rF2 Touring Masters @ Hermanos Rodriguez 1988 - Wednesday February 2nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i think the problem with race 2 grid order was because some drivers completed laps and they were not ordered by adam before the race started so moved up the grid a bit.

No that won't cause an issue. It would take the order it was at Quali which would of been the final result of race 1 as I restarted weekend and moved session to warm-up before laps were completed.

Ye wd peter, your pace was great :D

Q1: Could of gone half a second faster but couldn't get any clean laps in with my dodgy driving. anyway 2nd was good enough thanks to holden power :D

Race1: was epic with peter. that middle sector really killed the holden so i just concentrated on keeping it on the lines so petern couldn't pass me then i got a nice exit out of the final bunch of corners to make up the gap before going into the middle sector again.

Race2: epic again. nice fights getting through the field, everyone was pretty quick. at one point it was a 5 way battle for the lead :D then finally it was me vs toby vs peter. Toby had the pace in the middle sector to just creep away enough before the straights so i couldn't quite get him. and when i did he did some kind of kamakazi braking into T1 all sideways like a D1 drifter and took the lead back from me usually around the outside (noob) Then Peter got passed me on the penulatimate lap and i was thinking ok, the wins gone just try for 2nd. Then Toby thought someone was trying to overtake him again and his D1 skills failed. i cut back inside peter to take the lead while toby recovers soon enough to not be affected too much and is tailing us. I knew what to do from here after Race1 with peter so kept it tidy, then got a little bump heading into the final sector wich put me sideways, then that made peter slow down a bit then toby gave him the kiss of death and i had the pace in S3 to keep toby off my back till the line.

Unlucky peter in race 2 epic driving though from everyone :D
My defending was getting silly at one point, but that's how I race when I'm against quick guys in stupid cars. I just blocked into T1 and in the first sector, then pulled out in the middle sector. This, by the way, would have been a PERFECT track for the season itself, I think if the BMWs, Alfas, Supras and Mercs had been here as well then you would have seen them run away in the middle sector even more, maybe 2-3 secs gap to the Holdens coming onto the main straight.

And you should have seen one or two of my last minute braking manouevers into T1, I was losing so much time through there blocking from you it was actually genuinly stupid. I really can't wait until the proper sprint events start, I think I'll do so much better than in the features.

Apologies for the grid on race 2. Tested the reverse grid several times and never had an issue until tonight. Didn't realise until after the race when I saw the messages either :frown: I don't know if the connection losses/game crashes for some people in between the two races affected it, but from now on I will set up all the positions on the grid, rather than those I reversed.

Thanks for racing.

You have to make sure you manually rotate the weekend before it does it itself, otherwise it 'forgets' the race results.

I really enjoyed myself this time around. Qualified 15th, since I only managed to get one timed lap...

Race 1: Started well, and managed to squeeze past into 13th, as Erik helped me with clearing the road ahead :tongue: In the final corner of the first lap I went out on the gravel as Sami did spin in front of me, and I forgot to turn the wheel... Had then a dragrace with Thomas Lee in the other Supra down to T1, where he kindly let me past on the outside. From here I was driving a lot on my own, continously catching tenths and seconds on Richard Welsh in the M3 ahead of me. Got passed Adam when he had a spin, and Chris when he had a puncture. And at the final lap I managed to Richard down into T1 and got past. It looked like my mediums was in better shape than Richards, so I got a gap on the twisty section, and finished 10th.

Race 2: Started 13th. This race was as intense as they get. Had a good start, but the Toyota is lacking a bit power to keep up with the Sierras and such. I was in the Myrvold-train with up to 8 cars at one ponit, all held firmly together thanks to the big pink Holden using the correct lines through the twisty section. I think we did switch places about every second corner for the first 15 minutes, and no one was punted off so they had to stop. With the Supra beeing quite nimble I did some overtaking manouvres on the outside on some of the corners in the twists aswell. Towards the end we were 3 cars side by side into the double right-corner leading into the S-section, where I came out on top and could get a gap. Rauno Muru did catch up and pass me eventually, but as he went wide in the final corner of the final lap, I could come home to secure another 10th position.

A big thank you to Adam for organizing these races, I had a wonderful evening of driving :)

[...]

Race 2: [...] I was in the Myrvold-train with up to 8 cars at one ponit, all held firmly together thanks to the big pink Holden using the correct lines through the twisty section. I think we did switch places about every second corner for the first 15 minutes, and no one was punted off so they had to stop. [...]

Well I was when I closed the gap to the group. The Sierra at the end of the group that couldn't keep up shot me right off the track in second last turn and the driver hasn't even tried to slow down waiting for me. :frown:

Sadly i disconnected just before the end of qualifying and then rejoined just before the start of the race so i started last, which didnt make much difference as i qualified near last anyway because it was the first time running that track or mod, then i disconnected again during the race :(. Hopefully next time i can compete a bit better and not have connection problems because i enjoyed the racing i did.

Tha best part is that I got best out of the whole train :D But yeah, that was really fun :) I think my setup might be good at Suzuka also, so I have to do a lot of laps there during the weekend now :)

I had a blast ! :D
Even thou I was again - back of the pack, this time at least I felt like I was part of the pack ;)
Even in the first Q session, I was the fastest M3 on the track. Terrible starts in the races thou. Need to learn how to do these things better.

Looking forward the next WTM Club race ! That one sure was fun, considering it was my first time seeing/racing on this circuit :p

EDIT :
P.S. : Sorry for the troubles that I've caused to the Black BMW M6 of Martin Maaskant the first race :S Kinda lost the brakes on that turn, spun out and parked right in front of him, causing him some serious suspension problems.

Sorry about ressurrecting this thread, but... do you intend to do another race with this mod?

I did some laps with it a while ago, it's plain awsome! I couldn't do that race, last week, cause I'm racing in a PCC league at wednesdays, but the last race will be this week, so, after that, I'd be free to join. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 269 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%