rF2 Toyota Ae86 Club @ Anglesey - Thu 19 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
thought i would show you guy's my progress on my new rig that i'm building for my Fanatec gear

As you can see the wheel deck, the monitor stand, the shifter holder and the seat anckers are all figured and done, what you don't see is that the articulated keyboard and mouse tray is all figured out and build but it is not assemble. Whats left to do is tp figure the pedals placing and anckers, some wood holes filler, sanding and finally the painting. Depending on work i'm hopefull that it will be completed by the week after the coming one.

Impressive woodwork, looks like a tank built by a lumberjack...should work for years!!!!

My evening was rather satisfying...the combo was great, and i liked the fact that the tyres lasted very well in this car.

Race1 was ok, Start was a bit chaotic, and around 3 and a half minutes into the rce i went a bit wide and a ditch unsettled the car and off i went. @max1966i seemded to have the same problem so we decided to have a little dance together. Rest was bringing it home basically.

Race 2 was better. Starting first, because of super admin skills of @Ole Marius Myrvold (LOL) i had nothing in my hand against the fast guys passing. Rest of the rce was fun and i´m happy really to have made no mistakes and being consistent.

Can´t wait for next week!!! Bring it on @Denis Betty

Cheers Dan

got a big lift at the start/finish line hitting the outer kerb. OUCH
Ahhh..... that would be because I chose the wrong model.... again. :redface:
I can't believe it, I'm such a klutz. I had a choice of 2 models and I knew one of them had a problem with the collision box. I just went by memory (always a big mistake to trust my memory) and chose the Levin. Even when I realised that there were already skins made for the Levin I didn't check which model was giving the problem last time and on race night I went back to the event thread and read the comments from @max1966i and boom, there it was - the Levin is the problem car. :(

Sorry about that guys. :(

Ahhh..... that would be because I chose the wrong model.... again. :redface:
I can't believe it, I'm such a klutz. I had a choice of 2 models and I knew one of them had a problem with the collision box. I just went by memory (always a big mistake to trust my memory) and chose the Levin. Even when I realised that there were already skins made for the Levin I didn't check which model was giving the problem last time and on race night I went back to the event thread and read the comments from @max1966i and boom, there it was - the Levin is the problem car. :(

Sorry about that guys. :(
No problem, despite that the car was really good.
And, lesson learned, in the 2nd race i managed to stay on the kerbs, not off...:D:roflmao:

thought i would show you guy's my progress on my new rig that i'm building for my Fanatec gear
Looking good Yves!! Your woodwork is not unlike the wooden frame on my rig.
Unfortunately for me, the same cannot be said of the gear to be mounted on it..;):(

Had a great fight in the end with Roland, very respectful driving, great stuff!
Yes that was good fun!:thumbsup: At some points of the track I managed to squeeze a tiny more speed out of my car, but never enough to make a pass stick. I had a load of fun trying though..

Thanks Denis for (again) a really fun combo:notworthy:, and thx all for racing.

That ended up being a game of many halves!!

Outstanding qualifying that was above and beyond my skill level, 3rd.....there is no oxygen up the front which was clear from my poor start and tipping Ole in the 2nd corner.......sorry.

I looked back and thought I'd turned Daniel but 2 corners later he was behind me so I figured he must have recovered quickly. I'd like to say I let him past but I made a mistake and accepted the lost position. No worries though because, as he said, the following lap we waltz onto the grass together..........oh well a much more familiar position in the race ensued. Good from then on with not too many mistakes.

What happened between the races was strange, being kicked from the server and TS and having no way to get back in. I had internet but some websites were not working. Seemed to resolve itself which allowed me to spectate the end of the race. The internet is a wondrous thing, when it works.

See you all next week.

Malx

2020-11-19 _ Toyota AE86 @ Anglesey (2).jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back