Top Gear's Richard Hammond crashes again

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond was involved in a four-car pile-up while driving his £110,000 Morgan AeroMax supercar

Mr Hammond, 39, allegedly ran into the back of a Nissan after another car braked suddenly at a roundabout near to the village of Over in Gloucestershire.
Three years ago, the television personality was seriously injured in a 280mph dragster crash during filming for the popular BBC Two show.

A witness to the latest incident told The Mail on Sunday: "Someone braked sharply in front of him and then a number of cars went into the back of each other.
"Richard was at the back of the line and he received no damage to his rear end, but the front was in a pretty bad way.
"Everyone got out and exchanged details and there was some good-humoured banter exchanged by the drivers after they realised it was him."
With its 4.8 litre BMW V8 engine, the Morgan AeroMax is capable of speeds of up to 170mph. It is hand-built in a style reminiscent of luxury cars from the 1930s and some have compared it to the Batmobile in the recent Batman films.
Mr Hammond wrote on his blog earlier this year: "After months of waiting and a few sleepless nights, I picked up my Morgan Aeromax from the factory, drove it home and nearly fainted with the thrill of it.
"I can't stop looking at it, driving it and thinking about it."
It is believed Mr Hammond was returning home from a flying lesson at the time of the crash.
A spokesman for the BBC confirmed the presenter had been in an accident.
"Richard was involved in a minor collision and nobody was hurt," he said.

telegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing