rF2 Touring Car Revival @ CTMP - Thu 14 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Uhm, there seems to be a version mismatch between server and clients. Could join like an hour ago - now it says "different version". There has been a client update a few minutes ago, guess that's why. Is it possible to update the server accordingly?
Yep, steam updated rF2. I will update the dedi server now.

We or I have a problem with the server Denis ...tried 5 times now ..

UejjgIn.jpg

Not a great fan of this mod I'm afraid, too many annoying issues IMO. But at least the second race was fun.

But a bit of explaining is in order I think. You might've heard me going "what? WHAT?" a lot when Craig was talking about being punted. And you probably didn't understand why, and I might've even unintentionally made the situation worse.

Well, what happened was...I totally misheard Craig when he adressed the person he meant to be adressing (intentionally not mentioning his name). I just heard him say "Martin" for some reason. And I just couldn't fathom what he's talking about, leaving me thoroughly confused, especially since his responses seemed to align with mine. Because I surely didn't remember anything even remotely close to what he was talking about.

And it took me quite some time to realize I might've misheard something, and even longer to realize I had previously muted the person he was actually adressing, so I didn't even hear any responses.

What can I say, I'm an idiot. Sorry if I made matters worse as a result. Would've been too awkward for me to explain it over TS, given my usual amazing ability to express myself by talking.

Last edited:
And it took me quite some time to realize I might've misheard something

Thanks for taking the time to explain Martin. It's something that many people would do (IMO), so thanks. Although I must confess, I couldn't really tell whwas saying what, so I was pretty confused anyway. :(

Hey Guys,

First of all sorry to the guys I hit... Sometimes acted a bit over-enthusiastic.
I also got pushed of in one of the first corners. He didn't wait for me either. But 3rd place (twice) calmed me enough

I also don't like the quality of the mod. It's not realistic for tires to warm up so quickly. Plus throwing an M3 on the roof when going over a curb isn't either...

But nevertheless, had a good evening!

Thanks for organizing and see you next week!

Cheers Dan

But a weird thing I assumed was the fault of the mod was my cockpit view was noticeably darker in the BMW during the session...but I've tried other cars offline now and it was fine, and then I also went back to the same BMW both offline and online, and it was fine as well...

So I don't understand what was going on :confused: Maybe just rF2 being rF2?

Thanks for hosting @Denis Betty. I rather enjoyed the combo. BMW felt better in practice to me. Thanks for the setup Denis which was quite good but I was not use to 6 gears and I really made a mess of my down shifting numerous times which hurt my pace. Cheers to all drivers.

:) Appreciate what we have here.

BTW: Yesterday after the race I tested the Williams from ASR Formula. Tried it in Imola 88.
Was a blast, would love to see them in a club race together with the other cars from them!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%