Apex Racing League

I did get a happy feeling when viewing the vids. Needs music, good music to accompany the atmosphere. I don't have time for other race games though but it would be a nice diversion and relaxation while still keeping the passion for motorsport alive.
I am interested. It looks real fun.

• Deleted member 130869

The ability to adjust camera zoom would be welcome. Hopefully more tracks with a very lively atmosphere will be available!

I don't think it's a simulation ;)
That doesnt mean they can slide a bit more though cmon now! :) The dirt cars was sliding in that second video on the last page, but those other ones in real life slide for long sections. They could do it in older arcade micro car games. Its just about "grip" and not about real world physics. ;) they can make arcade games where you drift. Its not hard. Even if its arcade and "fun" they can still mimic reality. If not then they can make the F1 slide as well. That wouldnt be fun. You would expect the cars to behave like in real life - on the typical characteristics. Like if they are sliding a lot or if they have full grip. What acceleration/top speed they have. If they have short or long braking distance. This doesnt require any "realism coding". Its just simple values.

It looks like they do exactly that, but i saw 1 class of car looking like they slided too little. If the game didnt mimic reality at all like if there were driftnig F1 and full grip rallycars on dirt, then i would have thought it looked real bad and would not be interested. But it looks like they have it nailed down really well even thought its a micro arcade fun type game. Thats all im saying.

That doesnt mean they can slide a bit more though cmon now! :) The dirt cars was sliding in that second video on the last page, but those other ones in real life slide for long sections. They could do it in older arcade micro car games. Its just about "grip" and not about real world physics. ;) they can make arcade games where you drift. Its not hard. Even if its arcade and "fun" they can still mimic reality. If not then they can make the F1 slide as well. That wouldnt be fun. You would expect the cars to behave like in real life - on the typical characteristics. Like if they are sliding a lot or if they have full grip. What acceleration/top speed they have. If they have short or long braking distance. This doesnt require any "realism coding". Its just simple values.

It looks like they do exactly that, but i saw 1 class of car looking like they slided too little. If the game didnt mimic reality at all like if there were driftnig F1 and full grip rallycars on dirt, then i would have thought it looked real bad and would not be interested. But it looks like they have it nailed down really well even thought its a micro arcade fun type game. Thats all im saying.
Wow how can I argue against that statement? You are right....unless the players controlling the cars were inexperienced....but then again it's probably ai racing. If we both buy the game, let's play online vs each other ;):thumbsup:

Wallet ready for Kickstarter help ! Mercedes Sauber C9, Ferrari 312T ... omg lot of fun incoming. Information about maximum slots in multiplayers ?

Yep, that's correct. Indeed the purpose of the game is to mimic reality and give the right behavior to every type of car. They have balance and grip properties, and sprint cars in particular are very responsive with relatively low grip. They feel very nice but for the video we had AI drivers do the work as it's really hard to drive with TV cameras, and they don't get the most out the cars yet which is why they don't look as drifty as they are.

@lelinuxien52 Thanks mate, grids will have 10 slots.

Yep, that's correct. Indeed the purpose of the game is to mimic reality and give the right behavior to every type of car. They have balance and grip properties, and sprint cars in particular are very responsive with relatively low grip. They feel very nice but for the video we had AI drivers do the work as it's really hard to drive with TV cameras, and they don't get the most out the cars yet which is why they don't look as drifty as they are.

@lelinuxien52 Thanks mate, grids will have 10 slots.
Thanks for that. Just what i wanted from a game like this. You got yourself a buyer right here. Looks hella fun. :)

The concept seems to be very similar to one used in Turbo Sliders (and in its mods, such as Speedway Turbo Sliders). I like it.

Apex Racing League Kickstarter 2.png

Eagle Nest Interactive have launched their Kickstarter campaign for new top down racing game Apex Racing League, looking to raise a $65,000 CAD goal in the next 31 days, as the wish to push on development of the game prior to a public release.

As is the usual form with a crowdfunding campaign, backers can earn a number of rewards based on their level of contribution, ranging from the minimum $15.00 CAD, giving you a copy of the game on Steam, beta access, a unique in game livery and thanks in the game credits. At the opposite end of the spectrum, players contributing $500.00 CAD earn themselves the rights to design a track in game, a digital copy of the title, the legend skin pack, rare fleet, stealth skin pack, alpha access, design document, beta access, backer skin pack and special thanks in the game credits.

So, what is Apex Racing League exactly?
Apex Racing League Kickstarter 1.png

RaceDepartment member @sidewinder26 and his brother formed Eagle Nest Interactive and have been developing Apex Racing League for many months now, having reached the point where further funding is required in order to bring the title to its maximum potential. Designed to be played with a keyboard or a gamepad, the game promises to have engaging car dynamics based on real physics and launch with eight different classes of racing playable on a variety of different track surfaces. The game will include a single player mode and online multiplayer, and unlike many racing games on the market today, day-night transitions

You can read more about the title, and the brothers behind development, in our introductory article found here.

Apex Racing League Announcement Trailer:

Apex Racing League Kickstarter campaign is now live. Check out the Kickstarter campaign page here.

Will you be backing Apex Racing League on Kickstarter? Do you think the game will be a success? Does this type of game appeal to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
"Designed to be played with a keyboard or a gamepad, the game promises to have engaging car dynamics based on real physics"

:O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back