rF2 Touring Masters @ Salzburgring - Wed October 13th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
1race could have been 2nd, if i didnt ran out of tires and talent, in last corner, only 7th for that.
2race, 2nd :D That mustangman was in his own league :D

Almost took my new favourite WTM baby the "Stang",but opted for something different in the 635CSi and sort of regreted it a bit in race one,after coming off sort of ok in the T1 melee' and then knocking Adz up the backside at T2 and coming off badly there,sorry to Adz tbh,recovered and got in some battles mainly resulting in looking at the back of Anders and Swidey pulling up ahead,and having Adz attacking from behind,a bizarre finish but got a flukey 4th :D.
Went for some random mad setup tweaks between races and despite an average qually as soon as we got going i knew i had done something right in the garage,it was now a totally new lovely racey pacey car,this time i could very much hassle and race with Anders and Ati,ofcourse again Adz following close and watching things unfold ;),took a while to work out a run on Anders but it was very enjoyable to say the least,big smug grin cruising past with that extra mumbo >;P,i pushed hard to try and close Ati with Anders refusing to give up behind me!!,quite pleased to race my way to the last podium place with non stop action from lights to flag!.

Thank You Ivo/Ryo & RD

Lovely track and the Rover was great to drive.

Q1: Managed to get 3rd somehow.

R1: Botched the start and dropped back a bit before getting bounced around in the turn 1 melee. Got through that in 4th before being nudged from behind by Gary. I went onto the grass on the inside but another touch from Gary nudged me back onto the track (Cheers :)). Outbraked myself trying to get past Anders towards the end of the lap and dropped to 9th. Made my way back up to 6th and was trying to chase Gary down but a few mistakes later and Ralf was able to take me. Managed to regain 6th when Ati went off at the last corner.

Q2: Similar lap time but only P6 this time.

R2: Got a good getaway and was cautious into turn 1 which allowed Gary through but Dariusz spun so I stayed 6th. Kjell went off at the end of the lap which moved me up to 5th. Had a great battle with Ati, Anders, and Gary but I was never really close enough to make an overtaking manoeuvre. Gary got past Anders on the back straight and I was able to follow him through but the M3 is better on the brakes so I lost the position and unable to have another attempt back due to Anders being in Gary's slipstream and me making enough mistakes to not be in Anders' slipstream. Finished 5th but watching Anders and Gary battle was just brilliant :).

Thanks to Ivo, Ryan, RD, and all those who raced :)

What can I say? R2 was the best race I've raced in a while, This time no failures, discos, windows crashes....:D.

Great track, very fast, but I've made it to finish twice on P8 in slow m3:redface:.
During practice and Q1 & Q2 I was about P10-11.
R1 Was a good one, but mostly alone race trying to catch up somebody and pull away from somebody else with safe gaps in front and in the back.
R2 It's another story most of the race I spent in the group of 5, later 4 and 3 cars fighting for position almost all the time. I had lots of battles with the guys. Thank You all for those great battles: Davy, Nigel, Can, Dariusz and Roman. Hope didn't skip anybody:wink:. I had lot of fun with You. I'm glad that even very close battles including 3 cars going side by side we always left enough room for each other. Hope I will have chance to take part more often in such races.
Thx Ivo & RD for this event on this great track & all You Guys, who raced today.

I haven't made it on R1 but managed to join for R2.

Q - poor - forgot to adjust rear wing :( I think I was last.

On L1 a little tumble at the front and Dariusz dropped to back where Tomasz, Davy, Nigel, Can and me were fighting. Man it was hot fight, I had a good top speed on the straights with my Volvo, so it gave me a chance for many ovewrtaking manouvers. I tried to defend against Dariusz - t was pretty hard task - but as he ran wide at T2 I did the same in T3, and he passed me. Unfortunately I was to optimistic after back straight ran wide and hit begin of barriers what killed my engine :(.
Great event - I really do like these cars a lot!
Ivo tack is excellent!
Thanks Ivo, Ryo & RD!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%