rF2 Touring Car Revivlal @ Bridgehampton - Thu 07 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The BMW might have felt like it was made for this track, but I can tell you, the Volvo certainly did not. In fact it felt like it was made for an entirely different class (well, at least with me behind the wheel.) And trouble awaiting at first corner (and beyond) in both races certainly didn't help.

Onwards and upwards, I guess. Thanks for the race anyway, Bridgehampton is a great circuit (well at least in AC it is, the rF2 version feels and looks quite different, I'd say).

Firstly thanks to Denis for organising this.

As this was my first experience of these cars in rF2 I knew I'd be more off the pace than usual. Thought I'd run the Rover but it was clear there was only one choice so i jumped over. Are cars from an earlier year better balanced and can you limit the selection when the server is set up?

I tried to stay out of trouble and run my laps at a comfortable pace. Apologies to Craig for getting in his way at the apex on the first corner at the end of the first race. Second race was better showing slow and steady works for a 4th place finish.

Thanks again and my TS nickname has been changed

Last edited:
It's not easy to limit car choice by year (I think it would mean messing with the mod, which we wouldn't do), so we are kinda stuck in that regard. What we can do, is choose a couple of cars which are close in pace and just do a versus battle. This means that cars like the Volvo and Rover will get a run out. I will look into this for the next rotation of the cars we are using. The worry though, is that people may not sign up to drive the Rover and Volvo - which would be a shame IMO, because these cars all drive differently. A lot of work has gone into this mod and it shows in the variety of the cars. I think it's a shame when we all end up racing the same car (except for Martin - bravo :thumbsup:).

Tried a few laps in practise for this and it was as good as i'd hoped it would be! Bridgehampton deserves multiple run-outs!!
Hi Ross, I'm glad you like the track, it did seem to go down very well. I will defo run this combo again - maybe in the summer.
In the mean time, I'll prob pick a couple of the better handling cars from Aussie Legends mod and run them at this track. I will also check to see if the 60s F3 cars are gonna work round here.
It's tricky coz we don't have masses of historic content to choose from and most of the stuff that I like, isn't popular and doesn't get sign ups because the cars are tricky to drive - you need to practice in them.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back