Toscana

Tracks Toscana 0.61

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not much. But I have a 1070 so hard to say.
In practice, in 3440x1440 60fps locked, I'm with 25% CPU and 60% GPU usage.
In race, I have to turn down the reflection to keep a constant 60fps... But then again it's in 3440x1440. In 1080p the GPU is sleeping. ^^
Right now if there is any difference it must be 5% maximum.

I didn't added everything I want yet. But I didn't worked on the optimisation recently so there is still room for that.

I think I will release 0.5 around 1 septembre.

Not much. But I have a 1070 so hard to say.
In practice, in 3440x1440 60fps locked, I'm with 25% CPU and 60% GPU usage.
In race, I have to turn down the reflection to keep a constant 60fps... But then again it's in 3440x1440. In 1080p the GPU is sleeping. ^^
Right now if there is any difference it must be 5% maximum.

I didn't added everything I want yet. But I didn't worked on the optimisation recently so there is still room for that.

I think I will release 0.5 around 1 septembre.
Is it possible to keep the current 2D tree version of Toscana as a separate track, in case performance tanks? 5% performance deficit might be too much for some people (eg VR users on the edge of 90fps).

Don't worry dip numbers and perfs are in check and I use a Vive too.
Plus 3D trees doesn't mean that I pushed thousands of high poly trees around the track.
Only trees directly next to the road are 3D and when I say 3D I mean like a hundred triangle by tree instead of 24 triangles for a Y tree.
Trees between 1 and 10m from track are still all Y trees, and beyond 10m it's just a textures with plenty of trees on 1 poly.
I wouldn't be surprise if there is more poly on one car than on all the trees around the track reunited.

Yep I know. The popping is already solved.
Setting the material for it to works with all lighting condition is an other problem that I have yet to solve. I use a alpha test material for performance, and in the video, the sunset is very low so the grass is lighten at a very perpendicular level which make it looks very bright, while with a sun like 5 degrees higher it works fine. I might have to go for a more costly alpha blend material.

Yep I know. The popping is already solved.
Setting the material for it to works with all lighting condition is an other problem that I have yet to solve. I use a alpha test material for performance, and in the video, the sunset is very low so the grass is lighten at a very perpendicular level which make it looks very bright, while with a sun like 5 degrees higher it works fine. I might have to go for a more costly alpha blend material.

Please keep up the excellent work. It is greatly appreciated. I know I have looked forward to the updates of this wonderful work of art.

fastfab updated Toscana with a new update entry:

0.5 update for Toscana Autodromo is here!

Hi everybody!
After some weeks of work, the 0.5 is here. I hope you will like it.
If you do, don't forget to rate the track.
I also started some tutorials video on youtube , feel free to keep an eye on it:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbtecAeTyMVreBDFX58eyuw/featured?
And if you really like it and want to support moders works and help them buy coffee and tools, please feel free to donate.
paypal.me/fastfab

Changelog:
Version 0.5
- Fixed intermediate time and start.
- Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

fastfab updated Toscana with a new update entry:

A small update

A small fixes after a few good remarks while waiting for next big update.

Changelog:
- The "new asphalt" part is less dark.
- New asphalt detail texture added
- The skins are now integrated "Content manager friendly" and will appear in it.
- The track name and folder is now just "toscana" without wip number, so from now the lap times will be kept with each update.

Have fun!

Read the rest of this update entry...

A one side of all low fence is transparent.
Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_toscana_15-9-118-16-29-19.jpg

@fastfab I created another track skin (called French Brand) using your Elf/Michelin billboards to go alongside your Italian Brand skin. Since you already made these it seemed a shame not to use them. Why not include it in the next update?

• Deleted member 87416

Did I already say that I love this track? Managed this in todays practice session.
Thanks for all your work, it is by far one of the best ones around.

Attachments

• 2018-11-01 13_27_08-Window.jpg
    2018-11-01 13_27_08-Window.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 164
I know this is a bit way past the last update/message, but seeing Lavalamp adding some configs to improve it, I thought "let's necro this mod".

So after using the stradale track for a F1 league champ, here's the drivers bug feedback :
- the pitlane zone (pit limiter) shouldn't start with the deceleration zone, this encourages drivers to turn in the pit entry as late as possible which is pretty dangerous.
- the pitlane doesn't extend enough on the right side, and pitboxes are set just on the edge of the zone, which makes cars become physical in pits and can also be abused to bypass the pit limiter.
- found a hole in the road in the entry of the left turn just before the tunnel, making cars unstable enough to spin and crash in the wall before the tunnel, either getting stuck permanently or going under the map.
- skidmarks on the grid are offset relative to grid slots.

To be fair, I don't know if FastFab is still active in modding, so I don't know if I would be allowed to, but I think I can fix these issues, I tried to contact him a long time ago regarding the use of the track in a champ and adding some pit slots but never got a reply, soooo, I don't know really, I like this mod, so if you happen to read this Fastfab, I can help with a little update, I guess.

As an FYI, I created Kart Friendly AI Lines for the Centrale layout, and they are over here:

When I started working on updating the side lines I did not notice that the 1.0/0.0 for the fast_lane was in the wrong place, as it did not properly match up to the Start/Finish line. I had to delete all the AI files and start over to fix it. You can see in this screenshot that the kart has not crossed the 1.0/0.0 line and the S/F is quite a bit behind me. This was causing issues with AC properly reporting the leaderboard positions when cars were between S/F and the old 1.0/0.0 line.
Toscana_StartFinish.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%