Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

It was created by Sergio Marques, a former RD member who sadly died early 2014. He was a huge fan of open wheelers. He was also known as the Pirate. This track, and "Iron Track" he created specifically for open wheeler racing and I think he did a fantastic job.

Well, you spoke, and we listened. We can't, obviously, fit every suggestion in, but here's what we've got for you.

Fast open wheelers every Tuesday; the same open wheeler for 2 consecutive weeks. The only fast open wheeler we won't touch for now is the Extreme because it is broken, but if and when it gets fixed, we will.

@Yuri will be running those events for you guys. As for assists, that is completely down to him. We've discussed it together and there are merits in both having and not having, especially when the cars are particularly difficult. So I think Yuri'll decide based on the event.

But yep, there you go.

Another thought would it be crazy to run some open wheel events with aids on and some off? Or maybe just encourage the faster guys to not use aids. I mean more along the lines that the faster folks all just choose to have aids off, not that it is forced.

I agree. ^^^^
But obviously the win at all costs mentality means that even some of the faster aliens will use them to gain an advantage on someone else and they must be terrified of that. And all this despite the constant spin that driving with aids makes you slower, "get practicing, get some time" in clap trap.
I would have thought that just getting more drivers in the Club grids and having some fun was the goal?

As you can see, Andy, most of our events have big grids even since we stopped using assists. And as I said above, with the hard cars we may use low assists. And when you have joined in to V8 events, for example, you've been faster than me. So, how about you stop going on and on and on and on and on about the assists, yeah? We're not changing how we run things just because you're on a moan streak. Give it a rest.

As you can see, Andy, most of our events have big grids even since we stopped using assists. And as I said above, with the hard cars we may use low assists. And when you have joined in to V8 events, for example, you've been faster than me. So, how about you stop going on and on and on and on and on about the assists, yeah? We're not changing how we run things just because you're on a moan streak. Give it a rest.

I'm not going on and on and on as you put it Andrew and I have not been faster than you either. I am merely expressing an opinion like others have. Just because it doesn't fit in with theirs or yours doesn't mean I can't express it. I was agreeing with a poster above on the use of low aids, that's all. The fast members surely can't have it all their way can they? Is it a private club? A clic?

As a paying member I am entitled to a point of view despite what you say and I'm not on a "moan streak" if you don't mind. I just like speaking out sometimes.
Your train set, your toys as they say.:rolleyes:

Yes, I do mind actually. Andy you are simply wrong. I am not a fast racer at all. I am mid pack at best. My best ever finish was 3rd, which I have achieved only twice in nearly two years. When we did V8s (maybe at Queensland if I remember right), you were faster than me. I am sure I can dig out the results files if I really need to, or then again you can ask any of the regular club guys who can vouch for that. Not that it matters how fast we all are anyway, right? You seem to have it in for anyone better at sim racing than you, and I am not the only one to have pointed it out to you.

Also it isn't my "toys" at all, so don't even try to imply that, trying to make it personal, trying to put the onus on me. I try to run the club for everybody, as a whole, as proven by this very thread where I listened to what people want and then we moved to see what we could do to cater for it. Another thing is I am not an autonomous club runner - I run the club based on guidelines and discussions with the staff behind the scenes. This isn't a one man show; in fact sometimes decisions get made that I disagree with, but my job as staff is also to support those decisions once they are made and provide a united staff front.

I have seen a whole load of posts in the recent past about your opinions on fast guys and assists. This isn't a one off. You are entitled to your opinion and point of view, but you don't need to repeat it endlessly when the club doesn't change to suit you. You also like to misconstrue what I say, deliberately twist what I say (even where I have given clarification) just to suit your point of view.

You like playing this game where you say just enough to rile others up, but just not enough to cross the line when it comes to the rules. Passive aggressive slightly sarcastic comments and well-placed emoticons don't make what you say any more friendly. I grow tired of you having a go all the time in a way so you can backtrack when someone calls you on it, (pretending you were just being all friendly and discussing how you feel), especially supposedly at my expense or trying to make it personal when I am trying to do a good job, and I have always tried to take the time to hear your opinions - not changing how we do things doesn't mean we didn't listen, it means we listened and decided on another course of action we deemed better.

Being a paid member doesn't give you the right to dictate how the clubs are run; it allows you to participate and put forward ideas that may or may not be used. If you don't like how I run my events, go somewhere else, I don't care. I won't miss you, and I won't be paying much more attention to you either. You've worked your way through any goodwill I might have once had.

Edit: Finally, if you want to carry this discussion on further, take it to a PM. The thread has gone off track enough already.

Last edited:
OK.....before this gets too 'heated'. I believe certain members have the impression that aids are for slower drivers, and driving without aids is for faster (alien) drivers.?! 100% WRONG..!!!:O_o:
For many years, I have seen in many sims and many clubs, not having aids on is for the majority of time, drivers that wish to test their ability in; first, driving/controlling the car, and secondly racing whether it is at the front middle or at the back. (as this club in particular has shown, you can have great/epic battles up and down the grid!:))
Personally driving cars with aids on means that it is a similar style of racing, but with a different view from the cockpit.!! :whistling: BUT, this is a club with differing views, so I don't see a problem with running events with & without aids. Going onto the grid everyone that signs up will know the setup/aids available, and then can choose whether to participate or wait for an event that is set to their liking. Afterall, GSC and RD supply a great selection of cars/tracks to please 'most people', most of the time!!

Edit : Sorry Andrew, Didn't see your post while I was typing.!!:whistling: . No more typing!!!!:thumbsup:

@Mark Breslin thanks for your comment but the aids discussion has already happened a number of times I don't want it to flare up all over again when there is no point. Nothing personal to you :thumbsup:

Let's get back to discussion open wheeler events please. Thanks!

Ok, so here is the list of things I think should be implemented in open wheeler tuesdays that I took from the fine suggestions aired on this thread:

- provide a stable setup (check)
- race on fitting tracks (IE not monaco)
- find a way to enforce people to do race start practice during warmup (maybe, if a driver spun out on the grid, we check the warmup replay to see if he has done a race start practice. If not, one race suspension from the next open wheeler event, otherwise - up to the admins judgement. Maybe harsher penalties for repeat offenders).
- allow enough warmup time for said practice starts
- encourage (or enforce, whichever) joining the server one hour earlier and practicing.
- allow low assists for harder to control cars (Classics, extremes, v12s etc)
- 20-40 minute races, with more 20 minute races rather than 40 (seems to be the general consensus I feel, even though I like the longer races)
- video lap guide (braking points, tricky corners) - any volunteers?
- failing that, text lap guide perhaps?

We can only cater for stuff so much though; it also requires some practice from the participants (whether that's a longer official practice session or offline, that's cool).

Not going to enforce race start practices, that's too much. But the people who spin on the start and cause incidents and don't wait can be reported, and the crashers get weeded out.

The rest... sounds good to me. Tal, thanks for the thread, some nice ideas here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%