rF2 Touring Masters @ Hermanos Rodriguez 1988 - Wednesday February 2nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
At the same speed I signed up, as the same speed I went. Turn 1, perfect, turn 2, perfect, turn 3, not that perfect. Me and Adam is side by side, I'm accelerating a bit to early, so I went 5cm or something against Adam, and there was no space so I touched him, then the grass, then the pink Holdens.. I guess it was a racing incident, so no har minds. Congratz to the winners!

Hi guys.
Want to say, mainly to Peter, that I did hit you mate and I'm really really sorry, I thought I had swerved right and avoided you in time. I'm seriously sorry and if I had known I had hit you I would have waited, so I really am sorry dude. :( It's a shame, though, we were having a battle to the line. The cause of me hitting you? Well, Crooksy got out of shape, you hit the back of him and then braked and I had nowhere to go and no time to react. It's not an excuse and I thought I had got away with it but evidently not. Racing incident IMHO but that doesn't excuse the fact that I hit you and didn't wait, due to me not realising. :(

Loved it all. Race 1 I qualified 3rd, got a good start and managed to fend off from Ben and Peter at T1 to take the lead. Lap two, I thought Ben was gonna take me into T1 but he braked way too late. He eventually got by. Later in the race there was a big 4 way battle, I got nudged which put me offline and a few cars got through. Had a great battle with Ivo for a couple of laps. Second to last lap, I made a mistake on the brakes and put into the wall, had to pit for damage, finished 17th.

Race 2 started 16th, was up to 9th by T1. Had a big battle with Adam, Martin and a few others for a bit. Eventually after spins etc found myself in 3rd. Then on the last lap, Ben, Peter and Toby had a little moment which ended up in Peter spinning, giving me 3rd. 13 places in 20 mins, very happy with that :)

Good racing cheers guys, see you next time.

Well this race was great fun, I AM KNACKERED using the Holden I managed a 6th place Q in race 1, After a very long battle in race 1 with 4 cars I started to slide back and had a good battle with Toby Davis so I finished in 4th
In race 2 I started 3rd due to the reversed top 6, I was able to take the lead into the first turn and kept it for a lap or two but silly mistakes cost me and a small nudge from someone made me loose a few positions after that I was in 4th again and couldnt keep the pace after a crash so I cruised to the line for another 4th
Thanks guys for a fun event :)

Does anybody have the replay of the first race? If so could he be so kind to upload it because mine wasn't recorded for whatever reasons. Thanks in advance!:)

Quali: Rubbish laps and was down in 10th.

Race 1: Got through turn 1 and was still in 10th. Had a good battle with Kjell for a few laps before he out-braked himself. Tyler caught up to the back of me and got past quite easily along the main straight. Followed him for a while until I spun out of turn 3 and lost the front splitter. Lost 3 more places as well but made 1 back when Chris pitted. Finished 12th.

Race 2: Made another good start and was up to 8th having a little ding-dong with a few guys. Got past Ole when he went off and he was able to hold up the others for a couple of laps giving me a good gap. However it wasn't enough and Tyler and Kjell caught and passed me easily as I struggled on the Hards. Managed to roll it around to the end to take 9th.

Apologies for the grid on race 2. Tested the reverse grid several times and never had an issue until tonight. Didn't realise until after the race when I saw the messages either :frown: I don't know if the connection losses/game crashes for some people in between the two races affected it, but from now on I will set up all the positions on the grid, rather than those I reversed.

Thanks for racing.

Hi guys.
Want to say, mainly to Peter, that I did hit you mate and I'm really really sorry, I thought I had swerved right and avoided you in time. I'm seriously sorry and if I had known I had hit you I would have waited, so I really am sorry dude. :( It's a shame, though, we were having a battle to the line. The cause of me hitting you? Well, Crooksy got out of shape, you hit the back of him and then braked and I had nowhere to go and no time to react. It's not an excuse and I thought I had got away with it but evidently not. Racing incident IMHO but that doesn't excuse the fact that I hit you and didn't wait, due to me not realising. :(

Ok, no problem mate.

The races were a lot of fun, I was a lot faster than the rest of the field, but the lack of power made it very hard to overtake :)
So I had the fastest car of the field and at the same time also the slowest :)
Thanks for the racing everyone.

Ye wd peter, your pace was great :D

Q1: Could of gone half a second faster but couldn't get any clean laps in with my dodgy driving. anyway 2nd was good enough thanks to holden power :D

Race1: was epic with peter. that middle sector really killed the holden so i just concentrated on keeping it on the lines so petern couldn't pass me then i got a nice exit out of the final bunch of corners to make up the gap before going into the middle sector again.

Race2: epic again. nice fights getting through the field, everyone was pretty quick. at one point it was a 5 way battle for the lead :D then finally it was me vs toby vs peter. Toby had the pace in the middle sector to just creep away enough before the straights so i couldn't quite get him. and when i did he did some kind of kamakazi braking into T1 all sideways like a D1 drifter and took the lead back from me usually around the outside (noob) Then Peter got passed me on the penulatimate lap and i was thinking ok, the wins gone just try for 2nd. Then Toby thought someone was trying to overtake him again and his D1 skills failed. i cut back inside peter to take the lead while toby recovers soon enough to not be affected too much and is tailing us. I knew what to do from here after Race1 with peter so kept it tidy, then got a little bump heading into the final sector wich put me sideways, then that made peter slow down a bit then toby gave him the kiss of death and i had the pace in S3 to keep toby off my back till the line.

Unlucky peter in race 2 epic driving though from everyone :D

Decided to give the Holden a run out tonight which was a lot of fun.

Coouldnt get the job done in the quali tonight, just seemed to go all to hell when it mattered.
R1:
Started 13th on the grid and got a out of the blocks good. However got boxed in behind a Mustang and had to back off causing me to loose the advantage down the straight, bqack end got loose into T1 and remember looking at the side of adams Rover thinking uh oh, this is gonna be nasty but managed to just about get it back before any serious impacts occured. This combined with avoiding a couple of wrecks left me way down in 12th place chasing the field. Was fun though and managed an 8th place.

R2:
For some bizzare reason, I entered the grid at 18th instead of 8th :confused: Just tried to make the best of it and again got a good start down the straight. Was blocked by someone coming back onto track without looking and as such lost a place to Marcel. Went for the overtake approaching the last corner but the line was wrong and couldnt get the car to turn in enough, too much power on the gravel and round I went. Here we go again chasing the field. Could only manage to get back up to 12th this time around.

Not great results for me but it was fun chasing down the pack non the less :D

Gratz to winners and podium.

Thx again Adam for another fun event ;)

i think the problem with race 2 grid order was because some drivers completed laps and they were not ordered by adam before the race started so moved up the grid a bit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back