rF2 Touring Masters @ Autodrom Most - Wednesday December 22nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Practiced a load with the RS500 before it started and was extracting ok pace from it,then decided to jumped in the Rover as qually began,loaded my Rover set and got on with it,4th place start,i felt lucky with that seeing as i got all old bloke confused and ran all of qually on meds 0.o,away decent with Pete and Greg and Toby taking the early holeshot start to the lead,after a lap of settling in Greg and Pete pick off Toby at will and pull away,i fail in my attempts to pass and just end up getting more and more scruffy costing ground along the way,then i get a couple of surprising little warnings that feel like tyre issues :/.....eventually have an off and drop places a plenty,great fun recovering and adjusting to the way the Rover is feeling and latch on to Kjell in his Rover for some laps of enjoyment,then some big grins following Anders in his ever struggling Holden,it really does need a big mistake to allow me to pounce past at the entry to T2,so im back where i started in P4,deserved no better than that on the night,too much mistakes and very inconsistent,back to the drawing board....
Grats Greg and podiums
Thanks all i raced with

Many Thanks Adz/Ryo/Ivo & RD

Good race, qualifying bout 15th I think and finishing in 11th but tough on tyres again,I did 10 laps yesterday managing mid 1.36,s and a few 1.37,s on softs.Today messed with the car set up and put mediums on front and hards on the back and although temps were just under/just over 100 for the whole race I had no grip and struggled to get below 1.40,s D O H. This car set up is the key to a strong finish for sure.I some good duals on track with a Volvo and Sierra,the M3 is good on the braking but lacks grunt, but I lack the shear skill of some of you all.
Thanx to all for driving like true gents resulting in some good racing roll on next meet, keep up the numbers.

I would like to apologize to Jari, I didn't realize you were ahead of me going into the chicane at the end of the straight.

Racing accident so no worries Carlos. :)

It was close call and understand perfectly why you didnt want to "give" your place up. I tried to give you room by driving over the kerbs but unluckily I went little bit airborne and we touched.

cheers,
Jari

Some action shots. I am the blue Merc.

Full sizes here because RD doesn't auto resize.

cap1_630x394.png

cap2_631x395.png

cap3_630x396.png

cap4_630x394.png

cap5_630x395.png

cap6_630x396.png

cap7_630x396.png

cap8_631x394.png

cap9_630x394.png

Another great fun with WTM.
Love this cars nd I'm starting to love this track also.
In practice Iwas strugling with the setup my M3.....
Times wasn'great and was a litle woried about that. Cause of the christmas time and etc,. I hadn't time to practice earlier, so I joined the server about 45 minutes before oficial practice. Times were better and better, but still far away from the fast guys.
Qualy:
Qualy was afwull for me. I wasn'able to be at least close to my times from the practice and I had 2 accidents it was veryhard to rejoin the track in the last minutes of qualy, but luckly I did it and set my PB during last minute, it set me on 22nd position or something. Its another qualy for me with secure gap of about 2 sec. to 106% limit.:cool:.
Race:
I decided to go only one stint with 4x hards. Surprisly start was very good for me even thought I wasn't see the lights, I gained 2 positions before first hard breaking. Then in the tight harpin I had very good speed on the exit and tried to overtake Sylvain on the inside, I cut by 2 wheels a kerb and was with no grip for a second and I hit Sylvain's Alfa. Sorry for that again. We both went on the grass and I was hit by another car from the back, did few Altonen's and hit a barrier. Luckly damaged was only the body and a bit of susp, but the car was able to race on. I rejoined the track as the last one on the grid - 29th. Quickly was able to cath up couple of guys, had one more time short battle with Roy, Chris and Can but I wasn't able to overtake Can and didn't want to risk another contact, so tried to stick to him and wait for occasion to make move. I was behind Can for a while, the gap was from 1 to 2 seconds till I made my socond mistake and go on the grass again. I've lost over 10 seconds on that. So I tried to save my tires and drive safly home...I did as for me steady and good pace, every lap in one second, only 2 last laps was slower cause my setup is very unstable with low fuel, but I had very comfortable gap in the back, so could do that.:D . I managed to climb to P 16th. So I think it wasn't so bad to go from 29th to 16th.
It was very nice to race with You guys, thanks for that and big thanks to the Staff for setting this event. See You on the track.

I love the 2nd pic. Mostly because I'm first there. :D That was straight after the white ford had been doing some offroading, and I manged to go on the inside and overtake. And the hairpin after, he overtook me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%