rF2 Touring Masters @ Autodrom Most - Wednesday December 22nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Anyone? I have no idea about tire wear etc. so please give some advice.
Peter it depends on the car, Your driving style, track etc. I haven't driven on this track in WTM car yet, but in M3 with my skills hards are usually enough to race only one stint. I dont know, if I woul be faster on meds or softs with one stop, cause I haven't tried it. For sure I'm slower on hards about 1,5-2 sec/lap, than on softs:).

I have altered and failed with my strategies in almost every race I have done so far :tongue: On some tracks you can actually get away with one stint softs and one stint mediums, but all depends on the length of the pitlane, the speed limit and your own driving style. In the first races I did in the club I did go for a soft/soft one-stop which was quite good with the mod as it was at the time. But here I'd say mediums and a stop or hards and go all the way. Ryan has made the softs work like a qual-tire should now, and fullfilled the intention of it. Drat, and double-drat :tongue:

That was over quickly...

Qualified 6th, which I was very happy with, but I got taken off in turn 1 and wasn't waited on. That combined with yet another loose screw on my pedals ands another spin meant that I was too frustrated to continue.

Thanks for the event anyway, it was fun while it lasted.

Ugh, found some decent pace in practise, put in a good qualy lap then it looked to be something along the lines of another 'follow Oakley for 45mins' type of thing. I messed up the last corner and someone with a Holden breezed passed me, then all I could do was sit back and follow. I About 10 mins from the end though I disco'd, oh well!

Really struggled with this track for grip in the RS500, as such was over 3 seconds off the pace in practise and quali. Could only manage 17th on the grid.

Race started well, had visions of a big mess at T1 due to the narrow nature of it but all seemed to go well. well done to all on that one. Had a number of good battles along the way to a 10th place finish. Given the number of mistakes I made (some of them big ones) I am happy with the result.

Congrats to Peter on the win and Podium finishers.

Thx to Adam amd Ryan for organising and RD for hosting the event

Really nice race, great battle with Greg that lasted the whole race. 45 minutes most of the time within 0,5 seconds is awesome :)
All the time I was waiting for a small mistake from Greg, and 4 laps before the end I found a gap on the outside and the next corner I was at the inside, so I could overtake Greg, and after that I created a small gap of 2 seconds.
Thanks to everyone for this race, and thanks for the great battle Greg! The league will be great!

Awesome race. Qual'ed 9th only getting in a single qual lap. I almost missed qual completely.

Off the line I was not the quickest. A few people got by safely. Going into the first hard turn, the person in front of my broke WAY early so I safely went a little wide. I lost a position there. Going into lap two, I settled in 11th. This is where I would stay for about the first 15 minutes of the race. In front of me, I had Teppo in the faster Volvo. I held a little bit of distance due to a drifter in a BMW ahead of him. As those two killed tires, I stayed safely back and conserved tires. At one point they made contact and I was able to sneak by Teppo. From this point, I just tried to make a clean pass on the BMW. I did not want to pass while he was in mid-drift (D Dimension we will call it) just in case he couldn't recover. I ended up getting a really good run on the last corner and got by.

Now with about 30 seconds to go, I had to make up 12 seconds on the next guy. I was able to do this while still conserving my tires. With about 7 minutes to spare, I was on the tail of the 6th-4th bunch. Every time I got a good run out of a corner to make a pass, the Rover ahead moved right into my line either forcing me to slow down or go in the grass. I ended up backing off a bit as I was either going to wreck my race or his doing something too risky.

In all I am happy with 7th. Next time I hope not to miss too much of qual.

I hate my car! :L

Mechanical problem 5 mins before end! And I was in top 10! I had great battle with two people. That I'm pretty happy with because it weren't for 10 secs, but it last for 20 min on each. Not kidding.

Qual: Was 19 (?) at least in head of Roy! :D On a track I never driven before, and never drove with wtm 2.8 either. So quite happy with that.

Race: Ehhrum... Started 19, had a very very very great start, I took 3-4 cars I think. And was up to 16, then took a other after a other. Up to 12 or something, and then watching a supra and Sierra challenging eachother into turn 1. And ofcourse, that didn't go well. After some laps there were some others behind me trying the same. Not good there either. So I was making some mistakes and got a Alfa behind me. Pretty slow on straights I got say. :p Then I took in, in yes. 1st corner. :D Thanks for that fair driving Red Alfa. :) And raced with him 18 min. Then he went of track and exiting the race. Took a lap, suddenly pushing way to hard in 1st corner. Touching those walls pretty hard. I think I was up to 6th or something. Then was down to 9th after the crash. And of course, I watch what I've damaged. Nothing much, just yellow body. :)P) Racing more, than in the 4th last corner. It takes fire.. Seriously, after my best race ever! It takes fire.. :( It got me so angry.. Remember I'm 13 years, I get upset by little things.. ^^ Finished 20 though..

And I got to say: This is like real racing! There is always some crashes! There is always GREAT battling! Thanks for this race, this mod, and the track, I love them all! :D

Qualified 24th but due to the misfortune of some of the guys ahead I ended up 15th in the second lap, following Edgar and being chased by Paul C. After a couple of laps Jeff has an off and I end up 14th and Paul 15th.
Was having a lot of fun trying to keep Paul behind me, but it was clear I was slower at the end of the straight and I was getting the feeling I was holding him back a bit. All was well until going into the left-hander after the straight/chicane...it looks like Paul lost grip and control and unintentionally bumped into me. No biggie Paul, I know it wasn't planned :good:. Funny thing is I was braking hard just as it happened cuz I was finally gonna stop slowing you down and let you through (my fault in some way for not letting you go sooner, I guess).
Sorry to Jeff for re-entering the track a bit unsafely after my off with Paul, I tried my best to keep right and give you space, I hope it worked.

Right after re-entering I end up behind Marcel and in front of Erik. I then share a few very clean turns with Erik who gets past and now I'm being chased by Jari.
I would like to apologize to Jari, I didn't realize you were ahead of me going into the chicane at the end of the straight. I should have backed off and let you through. Instead I forced you onto the grass which caused you to lose control and we both went off-roading and killed our engines when we crashed.

Sorry for ruining your race m8:sorry:

Qualified 24th but due to the misfortune of some of the guys ahead I ended up 15th in the second lap, following Edgar and being chased by Paul C. After a couple of laps Jeff has an off and I end up 14th and Paul 15th.
Was having a lot of fun trying to keep Paul behind me, but it was clear I was slower at the end of the straight and I was getting the feeling I was holding him back a bit. All was well until going into the left-hander after the straight/chicane...it looks like Paul lost grip and control and unintentionally bumped into me. No biggie Paul, I know it wasn't planned :good:. Funny thing is I was braking hard just as it happened cuz I was finally gonna stop slowing you down and let you through (my fault in some way for not letting you go sooner, I guess).
Sorry to Jeff for re-entering the track a bit unsafely after my off with Paul, I tried my best to keep right and give you space, I hope it worked.

Right after re-entering I end up behind Marcel and in front of Erik. I then share a few very clean turns with Erik who gets past and now I'm being chased by Jari.
I would like to apologize to Jari, I didn't realize you were ahead of me going into the chicane at the end of the straight. I should have backed off and let you through. Instead I forced you onto the grass which caused you to lose control and we both went off-roading and killed our engines when we crashed.

Sorry for ruining your race m8:sorry:

Oh, it was you, causing both of those bad accidents! :p :L

But, when you come back on track, you came in a bit unsafely, if it was you? Entering in the hairpin, when I and Marcel, was side to side. Something I took pretty good. Going a bit more on the outside out of the hairpin giving me more speed. And overtaking you in the next corner. :) EASY :D Or was it, no it weren't.. :|

I'm very sorry for the crash in the last corner of lap one Jo Benevelli. I thought I could make it past the Ford Sierra when suddenly my BMW 635 started to understeer right into your Alfa and bumped it into the sands. It wasn't my intention to do something like that and I'd like to apologize for this inconvenient situation! :frown:

I have tried to wait after this incident but noticed that it was too dangerous and therefore I decided to race on while I found myself crawling out of the same corner later ( I think it was lap 9 to 10) as you were able to drive past me.

I hope this gave you a bit of a compensation.

Q in 29th and finish in 15th.Nice and fun race,for about 20 laps I tried to catch Sylvain M. in front me at 2 or 3sec. and behind me Can O. at 2 or 3sec but when started the blue flag i miss Sylvian and Can is back me at 0.5sec. so in the last 2 laps is born an intense battle between me and Can and blue flags in second last lap overtook me I try to reovertook him but I give him a little hit in penultimate turn sorry Can ( I wait you ).In final lap no more see in front me Can:frown: what's happened?

Congratulations at WINNERS

Thanks Ryan and RD for event

Oh, it was you, causing both of those bad accidents! :p :L
I only caused one of them...:frown:...:tongue:

But, when you come back on track, you came in a bit unsafely, if it was you? Entering in the hairpin, when I and Marcel, was side to side. Something I took pretty good. Going a bit more on the outside out of the hairpin giving me more speed. And overtaking you in the next corner. :) EASY :D Or was it, no it weren't.. :|

Yup, it was me, sorry about that. Next time I'll see if I can be a little bit less "easy" haha. But of course, that would mean that I would have to drive faster than I already do (or is it LESS SLOW?lol), and I don't know if that's possible:frown:.

BTW, does anyone else find the Sierra easier to dive with the hard tires than with the soft ones? Maybe I'm just going crazy...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%