rF2 Touring Masters @ Thruxton - Mon April 19th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
For this race I ditched the Ford Mustang and went for another unusual entrant the ROVER SDI. What a fun car, when things get boring it then tries to take over the driving :)

First race was full of neat racing and people visiting the boondocks, so made a few places whilst they stopped for a picnic in the grass.

As the only Rover driver, it was difficult to hide in the pits......so apologies to Ati for the second race incident, the braking punt into the chicane, just couldn't get the tank to slow down:redface: Waited and then about 5 laps later got knocked on to my roof by a crazy speeding BMW into the same chicane:rolleyes:

Ummm what car next :D

I had the best nights racing i`ve had in a long long time, real fun.

Race 1 i decided to skip qualy and start at the back for something to do. Glad i did! I managed to avoid any contact with the tangle of cars on the first lap and got through in 11th i think, from then on i overtook a few cars and passed a few 'talent' mistakes to finish 4th.

Race 2 i got a totally sheyit start, completely bogged down. That meant i got passed straight away by 2 cars, but man, what a race.
One of the M3`s in the same livery as me had spun at the left hander before the back right turn, i thought i`d go left as he was skidding right, but i didnt go far enough and tagged him. Not too much damage for me, but spun me off all the same. I think he suffered more as i`m sure he exited the race?
Either way, i was 8th and managed to get involved in a fight between me, Paulo, Ivo and Kjell. Loved every minute of it.
Ivo slipped onto the grass on the last lap at the back right hander and i got past. He was gaining on me up to the chicane though, as the Supra was abit quicker in a straight line. I made a sneaky defending move though, and it forced Ivo onto the grass (which wasn`t the intended result......you were meant to crash lol j/k), luckily though, he got back on track unscathed ans finished 1 place behind me.

Thank you so so much for tonight, really enjoyed it :)

Lol guys i can maybe type how awesome it was and how close it was.
But i just can copy paste it from every other WTM event, because its every week some super nice racing with to many to count four way next to eachother battles. :D
Thanks for racing. :)

1st Thanks Ryan and RD for race
in race 1 after invisible start, where is the green light? eheheh Im in 8th/9th position ( incredible:D ) because a lot of cars go around the grass,good battle but after a lot of laps had a problem of lag,my daughter is connected "chat chat" so my car stopped suddenly lost positions, hard to drive.sry guys if I lagged :frown:
In race2 no more lag problem for me ,manage my position fantastic battle,same in race 1 with Ivo, Pablo, Ati (race2 little bit aggressive lap7 turn3 :)),Brian,Nicholas and many other,sry if I forgot someone but this time really was a fantastic race!!!! like a true race eheheheh
next time guys

Hi Guys

Had a great time last night even if my driving was pants! :redface: Errrr, have to appologise to a Mr G Simmons, that said speeding BMW at the chicane was me seriously out braking myself, SOZ!
I think I may have been a bit of a blocker for a few people too (when I adjusted my name in rFactor I had to re-set/calibrate the wheel and somehow forgot to assign a look back button, oppps)
That said, had a few brief but good battles (till I got over excited and did summat silly lol) and in race 2 managed a 1:19
First online race over and really enjoyed it :D

Thanks guys!

Brian

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back