Top 10 of Best Racing Games for the Xbox 360

My point Is fella that I don't buy a game and get all pissy because an aspect of that game is different to another, meaning I judge them on their own merits, where as you judge them on one single aspect, how realistic the physics are. I don't play Sega Rally or Dirt for realism, I play them because they are FUN. If I want to play something more realistic, I will play RBR, if feel like playing something a little different, I can, because I don't see realism as a way to measure the quality of all driving games, im sorry that annoyed you but thats the way I see it. Like I said kidder, Just Enjoy yourself.
firstly, you didn't annoy me son. not at all. more important things in life to worry about son ;) also, i'm hardly getting pissy by saying i think that forza 4 is not as realistic or as good as race pro or dirt 3. it's just me giving an opinion and backing it up. i don't think many others would think that is abnormal son. i don't blame you for trying different games - i often play different games. then again, if i was commenting on a a top 10 of racing games, there has to be be a way to order them e.g. graphics, game modes, physics etc. just because i put physics as the deciding factor...you have incorrectly assumed that is my only consideration. i didn't say that so you have misunderstood again. i think forza 4 has nice graphics and lots of game modes. the physics are better than some games gone by. however, compared to race pro or dirt 3, i think what they have in physics is what sets them apart.

out of interest, what is your favourite xbox racing game? or are you saying you don't have a favourite because like people we are all different and special in our own way ?

once again, i'm not pissy and believe me, i enjoy myself son so don't worry that you annoyed me. enjoy ur games but don't blame others for wanting to compare qualities - if we didn't compare and judge things, the world would not have developed sims OR ARCADE games ;)
Couldn't agree more.
I like Forza, Shift 2, F1 2012, I'm even contemplating getting Grid 2.

But ultimately there has to be a deciding factor and that also for me is physics, and on console that puts 7 points out of 10 on the board right away for Race Pro.

Andrew Ford
You have your opinion, I have mine. I am more open to other types of racing games, you are not, I get it. But I can't ignore that you seem to think that my post was directed at you. You then filled your replies to my post with comments that had nothing to do with what I was actually saying and did nothing but suggest that you had missed my point.

My point was not to suggest that Forza should be higher in another persons list of top ten driving games for xbox than RacePro or Dirt,in fact my post was not really about Forza at all but racing games in general.

And if im honest, yes, you do seem quite annoyed, get over it, I have.

Andrew Ford
You have your opinion, I have mine
we're agreed on that aren't we? :O_o:

.I am more open to other types of racing games, you are not, I get it. I
in what way are you more "open" ? do you mean you like them all the same as each other whereas I prefer sims over arcade? i think that makes me more open to welcoming quality physics?

But I can't ignore that you seem to think that my post was directed at you.
it partially was as I own a pc/have driven iracing and I had said forza 4 was not the best game. directly or indirectly, your comments related to me. it's like going to france and insulting a french person in front of another french person (because they are french) and then saying, " i wasn't talking about you". lol (btw, i'm not being pissy and i'm not french).

You then filled your replies to my post with comments that had nothing to do with what I was actually saying and did nothing but suggest that you had missed my point.
not at all. you were suggesting people were getting pissy etc but i defy you to tell me that me, chris and justin (as examples) weren't just saying that the physics were better in other games and therefore we enjoy them better than forza 4 - ask them or just read their posts properly.

My point was not to suggest that Forza should be higher in another persons list of top ten driving games for xbox than RacePro or Dirt,in fact my post was not really about Forza at all but racing games in general.
so why did you mention forza? i could have saved you a lot of time son.
You could have just said, "In my opinion, all games are equal because they have their own qualities so I couldn't or wouldn't choose to rank them."
Instead you mentioned iracing, xbox's people being pissy and forza 4! Hell, you went round the houses more than my mother on the telephone!

And if im honest, yes, you do seem quite annoyed, get over it, I have.
i think we both know that with comments like "get over it" you either intend to make me annoyed or you are socially inept .Either way, it is of no concern to me son. Like i said, there are far worse things in life to worry about.
i'm simply ironing out any creases you have made ...once again,
many of us like games more because of the physics (alongside other features) and...
going back to the OP (which was about the top 10 ranked games) a few of us don't like forza as the top game. because we don't like it the most doesn't mean we all thought it would ever be iracing, it doesn't mean we are being pissy or annoyed. we just don't like the physics. if you don't make random assumptions and guesses, then there will be no sideshow.

take care son and if you're over it, you won't think i'm annoyed will you? :coffee::thumbsup:

Indeed, WL.

Marcin Siewierski said:
Hi, Cris that is the whole problem U look at Race Pro thru PC not Xbox. Forza Motorsport 4 is very demanding and accurate racing game plus it was really nice supported by Turn 10 untill crappy Horizon came.
Race Pro should NEVER appear for Xbox 360 in that form. It was worst spended 15 euro ever by me.

Noteworthy the confusion between something being "very demanding" and being "accurate". The usual "hard is realistic"...

On this topic: FM had the benefit of the (brilliant) work by Brian Beckman, but as in other cases (one most recently), someone decides to reinvent the wheel.

Now, comparing console racing games to PC sims is rather unfair for console titles - the physics engines in console games is years behind the best titles in PC simracing (exception made of Race Pro).

i think if you are ranking pc games versus xbox games for physics then that is unfair but if pc games are more advanced, then i think it is fair to say...the closer the xbox game to the pc level (in terms of physics) then the more accurate it is. i like the example you give of race pro chronus. it is closer to the pc and therefore it is more of a sim in the same way that race pro and rfactor (as examples) are closer to real car physics than forza 4. i think most of us are agreed on this sim thing lol

Forza Motorsport 4 is the king of racing on Xbox360 console and no matter what anybody will say, numbers are never wrong. Everyday U can race with hundreds of people online.
I'm sure Race Pro is dead, who wants to spend time with such a pathetic product?

If he had a different opinion don't you think he would have ranked the games different in the first place?
What is yours ranking Bram? I'd like to hear it more than beeing Austin's lawyer.
Ill ignore the childish lawyer remark by adding a strikethru to this line so you dont need to continue with that

Apart from racing on the Xbox 360 during coffee-breaks at my former job I can't tell much about it really as I haven't played enough games on it.

Personally I wasn't really blown away with the Race Pro graphics but handling and physics wise I think the #1 spot is well deserved.

Furthermore I really liked Test Drive Unlimited but not sure if it would make a Top 10 score.

With regards to the derailing of this thread. Passion is (very) good, obsession is scary.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%