rF2 Touring Car Legends @ Birmingham Superprix - Mon February 8th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please move to a reserve spot, im not sure if ill make it home in time tonight. If im not there 5 mins. before event start i wont be joining. Have to finish painting in old appartment.

• Kıvanç Öztürk

I hitted the Stefan at first corner.Sorry Stefan.

Thank you guys, had fun 2nite. Sorry I had to leave early, but work as usual.

I'll do race report later, but have to laugh at my dozy moment at the start of the last race lol. Forgot the cold brakes and tried to park the car in the run off area :).

Cya all soon and thanks Ryan for sharing the setup and for organizing the evening :)

first let me thank you Ryan and RD for orgenizing/server usage

praccy*
oh dude that was a blast first i was totaly struggeling with the RS500 but then i managed to run into mid 1.35's wich is a PB :) was even faster as Gary

Qualy*
omg i managed to score a even lower 1.35 and secured 2nd grid spot behind Ryo gave me a total high

Race1a*
messed up the start and dropped like nothing near to the end of the field while in turne one was total carnage and half the field would be out of the race we decided to restart it
Race1b*
this time i got the start perfect and took the lead of Ryo who must have mess his one up as i noticed Gary is hunting me down lap 2 at the uphill right i runned a bit wide and Gary was past lap 3 down to the hairpin Ryo got a run on me nothing i could do against
from then my only goal was to keep 3rd with Paulo just waiting for the smalest mistake of me but i managed to get a gab of 2 secs to him befor i startet with some erros and badabum Paulo was again just under my exhoust so i had to fight again till the end to let him no change
at the end of the race i was 11 secs of the to front runners and 8 secs infront of Paulo awsome race mate was wet like after a shower

Race2*
oh well messed up the start like in race1 and dropped back to the end of the field after a few laps i closed in on Gustavo and Gary they was having a realy hard battle for position and i was wating for a change to get them both
coming down the frontstrait i tryed to brake just a tad later to maybe have a run on them down to the hairpin wich showed was the worst i could do as i hid the nicely planted tyerwall at the exit of turne 1
car felt wired but i keeped it going till the hairpin as the car just would not brake nor turne in so i runned starit into the barrier = game over. Sorry Ryo for chatting that i lost my front tyer did not think that one could maybe distracted

anyway it was a good eveing for BVM first race it was a 2, 3, 4 and 2nd race it was a 1, 3 thanks Gents for showing up and made this race realy funny on a sidenote we should try these RS500 at Bathurst

Such a classic combo for some retro memory lane stuff :)),maybe more on the grid would have been better?..maybe it wouldnt?,the main thing is those that were there made it some good racing going on,race one was a long chase on Ryo with some late in the race pace,but no proper passing chances,race two was more busy,glad my car made it to the finish with some of the knocks off the walls it got :).
Well done everyone tonight for having a go at one of sim racings most difficult beasts.
Many Thanks Ryo & RD

First race I tried hard to stay with Michael, for a few laps I managed that, but Michael was clearly a bit faster than me and after he found consistent pace, I began to lose almost one second a lap, good driving mate. Gustavo was always right behind me and I did need all my concentration to mantain a safety 3-4 seconds of gap. 4th final place was great. Congrats to the super-turbo-hiper-faster podium folks. :wink:

Second race I managed a good start and a lead for a few laps, however the superb and fast Ryan's driving had put him at first place. Unfortunately Ryan had an unlucky run and allowed me to re-take the lead. By half of race, Gary was in my rear bumper :eek: with me trying to do all I could
to keep the 1st place. Was not possible, soon he overtook me and by then I thought...oh well, second place is quite possible now, stay focused and aware that Gustavo is 8 seconds behind, so keep the pace man! :cool:
Right......3 laps to the end (I guess) I messed in last chicane and the engine stall...pressed the ignition button but meanwhile Gustavo passed away. Back on race then.....:redface: now with almost 4 seconds gap to Gustavo with only 3 laps to the end. Managed to short it to less than 2 seconds but I recon that Gustavo was driving just to keep a safe gap. Excellent driving Gary and Gustavo. In the end I'm happy with the podium finish.
Well done to all drivers, it is not easy to handle these cars between walls.

Thank you Ryan and RD.

Cheers

2 questions;

a)
i like Rfactor very much, but what i very dislike is that rfactor doesn't repair all damaged if you ask for that....Yes i had damaged the car, the temp of the tyres was getting sky high...but after pitting is wasn't solved.

b)
Steering sensetivity. How high or low do you have this standing. My is put on 14%.

You have two repair options. Repair body and repair all.
This will show up in your pitmenu only if you have some damage. And then you can switch if you want to repair the body/all or nothing and just leave it.

I have it on 50% just like all the games.
Speed steering sensitivity i have on 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years