rF2 Touring Masters @ Donington GP - Saturday September 10th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have to sign out of this one - I've had no practice whatsoever - I love the track but I haven't even downloaded the mod yet so I think I would just be a rolling roadblock. I'm not one for Touring anyway, I'll stick with the F1 92 and 207s unless a really good track (read: I track that I love :)) comes up on this one. I prefer cars with lots of downforce i.e. F1s, and those 207s are just fun.

Yay, a disconnection! :(
Pole by 1.3 seconds I think, with a 36.8. PB was a 36.3.

Started at the back deliberately but was up to 4th by lap 1, and leading by the third lap. Was leading by 15 seconds and got bored so pitted, to test the mediums, instantly 2 seconds per lap faster and overtook the leaders within 2 laps, pulled out to 3-4 seconds with only 7 minutes left, then the disconnection happened... :(

I did do a pirouette about 8 laps in pushing too hard, and lost about 10 seconds, but I wasn't really paying attention (as per usual) so hopefully I won't do that sort of thing in the league.

One thing I did learn today is that the Nissan is bloody quick! I was only 2 tenths slower with the Nissan than the Sierra, and I know the Sierra back to front. Time to do some more testing at Spa and see if I can beat that 32.3 in race trim...

Sign me up plz:cool:
Cory sorry for leaning on you on the left hander before the pit straight, i did not intend to ruin your Race.
My tire choice was not good and after 3 laps i could feel them getting worse.
After i lost it through the left hander where i almost caused you to crash again i did a pit stop changed my tire choice and to fight my way back into the race.

Dont normally drive like a chop.
See you next time.

I had fun ! :D
Jumped all over the cars, switching from one to another. To my surprise, I was in the 39s with almost all cars. The Mustang and the Rover were the only ones I wasn't on par. The dead horse was whole 3 seconds slower, while the wooden chassis of the britt was doing mid to high 40s. Even with the Holden I was able to break into the 39s.
While jumping around the cars, I've found that it'll be really hard for me to pick a car for the next season. I was fastest with the Sierra, but consistency is an issue with me behind its wheel. The Merc was rock solid 2nd place - 2nd fastest, 2n in consistency. To my surprise, the M635CSi came in 3rd overall. While I've spent most of last season thinking how on Earth were people picking this uncompetitive car, now after the update I'm simply in love with it - very planted, very solid, very fast. The only downside are the slow turns in which the Supras were eating me alive going on my outside. The Alfa and the Supra shared 4th place, coz I couldn't separate them in lap time or consistency. The M3 found itself dropped down quite a lot in my favorite list, as I think the car became too light for its own good. Kinda fast, but quite tricky to keep it stuck on the road in high speed turns. No where near as planted as last season. The Skyline was quite the car. Quick and fierce I gotta say. Takes some time to get used to, but I feel that once mastered, this car surely has potential to take wins off the Sierra. Would love to see someone of the rank of Duivelaar drive that monster. The Volvo was quite difficult for me. Both to make it go fast and to keep it on the road consistently.
Anyways, back to the race doh ! I picked the 635 for that one and I don't regret my choice.

Q : Kinda couldn't find my pace to get a proper lap in.
R : Just a second before the start, a Supra appeared outta nowhere on the grid right in front of me. Of course, couldn't get rolling as the lights went green, so I had to brake. I did tap it on the back, coz I've had my steering rating set quite low, so I couldn't avoid it cleanly. Anyways, things settled down and I was enjoying myself. Wasn't pushing in the first few laps, so I wasn't gaining much on the cars infront. Then after lap 3, mistakes from the people up front started coming and I thought it'll be a good idea to slam on the pedal. It payed off - gained quite a lot of positions. Eventually I formed a trio with Erik and that stalled Supra at the start. Was such an epic tri-way duel ! I really loved it. Pretty much after every corner everyone of us was under treat from the other two and positions were swapped in a blink of an eye. We were running solid and clean. Kinda nice to see 3 totally different cars - a Supra, a Rover and a 635, battling for the same position, each displaying it's own good sides and taking advantage of it's opponent weaknesses :D Eventually Wayne Morgan joined in with his Sierra. I was holding him off for a bit, but he was just so much quicker then me. Then, as I was getting ready to close the gap to the 6th position and the Supra, while following Erik, I tapped the brakes while into a turn and that sent me into one of those slow-motion crashes. A puncture and a broken radiator. Had to pit. 41 seconds lost there. Then I realized I made a big mistake by changing only my front tires as the rear weren't on the same level and that caused my rear to start stepping out a lot. Got tired of loosing control of it, so I pitted and called it a day. Shame really ! Was such an interesting battle there.

Gotta do that again soon ! Next time I'll prolly hop in the Supra or ... whatever I can steal :D

I think the stalled supra was Cory Linton, but in race I managed to fight with Lennon who was one lap infront and thinking it was Cory all the time... LOL

Qual: PB, 2nd, 1,2 sec behind Toby...

Race: Euhm, from pole I do like I always do, lost it, so I started at the back again. Had an epic battle with first Roy, then Nikola and Cory for a long time. Then Wayne joined and drove away. Went in for a pit after I lost it and punctured the left front. Put on sot tires and joined inf ront of Lemon, who I thought was on the same lap. And had a battle with him.. :)tongue:) Then, euhm, Wayne pitted, came out 1,5 secs in front of him. The soft tires got too much heat and was drift able. Which did the gap between me and Wayne 0,2 secs coming into the 2nd last lap. Hold him of in the 2nd last lap, self if we got the 0 minutes timer into the first turn there. And we crossed the line before Lemon so it meant 1 lap longer with my overheated soft tires. On the last lap me and Wayne drove as good as it gets close each others, but into the 2nd last corner he lost it on the exit which did me finishing in 3rd! :)

Very nice driving standards in this event, and it was fun! :D

Firstly my Apology's for that muck up at the start. I hit the button to join and my game just sat there and did nothing for a sec. Next thing I know i'm on track and everyone is taking off, I tried to get the hell outta the way but I still collected some of ya's. My apologys for those that where affected by that, never had it happen before.

That race was extremely fun, wow! I don't know many, if any of ya's, but those I did hard battle with I salute ya's. Very clean and fair racing. The two and nearly three wide moments where excellent even if there was some bumping and banging. That along with the great fun just driving these cars are, that was a blast and very surprised to finish 5th on very used up tires..!!

Mike McGeer:

Not a problem bud, I have done the same thing many times, it's just racing :)

Cheers fellas

A few pics from a great race in the Supra..:cool:

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

Looks like you treated my car nicelt, Cory :wink:
I struggeled with a growing headache, and after some laps in the race I just had to leave it since I could not concentrate. Had fun he time I was there, though, and I really enjoy the Sierra :)

Thanks for setting it up, Adam :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years