Touring Car Revived

What do you people think of this mod? Have you tried it yet? cheers
In RF1 it was a winner. Every car completely different and authentic. My fave was the Merc Cosworth.
I raced it at Bathurst vs AI many times. Once in a 6 hour with AI co driver. Made me reminisce about 1987 when I was there in real life.
I have only seen the promo video and I judged it a bit based on the graphic/lighting which didn't do it many favours. Its not like me I'm in the physics camp.
Its on the to do list.
What about a report Jim?
edit
Here is a vid, I havent checked if its RF1 or RF2 yet

Last edited:
Jip, i tried them in rF2. But there is some work to on the handeling of the cars...

I was looking for a good Cossy... ;)

d919b9c321d49261bfb3a9d4ca0ab41e1949475f.jpg

I've done our BMW with race07. And did use Race07 as a real simulator to simulate/test 2 gearboxes at Zolder, SPA and Nurbergring. I had modded the car: so it had the same power, straight and cornering speed with the old gearbox. I've tested the 2 gearboxes and 1 was 2 seconds faster at zolder and 3,5sec faster at SPA and 2 seconds at the nurburgring. But it needed bigger tires to get the ratio's spot on. So we find those bigger tires.
After the winter rebuild and first real test in the summer. the result was remarkable. The car even 0,3sec to 0,5 sec faster then in the simulation. Because the bigger tires came with a bit more grip.

rebuild pics: + the 50 euro "sim" pedal box! :p
b4b282bf7c43b4525945a8b27676548d5bc11be3.jpg foto 2-1.JPG foto 3.JPG foto 1.JPG foto 2.JPG foto 4.JPG

Here is an onboard at zolder: click here

I've also did the porsche with race07:
bravospa2012-12.jpg IMG_1099.JPG

Last edited:
Jip, i tried them in rF2. But there is some work to on the handeling of the cars...

I was looking for a good Cossy... ;)

View attachment 70674

I've done our BMW with race07. And did use Race07 as a real simulator to simulate/test 2 gearboxes at Zolder, SPA and Nurbergring. I had modded the car: so it had the same power, straight and cornering speed with the old gearbox. I've tested the 2 gearboxes and 1 was 2 seconds faster at zolder and 3,5sec faster at SPA and 2 seconds at the nurburgring. But it needed bigger tires to get the ratio's spot on. So we find those bigger tires.
After the winter rebuild and first real test in the summer. the result was remarkable. The car even 0,3sec to 0,5 sec faster then in the simulation. Because the bigger tires came with a bit more grip.

rebuild pics: + the 50 euro "sim" pedal box! :p
View attachment 70677 View attachment 70678 View attachment 70679 View attachment 70680 View attachment 70681 View attachment 70682

Here is an onboard at zolder: click here

I've also did the porsche with race07:
View attachment 70675 View attachment 70676
Is that you driving? Your name is different.

@Gijs van Elderen I think you just won...
"Show us your cockpit!

I'm going to sit and wait now for someone to come in and post that despite the physics and tyre wear possibly having the edge in realism:geek:, the colours and ambience in your (excellent) video aren't as good as Assetto Corsa, or Game Stock Car:unsure:.
I mean this thread is in RF2 section its what I expect.:roflmao:

Is that you driving? Your name is different.

Nope that's my brother.
I have a wife and kids and little time. I've done only track-day's with the car.
But i'm getting the hang of it. Last time i've been quicker then him at zolder. (i'm holding the lap record now with the car. ;))
But just like sim racing. Racing in a field of 40 drivers is a bit different then hotlapping.

I'm building expierence with the car and wrenching a lot. Maybe next year i'll go for a license.

and wrenching a lot.
Similar situation here, brothers race car etc, except i am a lot younger haha. Although i havent had the opportunity to drive it, only move in and out of garages or onto/off tow trucks/trailers. But working on the car and being his radio guy/engineer for when he is on track and in races is fun. As much as working your arse off can be fun haha. Was out at Eastern Creek all day today doing testing infact.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back