Touring Masters v2.9

RF-BEST-MOD.png

I have released v2.9 of the Touring Masters mod for rFactor. An overhaul of the original Touring Car Legends mod, Touring Masters is suited to league racing, along with many other fixes and improvements. The mod is used by the popular World Touring Masters Series and by the rFactor Racing Club here at RD.

Changelog from v2.8 to v2.9, following feedback from the community (full changelog in download):

Removed: 10kg - M3, 190E, 635 & Skyline, 20kg - Mustang & Holden, 25kg - Toyota
Added: 10kg - Sierra, Volvo
Tyre update
Expanded choice of Sierra and M3 vehicles
Small improvements

Download v2.9 HERE

Templates can be downloaded here

If you appreciate this mod you can make a voluntary donation here.

Just tried it and of course it rocks. Have a question regarding sounds: this one, the old one, and maybe the original TCL mod, has unusual balancing of the internal sounds in certain cars. The Merc has a big bias towards the right headphone ( i wear headphones for gaming) and the Nissan has a bias toward the left. It is no big deal but is distracting all the same. Any ideas how to rebalance these two files. Also, if I put the older Alfa sounds into the respective folders will there be any issues?

Did an almighty cock-up on the Alfa sounds sorry guys - packaged the wrong files - had been working on some (tuning them) and uploaded the unfinished samples rather than the finished ones. Apologies for that. To make up for it, I worked on the rev mixing some more and now they sound even better, the M3 external rev sampling also. Also added some new gear change and backfire sounds - so around 40 new sounds in total.

Once I am happy with the tyre physics I will upload all this goodness together with the final product, probably towards the end of the year.

Sorry for the cock-up :/

Just wondering if there are any plans to include support for gated shifters in this mod?

I use the G25 H-shifter with this mod with no problems....so i dont get your question?

Also... some feedback on the tyres.

The hards seem to burn up and not last as long as the softs and mediums. Noticable on my vitesse tonight.

I hardly got the tires to optimal temps with soft fronts and med rears and they lasted a whole 28 laps race with plenty of life in them.

I reckon mediums all round on the Sierra tonight was nearly perfect,with the benefit of hindsight i could have manage them differently,i assumed they would have no problems with constant full push,maybe hards on the rear and mediums front could have been worth a punt.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 174 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 233 13.6%