rF2 Touring Car Legends @ Bahrain - Monday February 1st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Race 1 lots of fun.

Race 2 i was to fanatic, and made a totally wrong move. But waited to let everybodey pass me. Then no more concentration anymore.

To bad the M3 was not quick enough for the cosworth's and some V8.

Race 1 was fun, qualied 9th and got up to 6th early on before dropping a place to Jari and then suffered a drop to desktop thanks to msn, luckily I was able to rejoin on track with no cars buried in me but lost a place to Richard and ended up finishing 8th.

Race 2 was a complete cock up. Starting in pole thanks to the grid shuffle. I parked on the pole tried to select 1st... Nothing. Tried my Throttle again.. Nothing. So i quit to pits to reset my controls and missed the race start and as I left the pits to begin the race realised I now couldn't steer. No idea why rFactor suddenly forgot my control configurations but something I will need to remember for the V8 League!

Stuck it on pole. Slightly surprised by the Commodore. Awful through the corners but had enough to rip down the straights.

Race 1: Was fantastic one of the best races I've ever had. Got a bad start (what's new). Gave Ian a love tap, but got through a few corners later. Caught up to Ferry and outdragged him when he made a couple of small mistakes. Gary made a couple of mistakes and was a bit ahead when I coked up my braking in Turn 1 and slid sideways into his rear quarter. Ferry nipped past us both. Gary got back past him and so did I. Made a small mistake which let Jari through. Couldn't catch Jari back up and was involved in a massive battle with Ferry in the Cossie who would gain in braking but lose in power. We both made small errors, but I managed to hold him off for 3rd.

Race 2: A lot of people dropped between the races. I think it was the tracks' problem. Anyway most rejoined and we set off, straight into disaster. Bizarre move by Freddie took out Gary and held up a couple of others. Then people dropped like flies, the commitment was appalling and I was ashamed that after such a great first race, people just up and left after minor errors. We were left with just Rob, Warren, Can and me. Rob crashed out, I waited for Warren and we had a nice little battle for a few laps, those Commodores sound awesome :D. Slipped past and rode home for the win.

Thanks for the first race guys and shame for the second. Big kudos to Warren and Can for sticking it out.

i just got fed up from spinning all the time, found out it was steering lock that did it.... had it mistaken for something else. something learned for next race... loved to drive the BMW, but its not a match to the v8's, maybe on a more bendy track but not the long open ones.

but im gonna be back for next race for sure :redface:

I finally managed my debut in rFactor, and had some fun overall, (but a fews things were disappointing too). Grabbed the Commodore, what else would an Aussie drive, didn't even test anything else. It turned out to be a good choice for this track, lots of V8 grunt down the straights, but it was a handful under brakes and through the tighter turns. The sound was awesome though.
Qualified P6, happy with that.
Completely missed the start, I had no idea where to look for the lights, so sorry to those behind me. The first few turns were maniacal, cars getting punted everywhere, including me, maybe some restraint with cold tyres and brakes would help some people. I came out of the opening messes in P10, and had some good racing behind Stefan, but I then started looking at the option screens available for race info, forgot about the braking point and speared off track almost taking Stefan out. Very sorry mate. Next lap, I accidently switched the lights on, and while fiddling around trying to turn them off, I went off track again. I was certainly looking like a rF noob by now. Finally settled into things and put some good laps together and caught up to Richard, but he over-cooked it onto the straight, letting me pass. I then held on to finish P6.
Quite a fun race.

Race 2, was very disappointing. I was gifted P3 on the grid, and Rich dropped out from pole, giving me a clearer start, and this time Ryan told me where the lights were, so I got away better. Unfortunately, everyone went crazy into the opening turns again, with a repeat of the Race 1 carnage. This time I survived better, and came out P4 and moved to P3 soon after a mistake from someone in front. Just as I settled into some clean laps, everyone started dropping out, mostly due to earlier crashes or people having a spin. Soon there were only three of us left, turning the race into a farce, so Ryan waited for me and we had a few good laps close together, thanks Ryan.

It is very disappointing to see people dropping out just because they get behind or have a spin, I hope that is not a sign of things to come for this group. The opening lap chaos needs attention too, or you guys are in for a scrappy V8 League.

Thanks for organising Ryan, I mainly enjoyed it, despite a few hiccups.

Ryan,

I think by waiting on everybody to let me pass that should do it. (normally especially in race 2 when beiing pushed off the or aside everybody races further).

For what i can recall i was in front of Gary, made a better start. But unluckely i was pushing to hard and i do not known who i hit. (couldnt avoid the 4 cars that where driving on that spot). So i waited for the most of them and then slowly drive further for even some others to let bye. (also Gary came along).

So i think i did not take Gary out, Gary took his self out just stopping his race. (chat something he was wasting his time)

Then many dropouts from others, and because i already felt bad about what happened and also by waiting i was way out to get me a decent race again. Thats why i went to the pit and leave the race.

For now i'm going to take a big sabbatical, and drive on some public servers where i think you can still have lots of fun and hope to meet some old racing friends which i havent seen racing for a while.

Just watch replay at home. i was not in front of Gary, but i had overtaken another car. But when reading the name tags i thougt i had overtaken Gary.
Nevertheless it doesnt change the story.

I moved a side and waited for drivers to pass. That my move caused any problems to other drivers i wasnt aware. Only thing what came into my mind was to go aside and wait for passing me.

So i am sorry i caused this to happen.

Now i'm goiing to be harsh on meself and punish me with a long sabbatical.

Guys! i have one big question...how do you repair everything on youre car in the pit?

it changes tyres etc,. but not the most important thing...body and steering...

That's why i quit early. after making a pitstop. The first race was a big chaos @ T1

Those races were fun. I did not have much practice with the mod before last night so it was a steep learning curve for me. First race, I was happy just to finish, unlike the second race where i lost the car big time coming into turn one. I hit the barrier and lost a wheel. Looking forward to the next TCL race however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%