rF2 Touring Masters @ Zandvoort79 - Wednesday November 3rd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I seemed to have some major gfx lag, I'm guessing the mod uses very hi-res textures?

I'll look into it for next time and see what I can do to get better performance.
The skins are hi-res (models are not especially detailed though) but it was probably more the track - the track is very FPS heavy because of the shadows around the pit area due to you turning back facing them.

I also had gfx slow downs, never had it before in rFactor as every mod i've tried was getting over 100fps,:confused::confused::confused:

I've opted for a no stopper, hard tire compound straight race and had very similar problems to Amir, from a lovely car the E30 had become very undrivable on hards, from 28's in practice ( couldn't do a clean lap in qually:redface: ) to 33's in race, horrible in corners:mad:. 56 l would had been enough ( started with 70 l :eek: ) to do 45 min, 1.86l/lap. Tire wear after 30 laps:
F/L: 81.9%
F/R: 89.9%
R/L: 89.7%
R/R: 90.3%

Good racing guys:)

That is a very good explanation. I have same problems with Dariusz. Just started in 6th , finished 9th!

Nice race the first time here ,i test the mod 1 hour before start ..difficult but wonderful feeling..i know very well only the track..we race here one Special Event (yours club race) in Gtitalia league..in august with f1 85 mod .
All people was correct and professional here..i hope racing other times in racedepartment . :)
I used medium in front and soft rear..finish in "yellow" the F/L-4 bars...other each new all :))))....ah no pit!

bye drivers

Only thing I hope for regarding tyres is that is keeps a good difference between them. Both me and Roy Magnes wnet for a two stopper, with soft tyres. We were somewhat faster compared to the others around us, but at the same time, we lost quite a bit with pitstops. I ended up one spot ahead of my qual, and he two.
I really hope we can keep it this way, maybe not this big difference, but enough for it to be many different strategies in the races, it's good fun.

Regarding the race, this was actually the first race I've ever done with TCL, and it was fantastic! I lost totaly control over my car when trying to pass Amir, and when I hit the brakes, the front wheels got way to much grip, so I did a very "nice" t-bone on him, and sent him into the wall. I waited, but got quickly past again when both his front tires were punctured. Very sorry for this.

And then, on the last lap, I had a desperate chase for the fifth place, that Dariusz Swiderski had. I managed to pick up around 10 seconds on three laps, but then I came up to some lapped guys, that didn't move over, or let me true, I became a bit too hard, and touched, I think his name is Riberio, once and we both lost control. Sorry again, but I was expecting you to move over before the fast chicanes :)

Only thing I hope for regarding tyres is that is keeps a good difference between them. Both me and Roy Magnes wnet for a two stopper, with soft tyres. We were somewhat faster compared to the others around us, but at the same time, we lost quite a bit with pitstops. I ended up one spot ahead of my qual, and he two.
I really hope we can keep it this way, maybe not this big difference, but enough for it to be many different strategies in the races, it's good fun.

Regarding the race, this was actually the first race I've ever done with TCL, and it was fantastic! I lost totaly control over my car when trying to pass Amir, and when I hit the brakes, the front wheels got way to much grip, so I did a very "nice" t-bone on him, and sent him into the wall. I waited, but got quickly past again when both his front tires were punctured. Very sorry for this.

And then, on the last lap, I had a desperate chase for the fifth place, that Dariusz Swiderski had. I managed to pick up around 10 seconds on three laps, but then I came up to some lapped guys, that didn't move over, or let me true, I became a bit too hard, and touched, I think his name is Riberio, once and we both lost control. Sorry again, but I was expecting you to move over before the fast chicanes :)

It was the first race for me too, was using hard tyres and it felt slippery and slow to me, I apologize for blocking you.

Was a good test. Hope we have every week such a nice grid so we have alot of feedback on the tyres.

Race was abit weird. Soft where just to fast. Started 3th and then Greg and i drove away easy from the rest and after that Greg drove away from me. Got a gap to 20 seconds to 3th and even when the tyres where becoming really bad i could keep the gap. After the pitstop i just came behind Jo. And after 2 laps i could pass him and increase a gap and raced to the end.

Lots of new names. Hope to see you next week. :)

A trainwreck for me. Hoped for some fun in WTMs, but since I'm in the middle of being sick it was really not easy to even get out of the pits ;). Wanted to go slow and steady, but after picking the hard tyres in the race for the first time I had some issues, although more with the concentration than the model itself. Got off after being lapped by Greg for the first time and then not noticing that I'm one corner further and should be already braking, then in the same place I was being chased by someone-who's-name-I've-forgotten and went wide on the grass, sliding slightly. Braking wouldn't have stop me, so I just let off the gas and hoped to be passed before hitting the tarmac, but the car behind me chose the worst of all: instead of passing me or waiting for me to stop my shenanigans we lined up the exact moment I got back onto the tarmac (and both cars just happened to choose the exact same patch of black stuff). We collided, I spun, got collected by two of the following guys, sorry about that.

Later (well, not much later) I had even more problems with concentration and felt like I was spiking a fever, sweating and all, so I just decided to let go and not risk getting into someone's way.

It was the funniest race I have ever done online:D Soft tires and little fuel ment that I could cath up and pass several cars throughout the race. Span and punctured once early on in the race, and at the final pitstop I was too late on the limiter and got a Stop and Go. But all in all this was a really funny race, and it motivates to do more racing with you guys :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back