RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys improved the stock settings of the cars or were they good enough ?
My setup was default except for a couple of clicks less wing. Qualied 6th, finished 2nd. The default setups in R3E are generally pretty good, so it's worth focusing on really learning the car and track before worrying about changing them too much.

As Rad said, if possible most of us will take enough fuel to finish the race. Taking fuel usually adds a massive amount to your pit stop, and is rarely offset by any performance gained by being a few kilos lighter.

That link (the one about not being a premium member) will not work properly for a premium member. It took me to a Gift Upgrades link, and I was able to see my Racedepartment membership and expiration there. When I used another browser where I'm not logged into RD, the link takes me to a sign up screen. It seems fine on my end.

Reactions: DND
Glad to hear I was not the only one who that it felt like they are all on plastic tires. I haven't played a whole bunch of R3, but I never remember anything being that bad. Seems like the tires never want to get up to temp either. Even with maxing the springs out and dropping tire pressure.

My setup was default except for a couple of clicks less wing. Qualied 6th, finished 2nd. The default setups in R3E are generally pretty good, so it's worth focusing on really learning the car and track before worrying about changing them too much.

As Rad said, if possible most of us will take enough fuel to finish the race. Taking fuel usually adds a massive amount to your pit stop, and is rarely offset by any performance gained by being a few kilos lighter.
Thank you very much, both Of you, for your input. I appreciate it

For me, the Skyline is the only car where the tires didnt get up to temperature. The Volvo wants to melt the front tires and the left rear, the 635 sets the front left on fire, and the M3 puts a controllable amount of heat into the tires.

The Volvo and the 635 are struggling for grip. The skyline feels like it needs wider tires, and the M3 is damn near glued to the track compared to the other 3.

The 635 is the fastest in a straight line, but it has no traction control. The M3 seems to be the most agile, but you got to wring it out.

The Skyline has definitely been nerfed compared to what it was before the update. Pre-update there would have been no argument that I would use the Skyline. Now, After driving all the cars, the Skyline is last on the list for me. The AWD makes it understeer way to much.

I could get decent (competitive) times out of the Volvo but I think the tires would go way too soon.

I am probably going to go with the M3.

The Volvo is definitely struggling for front end grip. No matter what I do I can't get that thing to turn in how I want. Brakes seem to be the worst of the bunch too.

The 635 I find i can manage pretty easy. You still cant push it to hard though. I don't feel like it needs traction control though. I can only get the rear up set if I hit a curb. I can keep the tires pretty well under control too. I think its my favorite so far.

The Skyline likes to slide a LOT. Id imagine it would be on narrower tires do to the AWD. I still found it was my fastest lap by far, just hard to keep it at that pace though. The gearing leaves something to be desired on this track also.

You can tell the M3 was built as a race car first. That thing just feels like its on rails. Just feels like you cant lose a single MPH or you are gonna get eaten by the other cars.

It will be interesting to see what cars are used. There is enough of a difference in them all to make things fun.

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone running for times? Im in the high .42s to low .44s depending on the car.

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone running for times? Im in the high .42s to low .44s depending on the car.

Not a whole a lot of time posted since update but they are slower to be sure.
Leaderboard

Also if you want to compare times look here for RD members to add as friends in Raceroom.

Last edited:
First time with this car class. The comments about grip are right on. :unsure:
Were these cars easier to drive prior to the physics upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%