rF2 Toyota AE86 Club @ Ahvenisto - Thu 21 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
We have updated our liveries, the game and our minds(eh, what?), and are ready for some racing :)
hvXBdmt.jpg

That was insanity :geek: I deeply apologize to anyone who had the misfortune of finding themselves behind me, because that must've been quite frustrating ;)

I also apologize to @tim80810 for what I think was a somewhat needlessly aggressive overtake in both races, hope it wasn't too aggressive.

But wow, what a combo.

Thanks Daiman, I was just gonna do it.
Thanks for the rescue. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
You're very welcome mate! :D I just happened to see an email notification from one of my event threads, in which somebody asked if I was going to update the server before tomorrow's race. I said that I would sort it later, but then I remembered you had an event this event so I jumped straight back on to my PC to sort it out. :laugh: No trouble - only took a couple of minutes. :thumbsup:

Ps. Apologies for not responding sooner, by the way - I have only just seen your message. So many notifications came through as I was updating the servers that I couldn't keep up. :redface:

Last edited:
This was an amazing car-track combo. Extremely fun!

And very tiring. I was more sweaty after one race here, than when I did some track & field earlier today! I even had sweat dripping from my forehead the last couple of minutes in R2.
I guess I could've been smart and opened the door to the balcony before R2, but, well, I'm not smart!

An eventful evening for me and loads of fun. :)
Apologies if I was a touch snappy tonight. It can be a bit unnerving when I'm running late and then an update lands - an hour before we start racing. :confused: :roflmao:
Well, ok that's a poor excuse. I've not really been myself lately.... maybe it's the lock down? I'm really missing the pub. :(

Anyway, thank you all for signing up and for racing. Thanks also for the kind comments about the combo. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did and I hope to see you all on track again soon.
Cheers. :thumbsup:

I was planning to make race report with my highlights from the races in a video.
But it was so late in the evening when the race was finished and since i had to go to work early this morning the time ran away from me:p
So i was thinking i could make a small report her :)

First of all, this was really fun!
It's been a while since i was racing in an event here, i believe it must be 6-8 years or so, if we don't count wreckfest events :p
I started this week spending quite a lot of time on the track since i have never driven the car nor the track before.

After the first test i got a good feeling with the car so instead of chasing hotlaps i started practicing consistency and finding the correct tempo where i could go fast without spinning.

On the Qual yesterday i managed to go out with waaaay too much fuel in the car so the lap times was really slow.
With about 4 minutes left i managed to go out and drive a lap that was quick enough to not start on the last row :p

Race 1:
Somehow i managed to get an almost perfect start and gained 2-3 positions right away.
Going into the first corner someone started pushing my right rear wheel and the car got sideways, lost one position and got in line behind the traffic.
I believe it was after 5 laps i made a mistake and spun the car next to the lake.
Waited for the cars behind me to pass safely and rejoined the track, now in 16th position.
After a few laps with increased tempo i caught up with the guys in front of me and had a really intense battle with Tomasz Paulus where i managed to get around him in a corner where i was sure i was going to end up in the wall :p
Unfortunately after about 10 laps into the race my computer decided that i was not meant to play RF2 anymore and shut down the game completely for me.... :mad:
Race 1: DNF......

Race 2:
Another great start, but the other drivers was better this time so we all went together into the first corner.
Luckily this time we got around the corner without issues and we formed a line into turn three..
Then lightning struck again...
I was really close to the driver in front of me, and when he suddenly tapped the brakes in a place i never brake i got caught off guard an braked really hard. Obviously the drivers behind me was caught off guard and that resulted in someone hitting me so i spun off the track..
Rejoined in 16th position and was miles behind the other guys :p
In the end of the race i managed to pass Jack, who i believe was struggling with either tires, pacenotes or an alcohol consumption :p
Caught up with Tomasz again and had an really fun battle once again! :D
This time we drove together many laps and i was testing him in almost every corner to see where i could pass him.
When there was 3-4 laps left i was sure i could pass him since my tempo was noticeably quicker and he was making more and more mistakes.
And then it happened, Tomasz got wide into the corners under the bridge so i dived on the inside!

"when you open a door, be prepared to feel the breeze - Joakim Skalstad 2020"

Got around him and was literally sweating bullets at this time!
So since i was so happy with myself i decided to celebrate going past the finish line!
Going into the last corner i kicked the clutch, got the car really sideways! and drifted in a perfect powerslide over the line...

but i forgot that the race is not over until the race leader had passed the line, so the race was still on for one more lap :whistling:
Got back on the track, but now Tomasz was so far away that i could not catch him even if i installed a turbo in the car :p

I think i ended in 14th position in this one?

Thank's again guys for an awesome event.
If there will be more club events with entertaining cars and i have the spare time to join you, i might be back for more soon :)

Not sure how much help or tips this will give seeing the race is over and it's probably be a little while until these cars are used again.
But here is an onboard, with throttle,brake and steering telemetry from my R2 hotlap of 1.21.85

37l of fuel at the start, and a different steering lock, other than that, default setup.

Not sure how much help or tips this will give seeing the race is over and it's probably be a little while until these cars are used again.
But here is an onboard, with throttle,brake and steering telemetry from my R2 hotlap of 1.21.85

37l of fuel at the start, and a different steering lock, other than that, default setup.

That's a fantastic lap with a default setup.:thumbsup:

My laps where more like a drift competion.:D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%