Cars Toyota 7 (578A)

Not to get your hopes up, but this thing doesn’t stand a chance against the 917/30. The best lap of mine that I can recall at Mosport was around a 1:19.7. Which would’ve qualified it 6th in 1970. Just a few thousandths faster than Follmer in the Shadow, coincidentally. Mark did a 1:14.1 in the 917/30. It’s known as ‘The car that killed Can-Am’ for a reason. While I may not be the best driver out there, I better hang up my driving gloves if most of that 5.6 second deficit is because of me :roflmao:
Fair enough. But as often as it is ridiculed in Motorsport communities, the performance disparity could probably be levelled with BoP measures

Not to get your hopes up, but this thing doesn’t stand a chance against the 917/30. The best lap of mine that I can recall at Mosport was around a 1:19.7. Which would’ve qualified it 6th in 1970. Just a few thousandths faster than Follmer in the Shadow, coincidentally. Mark did a 1:14.1 in the 917/30. It’s known as ‘The car that killed Can-Am’ for a reason. While I may not be the best driver out there, I better hang up my driving gloves if most of that 5.6 second deficit is because of me :roflmao:
Gonna need quite a bit of ballast then!

Trust me, I haven’t forgotten about any of these. Currently, I am nearing the closing stages of a paid mod commission that you’ll be hearing about eventually. I do not know whether or not they will want to start another project immediately after this one, but I hope to get back to this, or any of the Shadows when I have spare time again. Thank you all for your patience.
Well, at least you're getting something from the work on this one beyond personal pride.

Hello everyone! Amazing work, how is It going?
Unfortunately, this project has largely been stagnant over the past few months. The most that has been done is some adjustments to the physics to improve on the suspension geometry, aerodynamics, and getting the tires right, all of which has been done with the advice and generosity of Aphidgod, but it still needs more adjusting to get something believable. While the initial tests put this Toyota far behind the pace of the Can-Am McLarens, these adjustments should make the 7 substantially quicker than the McLarens, as you would expect with a ~200hp (~400hp in quali trim) difference. This video was originally posted in the What Are You Working On thread some weeks ago, but it never made its way here. This is largely where things stand right now.

On the modelling side of things, I've been slowly making progress when I can on all of my WIPs when I have the time in between projects with Race Sim Studio. Unfortunately, I really can't comment much more on that front. I wish I had the time to work on these more, but the focus on trying to build a career out of this hobby is more important to me at the moment. As always, I hope to see this thing through to the end- whenever that is.

Can you do Mercedes C112 past do 578A?
Sorry, but I have my own list of cars I have lined up to make that will keep me occupied for quite a while. I’m more surprised that you would necropost a thread that’s been idle for 5 months over the much easier to find, dedicated request thread, though.

As for everyone else, hello again! It’s been a while, I know. I just want to tell the rest of you that I will be returning to this project, whether it be with the Toyota or Shadows in the coming weeks. I have promised myself that I would take a hiatus from paid work to finish off my current WIPs, and maybe more before I return to commissioned work. Thank you guys for your patience and continued support, while some cars may take precedent over others, I hope to bring them all to you in the coming months and on. :D
1650143040575.png

Last edited:
Hey it's been a few months has there been any more progress on this? If I drool anymore I'm afraid Noah might have to start building another Ark...
Unfortunately not, immediately after the completion of my previous commission, a job offer that I would be insane to pass up came around. As much as I can understand the frustration, and wholeheartedly accept any criticism towards backing down on my 'hiatus,' I think I have made the right decision with the opportunity that has presented itself. Not much more can be said on that part for obvious reasons, though.

That does not mean that everything is still completely dormant. While it almost feels like I never shut up about them, some development has been going on with the owner of some Can-Am Shadows over the months, and I will be meeting with him in a few weeks to collect as much information and audio recordings as necessary to hopefully end up with a stellar final product. Hopefully the combination of physics from Aphidgod, sounds made in cooperation with VRC, and a model that I hope will do the rest of the car justice, should make it worth the wait. With how much I'll have spent on these cars after everything's said and done, I hope it will be. :cautious:

As for the Toyota, I'm afraid the future of that is not so certain. I have thought about the idea of passing the car as-is to someone who is willing to see the rest of the car through, but there is no telling who is interested, or who would put a similar level of care into it.

(Edit): At the moment, I still intend to see the Toyota through personally. Although my schedule has been pretty much packed, and the Shadows still take priority, I will reassess the situation once things start calming down in the future. Unfortunately, that might not be for a while. Thank you all for your patience.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, immediately after the completion of my previous commission, a job offer that I would be insane to pass up came around. As much as I can understand the frustration, and wholeheartedly accept any criticism towards backing down on my 'hiatus,' I think I have made the right decision with the opportunity that has presented itself. Not much more can be said on that part for obvious reasons, though.

That does not mean that everything is still completely dormant. While it almost feels like I never shut up about them, some development has been going on with the owner of some Can-Am Shadows over the months, and I will be meeting with him in a few weeks to collect as much information and audio recordings as necessary to hopefully end up with a stellar final product. Hopefully the combination of one of the best physics guys around (obviously not me :p ), sounds made in cooperation with VRC, and a model that I hope will do the rest of the car justice, should make it worth the wait. With how much I'll have spent on these cars after everything's said and done, I hope it will be. :cautious:

As for the Toyota, I'm afraid the future of that is not so certain. I have thought about the idea of passing the car as-is to someone who is willing to see the rest of the car through, but there is no telling who is interested, or who would put a similar level of care into it
Fair enough, you've gotta do what you gotta do... Hopefully we see it in the future no matter which method you choose to go with, I'll be waiting patiently. If I had any clue about how to mod then I'd be all over it, but unfortunately I only know how to steer the bloody things, and just barely at that, lol. I can't wait to see the shadow come to fruition either, there's nothing like driving a snarling monster from the early era's of motorsport when the danger was all too real, and the only thing keeping the heroes who tamed those beasts alive, was their skill (and gargantuan nads) unlike the stale, bubble wrapped nature of (most) motorsports these days. I guess that's why I'm a bike nut, lol.

Last edited:
Easy to glorify "the good old days" when you're not the one risking your life to entertain others, or watching a half dozen of your friends die every season, innit?
Well, I ride a motorcycle to work everyday. So I take my life in my own hands every time I walk out the front door. I've had friends lose their lives on the road, and I still chose to ride, because it's my life's passion. So yeah, I think that certainly qualifies me to "glorify" as much as I like. It's easy for me to appreciate the risk that "the good ol' days" presented... I don't know if you've ever heard of the Isle of Man TT, or the Northern Irish Road Racing Series, or any other Motorcycle road racing, but those guys still to this day, risk their lives "for the sake of entertainment", and see their friends die almost every session, and yet they still pay to race... If you can't recognize or appreciate the bravery required to do that, do you truly deserve to be a motorsport fan?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing