F1 2011 Top Speed with Gears & Rear Wing Strategy?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all
Im looking for some advice on setting the car for top speed. I am racing with Virgin at Melbourne.

The track info sais that the top speed is 188 mph, now with the default set up i can get the car to 176mph (without DRS) and 184mph (with DRS). I can then reduce Rear wing and extend 7th Gear to increase both speeds. I have now got Rear Wing (1) and 7th Gear at (192mph) and am reaching top end speed of 191mph (with DRS).

That's fine, i can do that, BUT

My setup for Qualifying should be done incorporating the DRS for absolute max speed on the straight.

But with the Race setup, is it pointless setting the car up for DRS as im in a Virgin and dont expect to be using the DRS zone very much. Will I be waisting vital seconds per lap?

Your help is appreciated!

You are answering your question yourself. Yes, the optimum 7th gear is different when you have DRS available any time and when you don't. How much time you would be wasting will depend on the circuit and your driving, difficult to say (but easy to test yourself during P sessions).

Keep in mind that, if you want ultimate realism, you should use the same setup in Q and R, in agreement with real F1 regulations (however the game does not enforce this).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back