rF2 Touring Masters @ Virtasalmi - Mon April 26th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry Ryan and guys but cant join the race. Did all my settings for my firstname and did few good practice laps but then when I change to use my full name nothing works anymore and didn't have time to make all work correctly. So chat not work for me at all ??? did all quick chats etc but always some strnge msgs, wheel was not drivable anymore etc???:mad:

Anyway this was my last rFactor race as I really don't like rFactor and will not waste my time for this sh*t, sorry if you like it :confused:

Hope you have good race, good luck to all!

Now going to Barcelona with my Honda :)

Shouldnt of really raced with such a poor performing PC,but it was sort of bearable,away good enough in 3rd and just avoided a bit of frisky stuff at T1,from then on Harald and Ryan pulling away at roughly the same rate i was pulling away from 4th place,so not much going on,just enjoying lovely stuttery jittery rubbish graphics for 20 mins.
Race2 away ok from 7th,and again malarky at the exit of T1 to avoid,a task i seemed to have nicely under control and was about to pick my place through,when i got a whump up the backside punting me right around,then a couple of other hits as im sitting static looking the wrong way,no point really continuing in my opinion,but i gave it a go,the car was beyond having any racing fun with,not possible to turn....so much for T1 and start of race caution eh guys?,this kind of rubbish heroics is happening far too often really.

Thanks Ryan & RD

Thanks Ryan and RD
Had a great time! :D 1st race I wasnt too good, but the second one I had a great battle with a couple of guys and managed 9th so I was pleased with that. The start was a little hectic 2nd race! I hung back and made 4 places just by going steady lol:wink: I did get punted up the a*se by someone who sent me off in a cossie, dont know who, but they didnt stop.
Anyways, only my second race night and had a great time, you guys are a buzz to race against and very fair too!!:D

Cant wait for the next one Ryan

Brian

Race one was really hard. I couldn't believe that Ryan was so fast on the straight... After the race I saw that I loaded the wrong setup! The one I loaded was an earlier version with a shorter 5th gear - too short for the long straight :rolleyes: So Ryan could always catch me at the end of the straight. It was hard to hold him behind, which also stressed the tires. The last two laps were really hard... But I managed it to the finish line. Third race here at RD and my first win! :party:

The start of the second race was a bit hard. In T1 everything was still fine around me - but in T2 a yellow sierra slided over the track and a lot of "bing, bang, bong" went on around me. Somehow I got through and luckily gained two positions. From P7 I came through to P5 where I got stucked behind Ati driving another Volvo. He was behind the top 3, all four fighting! It was nice to watch :) but I wanted to get through... :tongue: It was not possible to get past Ati in the same car. Then, after some trouble in front, Ati got the lead. One of the others was Ryan who made a mistake at the end of the straight. So I was third. The Mercedes in P2 (sorry, cannot remember the name - shame on me) tried to get past Ati - and I passed both right before the chicane! :D The Mercedes driver touched me a little bit when we were trying to turn into the chicane. I think he spun because after the chicane I had a massive gap behind me. And what did I? Instead driving comfortly home, I made a big mistake at the end of the straight and spun also! Back to around 6 or 7 again... :rolleyes: And again, Ryan was behind me. :tongue: We both managed to pick up car after car. For me, it was more a getaway from Ryan, because I did not want to get him into my slipstream again, like in race one. :tongue: Finally, we finished one, two again... Second win in a row! Party again! :D:party:

That was a nice race evening! Thanks Ryan (for organisation and of course the fights ;) ), RD and all other drivers for the great races! :cool:

I hope, the WTM series will be as good as these two races! Not as hard, but as funny! It was sometimes really like a sprint race can be - a little bit too hard. But I had to admit that I had one or two situations in race two where I was a little bit to hard, too. And my defense at the end of race one was also a little bit dirty... But hey, as I said, it was a short sprint race. That's often more a "do or die" than a long wait for a chance... So I don't mind. I hope you won't, too... :)

I am looking forward to nice races in the WTM! Nice cars, nice track selection!

cu on track,
Harald

An eventful night at a great track.

Got pole with what was an almost perfect lap, 1.30.1. New PB by some margin.

R1: Got off the line kinda OK but Harald got the jump. Toni tried to squeeze down the inside and ending up spinning. From there it was 14 laps pursuing Harald. I had several attempts at getting by (but man the exit of that Volvo is amazing), especially in the last laps, but couldn't quite make one stick on this narrow track. Took second behind Harald who soaked up all the pressure well.

R2: A LOT more eventful. Got off the line weel, was up to 6th (?) from 8th on the grid - just managed to avoid a spinning Anders. This left me in 4th - I dispatched of Ati and Graham but I just could not get past Fernando and of even more concern my headset's charge was running out, so I had no sound! As a result I locked up the rears while passing Fernando and came almost to a stop, dropping to third, while Ati took the lead. Then himk and Fernando were 25mph too slow into the fast left and I hit Fernando - launching me off track down to 9th. My aim from here was just to get back to 4th. Caught up to the battling cars, Harald and Fernando had both had offs, only to notice that the top 7 all in the same corner virtually!

From here it was mayhem and I basically followed Harald through, picking off car after car, to sit second again. Our pace had been so slow, it meant the race was one lap less than the first and so I had no time to even think about mounting an attack on him.

Great night racing, faiurly happy with two seconds, especially R2 - well done to Harald for the race wins.

Robbed, ROBBED by my internet connection. :frown: 20 minutes before official practice and I was withing .5 of a second of Harald, then the router shuts off for not goddamn reason. :frown: By the time it came back on I was already fast asleep, lol. But so disappointed, been practicing all week.

Oh well, next time..

What a night!

Qualifying was a bit poor. My fastest lap would of been half a second faster if it wasn't for a slow moving daniel holding me up after he was off the track after turn 2 and letting cars through but not me when I was on his tail for the best part of half a lap. Qualified in 11th I think in the end.

Race 1 I got a slow start and Graham got the jump on me, braked for turn 1 only for Daniel to come haring in from way back and hitting the back of my car which shoved me into Graham causing Graham to spin and I managed to keep it straight. Followed Kjell out of turn 3 and all down the straight but missed my braking point and tried to avoid him but we tagged and we both went off with him spinning. I stayed off track to let him past and now found myself in 15th. Got past Daniel and Valerio who seemed to crash at the final chicane and gained a few more places by others mistakes and found myself behind Brian. I was much faster in a straight line but couldn't find a way past in the corners until he made a mistake going over the crest in the chicane and I got a run up the inside but unfortunately didn't get far enough alongside. We touched and he span around so I pulled up next to him and waited for him to get going agains and finally got past him out of the last chicane when he got the power down too much. Was around 1-3 seconds behind Graham for the next 10mins + but couldn't get close enough to him to make a move and ended down in 9th.

Race 2 I started from Pole but bogged down slightly from the line and was passed by several people into turn 1. I took what I thought would be the safer line after seeing Anders spin towards the inside but he changed direction to avoid the mass of cars on the inside and we hit, with 2 other cars banging into the back of me because of it. On the recovery I saw Gary spin in front of me as well as Daniel and a few others going off to my left. Managed to avoid them and was 6th behind Jay. After a few mistakes from the cars in front I found myself behind Graham with Kjell and Jay right behind me. A mistake after the chicane at the end of sector 2 saw me lose those 2 places. Ryan and Harold both made mistakes and dropped behind me and we were in a 7-way battle for first after 10 minutes. Harold got a great run at me out of turn 3 and passed me down the straight and Ryan wasn't far behind either so was braking late into turn 7 to hold him off and got a bit of a slide on only for him to sneak past on the inside. Replay showed that he actually cut the corner to get past but I'm not sure if he did that to avoid my slide but oh well. Was now in 7th and could still see first with only 5 minutes to go and then I dropped it... Recovered only for Anders to sneak back through. Kept on going and nearly got Anders on the final straight when he made a mistake. SO 8th place and easily my favourite/best race here at RD. I just hope the league is as good as this!

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all of those who I battled with :)

Couldn't solve my high ping - it was up near 500 after qualifying and so I dared not start the first race in case I caused people to crash, in the end I gave up, not really knowing what was happening... then I discovered my wireless router had fallen off the wall and therefore my signal had dropped from 85% to 12% :D
Irritated, because I did a poor lap in qualifying and ended up 5th, so this track, I could have done quite well at. Oh well...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back