Top Gear Hosts Announced

They should change the show name. Top Gear will be forever associated with Clarkson, Hammond and May. Keeping the Top Gear name and format will be their ruin.

Otherwise, the cast is not bad and it can actually work if we don't think about "Top Gear". If they went more into the Fifth Gear format it would be even more suitable.

What I like about this is that we already know we get to watch the trio work their magic, now we also to get to watch this mob do some cool car show as well. Will it be better than what Amazon Prime is offering? Probably not. Will it be entertaining? Probably. :thumbsup:

As for the poll? I voted for Sabine :inlove::rolleyes::D:roflmao:

I remember Top Gear before Clarkson and his side-kicks, so no issue with keeping the name for me. And for me the format had become very tired, and I'd given up watching. The new show has to be better though like others I'm surprised at the size of the team. Looking forward to it, and suspect there may be more historic stuff given Chris Evans background.

I generally really like the lineup, but Eddie Jordan is the one there that I really can't stand. Hope he isn't on it too much.

I will give them a chance, the late childish/offensive humor of the top gear trio is not that hard to match or beat. In particular Clarkson was way out of line by the end, it was not witty, it was high-school banter level :thumbsdown:

I expect, though, that part of that lineup will drop out after season 1 and we get only what works.

Drop Chris "mouth o mighty" Evans & Eddie "pain in the ass" Jordan and you got a decent line up. Chris Harris I never heard of, but just watched a few of his vids, I like him :thumbsup:

I think it's great that they've got Sabine Schmitz and Chris Harris to accompany the Stig's skills. I foresee good stuff from those three. I look forward to watching it because it's a show about cars. And personally, I don't understand complaining about a show about cool cars and great driving if you are a fan of those things. Reminds me of heavy metal fans complaining about Metallica and Megadeth.

Which brings another interesting comparison with this topic: Top Gear loses Clarkson, May, & Hammond, they make their own show and the viewers now get TWO cool shows about cars instead of one. Like when Metallica fired Dave Mustaine, he created Megadeth, and the fans got TWO great bands instead of one.

In both cases, I'm enjoying and appreciating both, rather than finding fault and complaining about one or the other.

It's a hodge-podge and theres too many of them. It's going to turn out like one of those many many shows that tried to copy Top Gear but nowhere near as good.

WTF is the Friends guy doing there? Its like they just picked some semi-famous people who know about about cars. Out of the people there I think Sabine and the Chris's are the only interesting ones. Never heard of Rory Reid. EJ is fine as an F1 pundit, but would be cringeworthy on a show like this I think.
I live in america and the sack of doggy poo, that they called top gear here, It was a travisty, now I have watched alot Mr. Harris, I have nothing but love for him , but the rest of em who the heck are they, which starts the problem, if I dont know who they are, then where have they been as far as motor sports, or cars?

With Chris Evans presenting it, it will be sheite.

Good job I subscribe to Amazon. Looking forward to the old gang causing havoc and meyhem and being even less politically correct to appease the liberal BBC.

Heh, I keep seeing this, but if the BBC truly had minded Clarkson being politically incorrect they'd have fired him a long time ago.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back