rF2 Touring Car Revival @ Lakeside - Thu 06 Aug 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So, have any of you guys seen something and though "Hmmm, I can do something with that". Then actually started doing it. As you are progressing with your work, you find it to be quite funny and amusing. You spend some more time with it and then you realize that you will never use it yourself. No-one else will either. Then, in the middle of the night, you come to a point when you start to question everything you do, and get the "what am I doing with my life?" moment?

I kinda had that last night... Chose a car that is wagging it's tail when you drive it. It was fun, I had a laugh. But really, is this what I am doing in the night?
I present to all of you, the Holden Commodore TWR MeØw Edition.
faFW4sx.jpg

Though, I have put it out for download. If someone are... unique enough to use it that is!
Download By Clicking Here
Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\TCR_TWR_v042\*Your Car*
Unpack zip-file. Paste the dds file there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila!

Dang, I'm not getting updates on this thread and I've been hectic busy working to get my camper on the road. Sorry guys, will update the thread immediately. :redface:

You forgot to put Rui in the entry list, boss! :)

Give me a spot on the grid, too. No paint skills. I'll go with one of the stock skins.

Painting... it's... basically the Norwegian trio who are obsessed with that. One is furloughed, one have summer holiday and the third is, well. He is just him ;P

But as Joakim also says, there are people here that can help out with some easy liveries.

We have templates for all the cars except the Volvo

It was released when they they realized they had forgotten to include it with the others. Problem is, that link is long gone and I cannot seem to source the template from anywhere sadly.

Last edited:
The Volvo template is attached.
I have been working on these cars for quite some time i am at version 0.46 at the moment.
I have to admit the Volvo is still at 0.42b. Too much work on Physics and Skins to update them all.

I have been working on these cars for quite some time i am at version 0.46 at the moment.
I have to admit the Volvo is still at 0.42b. Too much work on Physics and Skins to update them all.

Ooooh! A-mazing!!
Now I gotta make a Volvo of some sort, no idea what, but now that you have shared this I feel obligated to!

Some might say I should "get a life". But at least this isn't as "what am I doing with my life" as the MeØw Holden.

Loosely based on the Brabham BMW's. (And using the old RD logo *ssshhh*)
d2T6qEb.jpg

Download Link is here!

Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car).
Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\TCR_BMW_635_v042\*Your Car*
Unpack zip-file. Paste the dds file there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila!

Hi Phil.
Are these cars available on RD Downloads? If not, would it be OK to post them there? Then maybe we could post the templates too?
If that's not something that would be appropriate, then of course we'd respect that. :thumbsup:

I've done surprisingly much F1 2020, but in terms of simracing, I kinda got a downer after ODS. It was so extremely amazingly awesome, that I was completely empty afterwards, and nothing came close to the fun, the team-feel and the adrenaline from that!

It was an awesome experience for sure, I felt the same as you after the ODS race, it really drained me out but it in a good way:D. Hopefully we can do something like that again that would be awesome.

Last one from me (unless I get very bored tomorrow or something...). A little backstory.
Tom Walkinshaw was the guy running the Volvo BTCC effort in the mid 90's, his TWR Group even having a company together with Volvo known as Auto Nova AB. And there was talks in 1996 that Walkinshaw had convinced Volvo to pay enough the re-badge the Hart engines to Volvo, and thus we would've had Arrows-Volvo in F1. This was said to be for the 1997 season in F1. Now, the 1997 Arrows was white, blue (and bits of red) with Parmalat sponsorship. Seeing how I had just done the BMW 6-series, that wasn't too interesting.
However, I found a loophole. In 1997 Arrows used Yamaha engines. They didn't use the re-badged Hart-engines until 1998. Which meant that in this fantasy-scenario, the Arrows-Volvo wouldn't appear until 1998. So, there it was then. The loophole to make a livery based on a fantasy, based on negotiations that never worked.

The Arrows-Volvo F1 98 240 Turbo!
AEHJxSI.jpg

Download Link is Here!

Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\TCR_VOLVO_v042\*Your Car*

I've done surprisingly much F1 2020, but in terms of simracing, I kinda got a downer after ODS. It was so extremely amazingly awesome, that I was completely empty afterwards, and nothing came close to the fun, the team-feel and the adrenaline from that!

What was ODS?

BTW, really sad that I can't make it Thursday... You are such a good bunch of guys... Next week I'm not at home, but the week after means full attack!!!!

.... Also Skin wise... ;-)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing