rF2 Touring Masters @ Eurospeedway Lausitz - Wednesday 5th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry to anyone caught up in the crash I caused at t1,completely my fault I got a really good start and was busy watching the black yellow Alfa to my right and missed the braking point.

A very dissapointed Rich.

I was the only one driving the volvo today, and maybe the car missed the top speed and acceleration a bit on this track, but I had a good setup from a previous event and I only had to make some minor changes to the setup.
The race was very fun, close racing between me and Toby for the whole race, I could keep my 1st place until about 10 minutes to go when I lost my concentration a bit and accidentaly double downshifted which caused me to spin, and I lost my 1st position. I closed the gap to Toby in the final laps, but I couldn't come close enough anymore and finished 2nd, 1 second behind Toby.

Thanks everyone for the fun race :)

It was all very nice until I ran out of fuel with 2 minutes to go...next time I'm filling the tank to the max.
I was doing a little more than 2 minutes per lap so I added enough fuel for 25 laps. I was only able to complete 20 laps, so the fuel calculations are a bit off. Bummer:frown:

HI,
dont remember my Q but remember well my start put 1st gear but the car stay blocked dont move so start in last position but started a very nice race full of battle with many guys:) remember A.Cambaz and a long and clear battle with C.Diaz fantastic race mate:D.Only one problem I wrong my count about fuel only 2 litres but much important, in last lap I saw my fuel little distraction and hit the wheels barriers so I lost my 14th place in last lap gone in pit and finish the race think in 17th place.Most important thing is I enjoyed it very much:D.
Well Done all Drivers and sure Congratulations to the Winners.

THANKS Adams and RD for event

Good race everybody.

Fairly happy with qualifying, managed 9th on the grid.

Race start was messy for me, nothing to do with other drivers, just my own inability to keep the thing on the track. Far too many mistakes but finally got settled in to a rythm. managed to push back through the field to 12th and I came across a nice little battle between Lee and Sylvain. I almost didnt want to disturb them as they looked to be having a whale of a time, but onwards and upwards as they say, managed to clear them both and left them to go at it again.

5 minutes from the end and had to pit for fuel as the calculation was wrong so took a set of softs and almost got the fastest lap but alas, just not quite, could only manage a 1.57.1

Great race, had some good battles, looking forward to the next one.

grats to Toby for the win and Peter/Gary for podium

Thx Adam and RD for Organising.

It was all very nice until I ran out of fuel with 2 minutes to go...next time I'm filling the tank to the max.
I was doing a little more than 2 minutes per lap so I added enough fuel for 25 laps. I was only able to complete 20 laps, so the fuel calculations are a bit off. Bummer:frown:

Like in every game. Dont trust the default calculation. :)
Just drop XD in the rFactor folder like you do with GTL. :)

I took the merc tonight and it was great fun :) Managed a 1:59.1 in practice with race fuel and hard tyres but couldn't get anywhere near that for the rest of the event.

Quali: Managed to dip under the 2 minute marker and was within 4 seconds of pole to take 18th.

Race: Made a great start and dodged the stationary car directly in front and got past Tomasz on the straight. Down into turn 1, a lot of cars ran wide and I picked off another 3 or 4. Overtook a few more on the rest of lap 1 and found myself in 12th. Was trying to get past Bjorn for several laps and ended up losing a place to Sylvain. Eventually got past Bjorn when he ran wide at turn 1 and I tried to pull away. Going into turn 1 a few laps later, someone darted down the inside and nudged me onto grass and I lost 2 places and it also stopped me from overtaking Sylvain who span. Managed to keep up with them but lost it under braking for turn 1 on about lap 10 and spun into the inside wall and collected someone as I faced the wrong way (sorry). Got back going again and had several battles including a great battle with Matthew for the final 5 or so laps but he pipped me to the line so took 13th :)

Thanks guys for racing :)

Great race from my POV. Had a PB in quali even if I did lose half a secound in the middle sector. Had a great start however was nudge off turn 1. Managed to crawl back up some positions before hitting a three way duel between two black Mercs and a Black Alfa. Joined in this scrap before Adam and Bjorn? Both made a few mistakes which left me and Sylvian who pulled away. From there on in it was a battle between me and Slyvian alot of fun. Even the Sierra of Jeff didn't spoil it. Eventually got past and broke free a bit on the last couple of laps to come home 9th! :D.

Alot of Fun tonight thanks to all who raced, especially Sylvian. Our host Adam Eggbeer and RD.

Although the Eurospeedway and myself will never become friends it used to be a fun race until I catched the narrow apex wall at turn one (who would ever build something dangerous as this!). However I don't wanted to give up and crawled all the way back into the pits where a 50 second stop awaited me. I've lost my 12th position on my way to the pits and during the stop and came back into the race at something like 27th. In the second half of the race I worked my way up to 20th position until I crossed the finishing line.

Hitting that wall was kind of embarrassing because I was thinking of the mean thing all the time. Just don't hit it! Dare you Marcel... :redface:

By the way some gentlemens (not naming any particular names yet) have a kind of intentional dangerous driving style. Well I haven't seen this happening the first time but it was the first time that I was involved. Anyway I don't think it's a fair behavior to force a fast driver who is about to overtake to slow down by blocking his line so he has to initiate a kind of emergency brake or a evasive maneuver to avert an incident that he would cause because he his following the car that he is about to overtake. Getting bumped into the side while overtaking at a fast straight isn't fair either in my opinion.

Maybe I'm just too soft but everybody may judge for himself. :)

Well, as I said before, practice makes perfect and I managed about 2 hours this time compared to the half hour I managed at Estoril. That meant I had a solid setup for qualy and race and was running faster compared to the others than in Portugal. However, Mr Duivelaar arrived and immediately was going just as well, and then Chris Butcher came from nowhere in qualy with my setup to go P1. I was disappointed to qualy 2nd, 5 tenths off my PB, but that's how qualy goes sometimes!

I had a great start and led into turn 1, but Chris, myself and Peter had a great dice for the first 4 or 5 laps, until I put a move on both that I thought would let me escape, but a small mistake allowed Duivelaar through. I decided to follow him close as I could and hope for a mistake, but not try and go for a stupid move that would ruin both our races. In the end he made a few little ones but I was never able to capitilise (the amount of times one of us outbraked ourself at T1 was silly!!). Finally he double downshifted, and in the end I was able to take it easy the last couple laps for the win.

The best thing though was the battle at the start and keeping in touch with Peter, really hope the league is as good as that! :)

Me happy and a little disappointed.

Q: 13 th

While initially I found the 16th after the first corner because there was a cap in front of me.

I could say it benefited from some drivers who went by sea, I passed quite a pilot.

I find myself 10 th, I am among the group leaders and group prosecutor.

But unfortunately I made a mistake in the first corner by a lack of concentration (stupid of me go) because of the sudden I pressure
group with Lee, who caught up with me, I manage to get out of group
but Lee Palmer, follow me to the end. Really a excellent battle.

I must have a eye on the rearview mirror and the road of a sudden I brake a little rather than usual to get the right trajectory.

Lee is beyond me in the past, and ahead of me 3 seconds to the end.
I did not really understand at the time, but can be,, that Lee had less fuel than me, because the end I was left with 13 liter still.

I finished 10 th damage j could have done 9 th but quiet, good its my license; have a good battle with Lee Palmer

Thanks Lee and RD for this fun race

google traduction ^^ me french$$

This was Totally awesome, Lap 11 on the straight -sorry Hill, missed a gear and u ran into me, my bad.
Part from that, i had serious fun! it's my first race with a full grid in over 2 years in rFactor and even if
i was a bit rusty i was still happy with my race, 16th place, started 25th, ran 23rd after T1 and stayed
in that pack for a couple of good laps with great close racing, im surprised how well mannered everyone
was on the track, im hooked!

Rock on

Sounds like a great race. Sorry i was not able to participate after I had signed up. An unavoidable situation arose and I was not able to race or withdraw before practice began...my apologies and hope to catch the next one. Downloaded the touring masters and euro speedway for this and loved them both . I love this mod!!

Never forseen any kind of podium at "the other Rockingham",i was like a fidgety kid in practice unable to settle in the RS or the Rover,decided i had neglected my #1 league choice so opted for the Alfa,5th grid start was nice for me with a decent launch as well combined with a good clean couple of laps,clean but still all hard fought with the B&H Sierra and JPS M3 giving me an early working over,eventually passed the Sierra(M.Hill?),and ended up back where i started in 5th a bit back from the front 4,got to watch them really race hard and close until Pete and Toby made their breakaway,from then on the rest of us were squabbling for 3rd,and a fine squabble it was,the black M3(Bornja?) and Chris B. in his Sierra diced enough to let me join in,Chris lost the back end out of a fast left,one of those horrible slo-mo spins we all know quite well in the 80's spec beauties,thankfully i could avoid his ever more broadsiding back wing and get on with chasing down that very fast M3,i seemed to have little more tyre left and did close up and even got a pass done,but didnt make it stick as the M3 pounced on me again at the first sniff of a chance.
Now i can just barely keep the gap at around 1.5-1.1 secs but i feel my tyres sort of "coming good" again near the 10mins to go mark so i can close in again and have thoughts of working a pass to try and claim that final podium place,suddenly i see the little bimmer take T1 too tight and busts the front end clean off the thing,i manage to just avoid joining in the accident,the dislodged front black bumper on the track is knocked out the way by my Alfa's grill and 3rd is now all mine with a decent gap to those behind and ofcourse Pete and Toby way off in to the sunset :).
Congrats Toby and Pete,completely untouchables...!
Thank you to all the guys i raced near,very high quality stuff,especially from the lights and the first lap or so,i must admit to having a little sort of sense of doom about that T1 with so many variables of entry lines possible there,but the front gang were all truly impecable.

Biig Thanks Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

I apologize for not making it today guys. I had to run out for something that should have just been quick. Ended up taking over 2 hours and I had no way of un-signing. Wish I hadn't missed it, these cars are always fun!

A simply fantastic event for me despite some minor grinds.

I've treated quali as just more practice as I haven't worked out any braking point on softs, driving for about an hour straight on hard right till Q started. That meant me starting from around the back of the pack, as expected :).

A few cars overslept in front of me on the starting line and I got passed a few and got passed by a few at the same time. Unfortunately I was completely unprepared for braking on everything cold and driving on the inside line in T1, so I overshot it and just aimed at the biggest gap to avoid hitting anyone. Someone did touch me, but luckily it was just a small contact. I rejoined around 28th and, quite surprised, started to pass a few cars. Wanted to catch up Tomasz, seeing him not far in front of me, but on the braking to T1 on lap 2 or 3 Can just plowed my car off the road, sending me way onto the infield. Admittedly I did get angry, but hopefully we will stop getting into those situations with Can, it's getting a bit frustrating at times, let's just get back to our usual dicing :D.

The contact sent me further down the leaderboard, I think I was even 30th for a brief moment. Luckily I've managed to climb back and spend most of the race with Valerio somewhere on the horizon. That allowed me to witness first hand his reaction to a distraction he mentioned - I was stunned to see him just crashing into the tyres in such peculiar place, handing me his position.

Earlier on I had me some rough dicing with Ozan, but although we were both on the edge a few times nothing bad happened (just some turning in virtually welded by the doors a few times). Rubbin' is racin' :). Finally managed to pull away - but it was so sudden when Ozan vanished from my mirror I was admant I'm getting a disco and almost flipped out.

All in all a great race, no tragic mistakes this time around and a solid P14 with Adam not too far ahead. Also the M6 managed it's hards very nicely, I barely felt a reduction of grip towards the end. Good times.

Thanks to all and see you again soon!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back