rF2 Touring Masters @ Vitus Club - Monday May 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I love setting up a car it's the best bit in my opinion, reacting to changes and solving problems. I don't normally have too much problem with driving a car but getting it to work can be tricky. :)

I always almost hated setting up the car, since in real "ultra-mega-pro" racing it's usually not the driver who does all the actual setting changes, but it's time to chew up my pride and try to mess around with them settings again. I'm already seeing some improvement, since finally I'm starting to drive the car instead of being driven by it, by I just wonder: am I the only one not even close to 1:15, or doing (it will hopefully improve) 1:18's doesn't put me right at the end of the pack? (at least it's almost under 105% :D)

I always almost hated setting up the car, since in real "ultra-mega-pro" racing it's usually not the driver who does all the actual setting changes, but it's time to chew up my pride and try to mess around with them settings again. I'm already seeing some improvement, since finally I'm starting to drive the car instead of being driven by it, by I just wonder: am I the only one not even close to 1:15, or doing (it will hopefully improve) 1:18's doesn't put me right at the end of the pack? (at least it's almost under 105% :D)

Just for a change, I have had a bit of pace here, dipping into the 15's. Toby has helped me with the setup, but as it often goes, today I have been struggling to get into the 16's:confused:. One thing I have learnt so far is that 'Race Pace' is very diffrent to timed shot in qually, but I'm AMAZED at people talking about 14's being 'On the Money':eek: will we see a 13? Too fast for me, I'm pleased to have gotten into the occasional 15! All said and done, I've made a few midfield finnishes just by finnishing LOL

Even when I don’t make very good times in a lap, I don’t worry too much about it, always prefer to prepare the race than being too fast in just one lap, because the race is the real thing, where the most important thing is to be calm, don’t make mistakes and of course, don’t be too slow!

I had a quick practice earlier on today and did several 14s in a row, with my best a .3, so 14s are on the money. And there is no doubt we'll see a 13 from Gregory Degreef, maybe even me if I get lucky :)

Even when I don’t make very good times in a lap, I don’t worry too much about it, always prefer to prepare the race than being too fast in just one lap, because the race is the real thing, where the most important thing is to be calm, don’t make mistakes and of course, don’t be too slow!
I wholeheartedly agree (otherwise I wouldn't have finished the previous races). I would say even more - usually my pace is actually better during a race than in practice/qualifying. It's the tension, adrenaline and all the atmosphere that makes me want to go fast :).

But I'd like to have just a tiny bit of intel on how the competition is doing, and I'm relieved to hear that probably 1:13 is some sort of a limit, now it's time to practice to avoid being lapped too often :D

Hehe don't worry - I just crash it anyway :D

And Gregory is the reigning V8 Supercar Championship and Camaro Cup champion, so he's the real deal. There is no shame in being slower than him, otherwise 99.9% of us would be ashamed permanently :)

The boss wants me to play our round in the club knock out at work tomorrow night at 4pm, so I may be pushing it to get back in time. I would say If I am not on by 20:15 (19:15GMT) give my slot to a reserve. Or if you prefer I will drop out Ryan.

Hi Ryan,

Something has cropped up that has meant I'm going to need to pull out of this event. Really frustrating after doing plenty of laps around here but I guess its all experience.

Really sorry for having to do this.

Cheers,
Adam

Uoto you Rich - if you're confident you'll be back in time for quali then stay in - otherwise it's best you drop out.

I will definitely make the race but may miss qualy, if we don't win early on and go all the way. Should finish by 730 and be home just after 8.

I think I shall just drop out as there were quite a few looking to sign up, fair for them. Shame this is a nice track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back