figure out a solution though, also I will go and revisit the performance improvement threads on s397 forums as suggested by Denis!

Thanks all for racing and CYA next time!

What a brilliant combo this was, Denis. Absolutely loved it!:thumbsup:

Also big thanks to @Yves Larose for kindly sharing his setup. Even though I hardly had done any practice, it instantly felt way more stable than default.:notworthy:

Much to my own surprise, my pace wasn't that far off at all, and I had cars around me for most of the races. Just making a few more slight mistakes than most others led me to the rear of the field. Once this car starts to slide, there's basically no recovering it.:confused:

Nevertheless, I had a blast; it's races like this that convince me not to give up on rF2 just yet. The performance issues I have with this game don't bother me that much. The broken UI and random crashes like I had yesterday inbetween races do bother me though.:mad:
Thankfully you guys were kind enough to give up your starting positions so a restart of the server allowed me and Yves back in!:)
Unfortunately I have no idea who finished where in R2 as the driver list before and after the race for me was completely blank, I wasn't even on it myself?! Also the TAB key for driver labels still doesn't work.. Nice one, S397!:poop:

Furthermore, my apologies for not being able to respond to people over Discord during races. The online version of Discord I use doesn't allow assigning a push-to-talk button AFAIK, and leaving my mic open is not an option as ever since I installed a loadcell brake pedal my wooden racing rig makes these squeaky noises under braking that my mic picks up. So for now I just mute the mic at the start of each session and can only respond inbetween sessions.

I'll try and figure out a solution though, also I will go and revisit the performance improvement threads on s397 forums as suggested by Denis!

Thanks all for racing and CYA next time!
There is a desktop Discord program.
You knew this or you don't want to install it or why you use the online version?
It has a lot of options also mute by button or push to talk.

Hi Daniel. Yes I learned about the desktop program, thank you!
Meanwhile I've already installed that one as well, but I still need to figure things out.
In this program there's so much clutter on the screen that I don't need..:O_o:
I appreciate TS even more now.. which BTW I still use for everything but RD races

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back