Track: Watkins Glen (GP)

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Notes:

Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

2. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Sign-up list:
  1. Adam Eggbeer
  2. Tommi Ojala
  3. Dave Simmons
  4. Francesco Huber
  5. Kostas Kaloudis
  6. Scott Søvik
  7. Kane Lasky
  8. Gabriel Korgan
  9. Jay Adgie
  10. Gary Lennon
  11. Seth Enslow
  12. Péter Bártfai
  13. Toby Davis
  14. Rasmus Salo
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Sign me up too, please!

Looking forward to these events!

Did a few post race tests at Birmingham to check out some of the cars.

20 minutes per car. 35 laps of fuel.

So far tested:

Alfa 75 - easy to get into the corners, easy to get out of the corners. Light and nimble, I found this car easy to recover from mistakes but hard to be precise. I was consistently putting down fast sector times but not fast laps. Overall I like this car but racing against the AI at 115% created interest in seeing what some of the heavier higher horsepower cars would be like.

Nissan Skyline - this car had a super smooth power band, good power that was easy to get down on the ground. It didn't seem to have the best braking distance, felt uncomfortable over the curbing, didn't seem to like the long corners. This car feels like it has a lot of potential, but with only 20 minutes of testing, it was obvious I wasn't going to set down a series of fast laps that the car seemed capable of doing.

Holden Commodore - I wanted to see what a big horsepower car was like. The Commodore has a lot to like and saw me post the fast time relatively quickly. The car seems easy to drive up to 9/10 but not so easy to ride on the limit. It certainly is a lot of fun to drive but not so sure it would be too fun to race. With a little bit of work, and certainly depending on the track schedule, this car could be a winner. With me driving in the test, fast laps were easy but consistent ones were not.

Ford Sierra 500 - this car also has ample power. Certainly not the grunt of the Holden, but it it is no weakling! To be honest I just selected this car so I can cross it off my list. I didn't really fancy myself driving a Ford. The car is kind of like the Volvo. It doesn't do anything particularly well but it doesn't do anything really bad. It has a good punchy motor and get on with the business. No blazing lap times but it seemed like it might be good on tires and easy to keep on the tarmac over race distance.

Just some talking points before the WTM season 3. There really is a lot to like about this mod.

Looking to test next: Toyota Supra, Rover (second visit), BMW 635

what car are you driving Dave? I think fuel is also important to note...I was doing low 1:55 seconds with only 12 laps of fuel.

Anyone else want to share race pace notes? I will update times after a run with race fuel...

have done 1.52.8 with sierra on 10laps of fuel.. soft and medium tyres dosent seem have big effect on time.. as i have done 1.53.1 with meds and same fuel.. Meds were bit more slipery on hotlap ofc.. but i will keep practising with sierra and i intend to test rover too :p

Wow I guess I'm a bit slow then.. With default settings in the M3 mid 1:55's. In the 6 series & Supra 156's...:frown::cool:

Trying some sets tonight and hopefully I can loose a few seconds!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%