rF2 Touring Masters @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday September 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What a race! Had a terrible start and got overtaken by at least 2 cars. Managed to make my way through and started battling with the top 3 guys. When Toby and Tommi fell off it was just me and Gary which was nerve racking. Passed each other a couple times but ended up taking the win by 0.3s after 45 mins. Thanks Gary and everyone for the racing. 2nd event at Race Department and thoroughly enjoyed it!

My training with race setup was good and I was able to keep good times in front of the midfield.
Qualy I've left out, because I want to spare me in general Truble in the first few corners.
Unfortunately, in the race and not folded over one motivated Simmons has given me a nudge in the
I flew into the wall. Broken left front tire - pit stop 40 sec and one lap behind
10th place at the finish.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meine Trainings mit Rennsetup waren gut und ich konnte mich von den Zeiten gut im vorderen Mittelfeld halten.
Qualy habe ich ausgelassen, denn ich möchte mir generell Trubles in den ersten Kurven ersparen.
Leider hat das im Rennen nicht geklappt und ein übermotivierter Simmons hat mir einen Schubs gegeben bei dem
ich in die Mauer geflogen bin. Linker Vorderreifen kaputt - Boxenstopp 40 sec und mit einer Runde Rückstand
auf Platz 10 im Ziel.

Sorry Francesco, i checked the reply and it was a late move by myself.. i apologise if i ruined your race :(
matches already - I'm really upset, but these things happen sometimes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
passt schon - habe mich wirklich geärgert, aber solche Dinge passieren manchmal

Quali: 6th but could of gone quicker.

Race: Fluffed the start and dropped to 9th. I followed the guys ahead who were having a good battle and waited for an opportunity. I got one on the long straight on lap 4 and passed Jay and Rasmus. I waited behind the others to have another go on the next lap. Into turn 1, the two cars in front collided which allowed me past Sergio and a good run on the other. I made the pass comfortably on the straight but kept to the inside as Jay was using my slipstream trying to go through as well. Into the corner, Jay backed out but I received a huge shunt up the rear from the other car, causing the rear of the car to go skywards and sending me into a spin. I dropped back behind the battle by around 7 or 8 seconds but the car felt weird. I could no longer match the times I was doing and fell further back. I was pulling away from the car behind as well so it was quite lonely. I had one spin which allowed a backmarker back through but he was the only car I saw most of the race. Finished 6th after a couple of cars dropped out.

Thanks for racing.

Excellent event with a proper genuine 4 way fight for the win with two Sierras a Rover and mighty Holden being very well driven by Seth,it ended up boiling down to a 2 way for the win after the Sierras left us alone,despite having slightly better tyres at the end i could not make anything stick against Seth's Holden so a happy and hard fought 2nd place :).

Grats again Seth,always a pleasure to see the Holden being used properly.

Thank you Adz & RD

Watkins Glen GP delivered up some awesome racing at this week's Wednesday WTM club event! :tongue:

The battle for the win started real early and was still undecided heading into the last lap! I enjoyed watching the race replay of Seth, Gary, Tommi, and Toby duke it out at the front.:cool:

Quali: 4th

I knew the Toyota wasn't going to be the fastest in the lap time department but, thought it would be amung the highest in the consistent race pace category. I was unable to totally confirm this due to some strange wheel malfunctions I was getting 30 to 40 minutes into the off line race simulations I was doing.

Race: 4th
My plan was to get a good launch and just stay in the draft of the lead group. I was getting 152 mph before the bowl by myself, but could easily hit 160+ mph in the draft. Theoretically this should of made up the difference to the fastest cars, as the Toyota was definitely quick in the second half of the lap.

All of this one out the window with a poor launch. I went from staying in the draft to being drafted. Eighth after lap one from a second row start. The Toyota had the speed on the track by itself, but battling with the other cars the Sierra had a good low end power off the corners, and with a good draft off the back of the Toyota were basically looking to get by at the end of both straightaways. Jay, Adam, and Rasmus in their Fords trying to eat me up at the end of every straight, like hungry little kids chasing a blueberry Italian ice delivery vehicle in the middle of hot Arizona summer.

There was a novel I could write with all of the action in the first few laps. After that some clear track and a long string of 54s put me on the back of Rasmus on lap 14. Some good passing and re-passing over the next several laps till I managed to sneak away by throwing down a 53.8 on lap 17. Did mostly low 55's for the last seven laps. Wanted to push, to try and see what the car can do with clear track at the end of the race, but with no chance of catching Jay who was several seconds up in front I didn't want to throw away a fourth-place.

Had a fun event for sure! Enjoyed driving the Toyota would've been interesting to see if it would have been able to stay in the draft with the lead group. The Toyota should be on anyones hot list who wants a stable raceable platform!

Looking forward to see the schedule for the next club event to see what car to drive! Can wait to see the grids fill with more car selection on the grid. It was frustrating to be passed by the faster cars but was also fun to fight with them in the corners and set up good passes from a ways back. Besides you have no reason to complain if you want a faster car go ahead and pick one!

This mod breeds good racing I believe. Can't wait to get a little bit more familiar with these old-school beasts!

All in all it was a great event for me, and looked like it was as well for many others. The battle at the front was worth watching.:eek::D:)

Thanks everyone at Race Department! Looking forward to the next event!:tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back