US Touring Classics @ Mid Ohio - Tue Dec 17 2019

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: Touring Classics
Track: Mid Ohio Chicane

Tuesday 12/17/2019
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race : 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop (minimum of two tires)

Entry List - 20 slots
  1. David DeGreef
  2. TrumpetReich
  3. Scott_H
  4. 2112
  5. ko41
  6. brc19
  7. emarchena
  8. stevem
  9. Wilko Jones
  10. JACE323
  11. sc4dr
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 31

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
Me in too.

The new Touring Classics fizzicks make you fat.....lots of donuts.
My lap times are 9.5 - 10.5 seconds slower than with the old physics.

• Love
Reactions: David DeGreef

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Me in too.

The new Touring Classics fizzicks make you fat.....lots of donuts.
My lap times are 9.5 - 10.5 seconds slower than with the old physics.
Yeah they are a handful, wait they were a handful before so that must make them a two hander now. Whole new learning process but I like what I have tried so far New GTR3 Porsche and the GT3 Cup cars, and AI seem to be much improved.

brc19

100RPM
Premium
Jul 11, 2019
Yeah they are a handful, wait they were a handful before so that must make them a two hander now. Whole new learning process but I like what I have tried so far New GTR3 Porsche and the GT3 Cup cars, and AI seem to be much improved.
Sim Porsches are expensive. ;) Time to acquire more VRP

Wilko Jones

100RPM
Premium
Oct 17, 2017
In.

I deleted my old wheel settings in favor of the new FFB. Aside from dealing with the new feels (or lack there of due to clipping), I now have to remap my buttons to accommodate traction control. This is going to be one interesting weekend. Now what car to drive?

• Love

stevem

GearGrinder
Premium
May 14, 2013
Skyline is way different than it used to be. Can't wait to get off work and try the bmw. New setup screen will take some getting used to.

Wilko Jones

100RPM
Premium
Oct 17, 2017
Right now the BMW M3 series is my front runner, but seeing that the Skyline can handle a slide pretty good does have me wanting to commit to running it. I still have to try the 635 CSI, and the less said about the Volvo, the better!

:roflmao:

Finally ran the CSI, and it didn't impress me, but I then re-ran the Volvo, and had a blast driving it. I found it to be more enjoyable when heel and toe shifting. Almost like it comes alive when working the clutch pedal myself. I'm going to run it, granted I do feel fastest with the M3, but the Volvo is satisfying as hell when I get it right. Then again, who cares about being first, I'm here to have fun and practice on my skills.

Hot tires. I mean HOT! I'm getting the front left up to 201º in the car setup screen. At first I thought it was my setup to blame cause I played with the front springs, but after achieving nearly the same results with the stock setup I am starting to think I am just scrubbing the tires too much. After the new update, the ties screech and howl as if they are begging for mercy. And now I am hearing when I am locking up one individual tire, so the whaling is nonstop in the back half of Mid Ohio. I'm trying to work out a better line to take around the track, but if there is anything I can do on the setup side of things, I am all ears (eyes, in this case).

Last edited:

Wilko Jones

100RPM
Premium
Oct 17, 2017
That link (the one about not being a premium member) will not work properly for a premium member. It took me to a Gift Upgrades link, and I was able to see my Racedepartment membership and expiration there. When I used another browser where I'm not logged into RD, the link takes me to a sign up screen. It seems fine on my end.

JACE323

25RPM
Premium
Jan 22, 2018
Glad to hear I was not the only one who that it felt like they are all on plastic tires. I haven't played a whole bunch of R3, but I never remember anything being that bad. Seems like the tires never want to get up to temp either. Even with maxing the springs out and dropping tire pressure.

Wilko Jones

100RPM
Premium
Oct 17, 2017
For me, the Skyline is the only car where the tires didnt get up to temperature. The Volvo wants to melt the front tires and the left rear, the 635 sets the front left on fire, and the M3 puts a controllable amount of heat into the tires.

The Volvo and the 635 are struggling for grip. The skyline feels like it needs wider tires, and the M3 is damn near glued to the track compared to the other 3.

The 635 is the fastest in a straight line, but it has no traction control. The M3 seems to be the most agile, but you got to wring it out.