Touring Car Championship: Bathurst (Live Stream!)

Chris

Premium
Flyer Round 4 - Bathurst.jpg
The season finale of the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship takes place at the legendary Mount Panorama, otherwise known as Bathurst. Watch live with us as a huge field of drivers takes to the brutally unforgiving track that holds iconic status the world over.

Last time out, a somewhat unusual race unfolded as for once it was not Oscar Hardwick standing on the top step of the podium, but rather Ryan Seltzer made an inspired drive after being handed first place after Hardwick spun on the exit of 130R. Unfortunately for Hardwick, and despite his best efforts to regain the lead, his attack was short lived as a technical issue forced him to retire from the race.

This development means that through consistent performances and a bit of luck in Round 3, Ryan Seltzer has taken a 24 point lead in the championship heading into the final round. With the current points scheme, the most basic permutation that needs to unfold for Hardwick to take the championship crown will be for him to win the race with Seltzer finishing no higher than 15th.

But the battle between the two big hitters is not the only one that matters as all drivers down to 25th place in the current standings have a mathematical chance of taking the championship and with the host venue being such an unforgiving place, anything is possible.

Don't Forget!

We have a viewers competition where you (yes, you!) can go into the running to win a brand new Thrustmaster T300RS Force Feedback Racing Wheel.

Each round will feature a viewers choice question. Each question will ask for a letter and at the end of the season those letters will spell a word. Once the season is complete, send your final answer to our RaceDepartment account. From there a winner will be chosen via a random number through random.org.

Watch the Title Decider Live!

The live broadcast will commence for the start of the qualification session on Saturday 18:20 GMT. In the commentary bunker once again will be the fantastic trio of Thomas Hinss, R.J. O'Connell and Lorenzo Bonder to guide you through qualifying and the race and of course, ask that all important competition question!

Head over to our Twitch TV channel or our own livestream chatbox here at RD to watch the race as the top sim racers battle it out for ultimate glory and chat with fellow racers as the action unfolds before you.

Be sure to check out our fantastic spotter guide so you know which car is which, thanks to the brilliant work of AlexSchmurtz!

RDTCC_S10_spotter_guide_r4.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the setup I used for the race. There is a small chance I had made a small adjustment somewhere, but I think it is exactly what I used, if not it is 99% the same.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b82pvkd355f9bqv/Bathurst.svm?dl=0

Also in testing we (The Mighty Forth) found that the driving and braking down the esses in sector two made a big difference in time. Here is a link to one of my faster laps on full race fuel (setup above)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/verkildsgow9757/2.05.49.vcr?dl=0

Hope this is of some help!

Here is the setup I used for the race. There is a small chance I had made a small adjustment somewhere, but I think it is exactly what I used, if not it is 99% the same.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b82pvkd355f9bqv/Bathurst.svm?dl=0

Also in testing we (The Mighty Forth) found that the driving and braking down the esses in sector two made a big difference in time. Here is a link to one of my faster laps on full race fuel (setup above)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/verkildsgow9757/2.05.49.vcr?dl=0

Hope this is of some help!
thanks very much and very kind of you to share the setup guide.. will try and let you know how it goes do you use the same set up for QF with just less fuel:)

In general yes, but at Bathurst I changed the brake pressure and bias some. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bstb9z334tmckh5/Bathurst Qually 2 laps.svm?dl=0
Enjoy, these cars can be a bit of a handful :)
hi Slalom 823 the settings are very good ....although i went 1 click up on the front and rear bars down to 2.06. 211 my best before 2.06 .960 ...so i think practice practice .. turn 2 is where i have most of my probs on the exit and lose time there... THANKS FOR THE HELP

I'm glad to hear that was helpful, and always great to see lap times drop! I would say a low 206 is pretty darn quick for this combo, nice lap.
thanks again for the help that lap was on low fuel 20 lts as soon as i put 50 to 60 lts back to high 06s i just do not know how anybody could do 2.04.442 as i see on you tube vids BUT I WILL KEEP TRYING;)

I'm glad to hear that was helpful, and always great to see lap times drop! I would say a low 206 is pretty darn quick for this combo, nice lap.
Hi Slalom just to let you know am down to high 2.05s had a talk to a good friend of mine john faulkner he raced supercars car 46 for 10 plus years he helped with some of my setups.. and still helps some teams to this day.. all teams toe settings are 1 to 3mil toe OUT on the front and up to 7mill toe out for quly only! as tyres will not last... and on the rear a small amount of toe IN 2mil.but in setup on AMS it appears you can not have toe in only straight ahead..All this helped with my lap times...and these toe settings are used for all the tracks they go to....hope this info can help you regards Denis

Hi Slalom just to let you know am down to high 2.05s had a talk to a good friend of mine john faulkner he raced supercars car 46 for 10 plus years he helped with some of my setups.. and still helps some teams to this day.. all teams toe settings are 1 to 3mil toe OUT on the front and up to 7mill toe out for quly only! as tyres will not last... and on the rear a small amount of toe IN 2mil.but in setup on AMS it appears you can not have toe in only straight ahead..All this helped with my lap times...and these toe settings are used for all the tracks they go to....hope this info can help you regards Denis

Hey that is great that you got the times down into the 2:05's! Good thing you weren't in the race :)
I do believe that you can do toe in in gsce and in ams. I could be wrong though. That is interesting that they use even more toe out in qualifying. I normally just try to reduce toe settings for less drag at the cost of less stability. (theoretically, as I am not sure if I can tell a big difference) Thanks for the update.

Hey that is great that you got the times down into the 2:05's! Good thing you weren't in the race :)
I do believe that you can do toe in in gsce and in ams. I could be wrong though. That is interesting that they use even more toe out in qualifying. I normally just try to reduce toe settings for less drag at the cost of less stability. (theoretically, as I am not sure if I can tell a big difference) Thanks for the update.
hi Slalom you can do toe settings in AMS but on the rear you can not toe in only zero or a posative toe out ...the reason for more toe out on the front for quly is more ackerman effect.the front inside wheel in the turn .. turns in more than the outside wheel..just like a go kart...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%