Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

thanks @Dennis Phelan

man was that a long race qualified 3rd place had a good start as well manage @Chark on the second or third lap then found myself leading after @Reik Major had to make an early stop but the battle only just started couldn't pull away from chark in the first stint the gap always around a second until the first stop I pitted earlier then chark managed to stay in front after he pitted the gap at 4 seconds but chark soon closed the gap after I was battling to get passed backmarkers soon the gap was back to around a second until the final stops chark pitted one lap earlier and overtook me when I pitted and had no chance to catch him was a really nice hopefully we can do this again sometime

Nice race Chark look forward to racing against you again soon :)

I had only one spin and put a couple of wheels off once, for a 90 minute event that isn't bad for me. For some strange reason fuel didn't get me the laps I expected and had to put a bigger bucket in for one stop. In general, my laptimes were actually better than I had been practicing for but of course still not on par. I have a lot of work to do on car setup so I don't punish tires and have more control.

For some reason, over reving while in neutral or whatever, towards the end of the race I could not get to redline and found myself in the wrong gear many times. While concentrating on that problem I missed a few of you guys coming up behind in the very last laps of the race. Sorry for not moving over appropriately when you came up on me.

This seemed very much to be a good race for everyone but Lorenzo and Lars. Next week will be a 40 minute event with the Mini's(soon to be posted).

Thanks to all of you for signing up!

Mini-2.jpg
All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!
Cars Mini
Track Cascavel
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US CLUB
Server & Teamspeak Password: click here

Race 1
Practice: 9:00pm EDT
Qualifying: 9:10pm EDT (10 minutes)
Warm up: 9:20pm EDT (3 minutes)
Race 1: 9:25pm EDT (20 mins)

Race 2
Practice: 9:45pm EDT
Qualifying: 9:55pm EDT (10 minutes)
Warm up: 10:05pm EDT (3 minutes)
Race 2 : 10:10pm EDT (20 mins)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Server is UP

Opala.jpg
All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!
Cars Opala
Track Campo Grande

Race 1

Race 2

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Server is UP!

Last edited:
TouringCars.jpg

Join us
Cars Touring Cars
Track Velopark '12

Race 1

Race 2

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Server is UP!

TouringCars.jpg
Are you up for a challenging event with a large field of drivers, or simply want to gain some on track experience for the upcoming ninth season of the Virtual Touring Car Championship then this is one for you!

Join us

Cars
  • Chevrolet Cruze
  • Ford Focus
  • Mitsubishi Lancer
  • Toyoto Corolla

Track Velopark '12
Server name:RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU CLUB

Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 18:30 GMT SUPERPOLE (10 minutes)
Warmup: 18:40 GMT SUPERPOLE (3 minutes)
Race 1: 18:45 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 2: 19:10 GMT (20 minutes, full reversed grid)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Craig Patteson
  3. Mark Breslin
  4. Petros Lambropoulos
  5. Dave Wild
  6. Sven-Arne Andersson
  7. Enzo Fazzi
  8. Tal Segal
  9. Jörn Horbelt
  10. Michael Klein
  11. Theo van den Brink
  12. Reik Major
  13. Remco de Wildt
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Mini-2.jpg
Cars:
Mini
Track: Guapore

Practice: 18:00 GMT
Quali: 18:15 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:30 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 18:35 GMT approx (40 minutes)
40 minutes endurance means you won't win the race on lap 1, so please drive safely and respect others on track.

Tyre Wear & Fuel Consumption: Normal
Time Scale: x1

Server password:click here
Racing rules: clickhere

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. You can upgrade your account here.
  1. Lars Hansen
  2. Petros Lambropoulos
  3. Andrew James
  4. Jim Nobbs
  5. Ivan Fojan
  6. John Grant
  7. David Slute
  8. Rudolph Maré
  9. Yves Larose
  10. Gregory Strydom
  11. Herbert Wirl
  12. Warren Schembri
  13. Kevin Bradley
  14. Dennis Phelan
  15. Stig Bidstrup
  16. Charles Baccio
  17. Christopher Vrettos
  18. Jarek Kostowski
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Last edited:
Opala.jpg

Join us
Cars Opala
Track Brasilia Full Course
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU

Race 1
Practice: 18:00 GMT
Qualifying: 18:10 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm up: 18:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 1: 18:25 GMT (20 mins)

Race 2
Practice: 18:45 GMT
Qualifying: 18:55 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm up: 19:05 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 2 : 19:10 GMT (20 mins)

Entry List:
  1. Lars Hansen
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Herbert Wirl
  4. Jarek Kostowski
  5. James Grant
  6. Sven-Arne Andersson
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Server is UP!

Last edited by a moderator:
In!
Minis in GSC are, if possible, even more fun than they were in Race07 :cool:

Btw, @James Grant and @Nobkins , if you're looking to gain some experience, the Minis are a great offering.
Not much power, so the pace is a bit more sedate, and they're very forgiving of driver-errors so you can more or less chuck 'em about to your hearts content.
I certainly aim to. :D

Last edited:
That was fun :)

Qualy: i took fifth spot on the grip which is not so bad.

Race: Had a good start and i was able to grab 4th place safely at T1, to my surprise i was able to keep up with @Craig Patteson and @Chark for a few laps while @Reik Major was getting away from us, then a few laps into the race a saw Reik going into the pits not sure why he went so early but that made me the third place holder. from there since i knew i wasn't able to catch infront i managed my race to be able to finish third which is what happened.

Plenty of stuff to say, so bear with me! :)

First and formemost, congratulations to everyone who finished! I know some of you were a bit alone on track by moments, so that's an even better achiviement to get the motivation and courage to get to the end of it.

That was an amazing race. Qualified second, a bit of battling with @Craig Patteson who managed to pass me early. Then I was torn between attacking and stepping back to save fuel. As he said, we were a few seconds away all race long. There was no way passed, as he drove fantastic laps defending his position without losing much time. I knew then it would be all on strategy. Two stints with a full tank allowed me to do a fast last splash and dash, rejoining the track in front. That race really had everything an endurance race should have in it: strategy planification, consistency, traffic, tyre management... I think we could have benefitted from a larger grid, but I still really enjoyed that.

Also, I remember someone said it was their first race with these cars (sorry can't remeber who) and was worried to be in people's way. But I had absolutely no problem whatsoever when it came to lapping anyone! :thumbsup: Just remember, when you're about to be lapped, hold your line (or show clearly that you leave it), and release the throttle a bit. But you should never forget: even if happen to be a backmarker during a race, it's also the other's car responsibility to pass you cleanly.

Then, big thanks to @Reik Major for sharing his setup, I think it almost shave off one full second on my lap times. That parc fermé thing was weird, as I think most people could add fuel after qualification. Jump on TeamSpeak next time so we can help you more easily! ;)

And last but not least, well done @Dennis Phelan for putting such a nice event! :) The car and track felt like they were meant to each other. I'll see you guys next time!

Also, I remember someone said it was their first race with these cars (sorry can't remeber who) and was worried to be in people's way. But I had absolutely no problem whatsoever when it came to lapping anyone!
That was me Chark. Glad to hear I managed to stay out of everyones way. I was upto to 4th at one point but glad to finish with just 2 spins along the way.

Only been doing driving sims for approx 3 weeks when I could not resist a G27 wheel I saw on sale. This was my first multiplayer league race. I used to do driving sims on a home made steering wheel using parts taken from an old joystick back when on-lien multiplayer did not exist in any game. You had to send in your results so they could be compared to everyone elses individual races.

The 1st time I drove the track was 1 hour before the race. I bumped into Dennis who was setting up the server and he gave me some excellent help and I was able to follow him round the circuit for a lap or two whilst he gave me pointers via teamspeak.

Very glad to finish the race. I was alone for a large chunk of the race but I still enjoyed it a lot. A bigger grid might have allowed me to actually attempt to pass a few people where as I only ended up defending (badly) for a few laps in the 1st 1/4 of the race.

Regardless I shall be joining again and look forward to more races of similar length. Hope they are planned! I find the 20 mins races a little too short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back