rF2 Touring Car Legends @ Barbagallo - [Oceania] Sun February 14th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rF fired up and even time for some qual.....i declared i would be claiming T1 with the favourable starting position second on the grid gives you,i mean all you have to do is match the pole guys start and the inside is claimed easy,but i made a bogged down bummer of a start ;p...dropping to 3rd as the Hermy breezed past and Ryo bolted away from pole,i quickly used the Rousey Rocket power to reclaim second place and get chasing Ryo,clawed the wee gap down until Ryo went on 2 wheels then over he goes on off on his roof >;P,cruise to the finish time innit :).
Remembered the starting technique for the RS for race 2 and got a belter off the line,but nowhere to go with it :),slotted in and followed and chose the back straight to unleash the RS beast and take me places there,excellent fun in the pack and and chasing and passing!.
Thanks all there making it a much less dull than usual Sunday morning,hopefully this scene can pick up a bit of healthy grid action for the future.

Many Thanks Ryo & RD

Race2*
again a great start this time from 5th cuz of reverse grid Philip in his rover came not so good of the line so i moved outside of him as he came
more to the outside too so i had trubbles braking thanks to Jari for letting enough room :) on turne 4 in lap 2 or 3 Rhys runned wide so Philip
and i got past him coming down to the turne 6 Philip runned wide so i grabbed 2nd behind Warren

Michael mate, sorry if I squeezed you at the start of Race 2. I was very aware of Jari's Rover on my inside and I didn't realise you were on my outside.

Unfortunately I thought I was going to tag Rhys going into the Hairpin b4 the main backstraight and just ran myself wide onto the grass and I ended up last and then pushed too hard and took myself off a couple of times :(.

Race 1 was much better for me though. I was well down in Qual as I couldn't get settled with the car, but I managed to get a comfortable pace during the race and ran an almost faultless race to 4th :)

Great fun guys and I look forward to trying again on Monday night b4 work :)

Thanks Ryan and WD Gary for taking both Wins.

Qualifying: 4th. Couldn't match the pace of those danged BMWs, but my Commodore had the edge on the straights.

Race 1: I bogged it down a bit off the start, but the surge at high revs allowed me to keep my position. I chased Jari for a couple of laps before sailing by him on the straight. I had to stop myself from waving as I went past. :wink:
From then on, it was keeping the car pointed in a straight line that took the bulk of my effort, sometimes ending badly. Warren was chasing me in his Merc, and I hit the kerb at the last turn, sending the car up on two wheels. I had a bit of a scare trying to keep it from flipping over, but it must have looked awesome. If you recorded a replay, watch me around lap 8 or 9...
I eventually finished 5th, a little worse for wear but happy that I completed the race.

Race 2: P2 this time around, and bogged down the start again. Jeez, these Commodores are hard to get off the line...
Warren slotted in in front of me, and I tried using the power of my V8 to get by him on the straights, but I ran a little too wide at T4 and into the grass. I rejoined in 9th, and had heaps of fun rocketing by most of the field. :tongue: I managed to mostly keep it together this time around, and enjoyed watching Warren, Ryan and Jari duking it out in front of me. I managed to catch Warren in the end, and brought it home in 5th again.

This was heaps of fun... thanks Ryan for bringing back some nice Oceania racing like the good old days. I was hoping to finish a bit better, this being my home track and all, but there's always next time.

See yaz at Queensland... :redface:

It was a good event as always with these cars. I chose the Rover this time which seemed a bit of a handful. however Jari volunteered his set up, which although it was almost identical to mine did help me find a small improvement in time. It never helps with cars that have this much power that I still haven't replaced my broken wheel and race with an Xbox 360 controller. Anyhow I qualified last but only by a couple of tenths and was about 2 seconds off the top runners.

In the first race my start wasn't too good and being last I stayed there and took it easy through turn one following everyone through. I tried to stay close with my main goal to keep it clean and on track. My plan kind of worked as people in front of me went off and I was able to creep up to 6th. I was shortly re passed I believe by Mr Morris or Gardiner I forget now, but then I settled into an easy manageable pace with Olajf following me for the 2nd half of the race. He got close enough to have a look a couple of time, but when I expected him to commit to a move it never came and luckily before the end he went off leaving me alone with no pressure.

Race 2 I started 7th and started well. I moved up a place. Ryan soon came blasting past though without me even realising he was coming. A couple of other guys snuck past as well leaving me in the same position as race 1 being followed by Olajf and Vos, sadly this time as in most of practice turn 4 caught me out and I spun causing damage to the car forcing me to pit. After repairs I ran a couple more laps before the same happening again. Not such a good race.

Good fun, and nice to be able to join some old mates again, these cars are quite fun to drive too. Barbagello is a really nice track too, pity the Aussie V8 crowd have dropped it IRL.

Chose the Merc this time, just for a change, but it didn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer at this track, or maybe I had a poor gearing setup??? The top guys seemed to be able to just cruise past me down the two straights, especially Rhys in the Holden. The only one who had to work hard to get past was Jari in the Rover, or maybe he was just being kind.

Race 1: Spent the first few laps behind Glenn, watching the usual entertainment of his tyre squealing drifting, and waited for his tyres to pack it in (usually not a long wait with Glenn :tongue: ). I don't think Glenn is old enough yet to be driving the Volvo, but he did say he was wearing a hat though. Managed to sneak up to P4 late in the race, but then picked up a curb and went for a two wheel excursion over the grass and slid back into the path of Rhys, sorry Rhys, but at least it must had woke you up.
Brought the beat up old Merc home for P6 after that.

Race 2: Ryan took pity and gave me pole for Race 2. Spent most of the race slowly getting mowed down by the quicker guys but had some fun laps with Jari, holding him up for quite a while, then Rhys at the end. Another P6.

I'm finding rF quite enjoyable, but don't know much about setting these cars up yet.
Thanks to all who raced. :cool:

Merc is one one of the least powerful cars, like the BMW, so you really have to hustle it through the corners, thankfully it has great grip. I found it understeered quite a bit, so just raised the rear anti-roll a little and it helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back