Toro Rosso in Hunt for New Driver For USGP

So. Can this be Honda's doing maybe. I felt it was really random when Hartley suddenly was the leading contender for the Chip Ganassi seat in IndyCar. Now I remembered that CGR use Honda engines. And as Hartley is out of contract for 2018, there might be an interest from Honda in signing Hartley to their stable of drivers. However, no Honda junior do have enough points to get a super license at the moment, but with Hartley in the group, they have a fairly young driver, who can get a super license.

Not saying it will happen, but with a good showing in Austin, I would not be surprised if Hartley gets a chance in Mexico as well. And maybe even Yas Marina. Racing together with Gasly for those races.

An interesting thought (for me) at least!

• Deleted member 744306

Indeed, I know lists are long, boring and people will probably not read the post, but here is the list of drivers not in F1 atm, but who have enough points to get a superlicense (it will include drivers with F1 races, who would not need points to get a new superlicense).

• Alex Lynn
  • Alexander Rossi
  • Andre Lotterer
  • Anthony Davidson
  • Antonio Giovanazzi
  • Benoit Treluyer
  • Brendon Hartley
  • Charles Leclerc
  • Felix Rosenqvist
  • Helio Castroneves
  • Jose Maria Lopez
  • Juan Pablo Montoya
  • Kazuki Nakajima
  • Loic Duval
  • Louis Deletraz
  • Lucas di Grassi
  • Marc Lieb
  • Marcel Fässler
  • Mark Webber
  • Neel Jani
  • Nelson Piquet Jr
  • Nyck De Vries
  • Oliver Jarvis
  • Oliver Rowland
  • Romain Dumas
  • Scott Dixon
  • Sebastien Buemi
  • Sergey Sirotkin
  • Simon Pagenaud
  • Stephane Sarrazin
  • Timo Bernhard
  • Tom Dillmann
  • Will Power
  • Josef Newgarden (Possibly, if he is allowed to use points gained in 2017)
  • Lando Norris (Possibly, if he is allowed to use points gained in 2017)
  • Maximilian Günther (Possibly, if he is allowed to use points gained in 2017)
Then you have all former F1 drivers who have not scored over 40 points for super license over the last 3 seasons, who only needs to show that they have recently shown outstanding performance, or any other slightly random thing that FIA will accept them on.
That's the pool TR can choose from.

Would've chosen De Vries, Di Grassi, Dixon or Leclerc

Its a American event and a good time to work on finding the next American racer since Scot Speed. In the hopes of having a full time American in the long run. America is one of the biggest market's for F1 to tap into:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back