Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

FClassic-1.jpg

We don't get to visit France for F1 nowadays, but historically the French Grand Prix was often held around the first weekend of July. On this weekend in history at the Paul Ricard circuit, Niki Lauda took the win in 1975, and James Hunt returned the favour exactly one year later during their famous rivalry. In 1988, the year we will recreate in this event, Alain Prost took victory over Ayrton Senna.

Track:
Paul Ricard Historic 1988 Download

Practice: 18:00 GMT
Quali: 18:15 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:30 (5 minutes)
Race: 18:35 GMT approx - 80 Laps (approx 1h 40 mins) - 1 Pit Stop Mandatory to change all 4 tyres. See Special Notes below!!

Tyre Wear & Fuel Consumption: Normal
Time Scale: x1
Start: Standing

Special Notes
You'll need to pit for a change of all 4 tyres during the race. The pit entry can be difficult, so be very careful. Keep to the right when coming out of the final turn to avoid incidents. You are unable to refuel during the race, so make sure you've got enough fuel on board before the race begins. On average during a small practice, I used 1.7L per lap; which would work out at a minimum 136L for 80 laps - you should check your own fuel consumption!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs, see here. You can upgrade your account here. Places in the race will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
  1. Andrew James [Maybe]
  2. Dennis Phelan
  3. Enzo Fazzi
  4. Jörn Horbelt
  5. Warren Schembri
  6. Matej Lakota
  7. Jeff Lasecki
  8. Tal Segal
  9. Joao Fernandes
  10. Mark Breslin
  11. Sharjeel Riaz
  12. Jyri Kettunen
  13. Vincent Devreese
  14. Alessandro Dalledonne
  15. Yves Larose
  16. Ryan Seltzer
  17. Quentis Gillispie
  18. Alex Parker
  19. Franklin Stegink
  20. Charles Baccio
  21. Theo van den Brink
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver

Last edited:
@Loxley John, when no one has signed up for an event I don't hang around waiting. If people have been communicating about the event and show up without staff they are welcome to vote the sessions and have a race or two.

When people don't see signups, they don't sign up and the result is that no one gets to race. Better sign up hoping others will and if there are not enough entries then decide. As you've seen, even if there is one entry I will be there and if enough show, depending on track and number of drivers, we will continue to race. Three is a minimum number, usually a drive through the quali session hoping that others will arrive is doable and fun especially for a driver uncertain about racing online.

My race week revolves around my events, I really expect that these will fulfill my racing needs. There's still hope that US racers will see that a schedule of events is being run and start to join in regularly.

Signup sheets work but drivers have to use them.

Hi Dennis,
It's been way too long buddy. Work is absolutely manic at this time of year, even if I'm home I'm just too tired to be bothered about signing up to events.
I'm here tomorrow evening so I'll come along if I feel up to it, if not I'll try to spectate and join in with ts if I may.
Hopefully speak soon, take care and keep driving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.2%