Touring Classics

I was browsing the store randomly and stumbled upon a sale that was not announced ( might have missed it or something ) The BMW M3 E30 Gr.A was only 65 vrp usually 249 vrp. Since i didn't own any of the Touring classic i jump on it.

Anyway just a heads up for anyone who don't own any touring car. Get on there.
Fyi the other cars in the series are not on sale.

I tried getting my th shifter working in r3e but it seemed like it wouldn't work properly for me, would miss a lot of the changes? Did you get it working ok?

Congrats, Martin! What are your impressions of the shifter?
Loving it. I have always driven a standard car so i thought that i would pick it up easily. Well i was wrong. Its a challenge but way more fun and feeling more realistic. I use it for fun and realism with the appropriate car, not sure i would be using it when need to be competitive it definitely is slower than paddle shift.

I tried getting my the shifter working in r3e but it seemed like it wouldn't work properly for me, would miss a lot of the changes? Did you get it working ok?
Well unfortunately for it to work properly in R3E you need to select auto clutch otherwise its pretty messy. But with that said, even if i have auto-clutch enabled i still use the clutch at each shift. I love feeling the car slide when i have the clutch down then slowly release and feel the engine braking kick in.
There is multiple thread talking about the H-shifter issues without the auto-clutch. I think the dev will be looking into it soon.

Last edited:
Ahh yeah that sounds like it relates to my issue, even with auto clutch I was having issues, seemed to only initiate a gear change for me when in auto clutch and not using the clutch, thanks for the heads up.

I'm a happy TH8RS user with R3E since I switched from DFGT to CSR Elite pedals. Now I no longer have misshifts (autoclutch off), which I did experience with the DFGT pedals. So I think the quality of the clutch pedal is a part of the problem.

I'm a happy TH8RS user with R3E since I switched from DFGT to CSR Elite pedals. Now I no longer have misshifts (autoclutch off), which I did experience with the DFGT pedals. So I think the quality of the clutch pedal is a part of the problem.
I have a t500rs pedal set, there is ways to tweak the range of the shift that I haven't tried, I'll play around , after reading a lot of complaints about h-shifter with raceroom I didn't even give it second thoughts and selected auto shift. I'll give it a full try and tweak.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%