Total Newbie to Evo, any tips?

Hey, I recently got GTR: Evo. At the moment I am capable of racing at 95% for World Touring Cars and Mini's. and 85%-90% at The GT's and F3000's, and I was wondering what sort of level I need to be at before I'm good enough to race online or if you have any setup tips :)

Thanks

If you have the game and an internet connection and common sense you are ready to join online Matt. Every minute spend offline wondering if you fit is wasted time :)

• Robert Stork

To be honest I'd rather get good at the tracks in practice mode with other real live people. I have to be in an odd mood to want to play by myself.

I would race online, but my wheel is broken atm, and can only race with keyboard. Could I race online with a keyboard, or would I be far to slow? I can win comfortably at 80% in the FBMW's.

Sorry to Matt for hijacking this thread, hope you don't mind mate.

I would imagien that racing with keybaord is certainyl possible but obviously nowere near as controlled or quick as a wheel.

For myself I would never try and play the game with keys even right now as I sit here with a smashed up Momo pedal set after one too many races lost due to the crappy pots problem!!

I will just wait to play with the G25, playing with keys just seems a bit Spectrum now!!

Just another thing. I see all of the videos on youtube, and there is a specific skin that they all use, minus names bein put on. Is this compulsery for casual racing as well?

If i understood you correctly you refer to league racing that has a specific skinpack. For club racing that is not required. You can use what ever you like and if it is a customskin (ie not built in skin) just post the download link and you're good to go. Just remember that if the skin you chose is not downloaded (and installed..) by other players they will see you in a default skin (the first onw in the list) as GTR uses a system that the skin isn't downloaded when you connect the server. It has to be downloaded and installed BEFORE you start the game.

• Marius Erlandsen

How does racing online work? Do you just join a server and start driving? Or do you have to sign up here on the forum and get a password or something?

Edit: Oh, and if it's just to join a server, how do you get a race started? Do you have to agree with the others on to meet at the starting line and do a countdown or something?

How does racing online work? Do you just join a server and start driving? Or do you have to sign up here on the forum and get a password or something?

Edit: Oh, and if it's just to join a server, how do you get a race started? Do you have to agree with the others on to meet at the starting line and do a countdown or something?
You first need to become a racing club member. Application

Click on the LINK look for races that you wish to sign up to whether it is PC, Xbox or Playstation formats.

Make sure you read the top post of each event which give you all the info that you require for that event.

• Ariff Roose

You first need to become a racing club member. Application

Click on the LINK look for races that you wish to sign up to whether it is PC, Xbox or Playstation formats.

Make sure you read the top post of each event which give you all the info that you require for that event.

err.. David, isn;t he already a Club Member? Or did you, Matthew just do it?
Sorry for the misjudgement! if any

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing