Torque Bands

A

Ariff Roose

• Ariff Roose

any way to see the torque bands for each car? useful for setups i guess.

They are a mystery for some reason. For wtcc 87 bmw the game doesn't even list peak torque (whaddaya mean 'N/A', chief?).

Yes, they are useful for setups and shift timing. The best you can do is to figure out what engine is in the car and google for real life torque curves, or compare motec logs between different setups (not trivial).

Mod makers should be able to state what their engines do. They may perhaps even know how to read the curves of built-in cars.

You must have found them at rscnet.org (which is down) under Engine Graphs for GTR Evo - RSC Forums. Thanks for saving them.
The notes.txt makes it clear that he had access to some kind of tables and interpolated the rest.

It's glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks that the shift lights are total hack jobs:
Many cars' shift lights do not accurately reflect proper shift points.
Would anyone happen to know a way of contacting this Rob_ formerly at rscnet?

• Ariff Roose

Thanks for helping, I never really noticed the change in the R8's bhp! Its putting out 448 instead of 412? Woooow?

do not believe all your read in game as simbin is famous for giving you false info, this is the actual engine data

Attachments

• fbmw2.jpg
    fbmw2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 337

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%