Top 10 of Best Racing Games for the Xbox 360

I bet U never drove a real car Justin and never used a proper steering wheel as well.

You would be surprised Marcin. He' pretty good on SIMS e.g. race 07 and rfactor 2...whilst you have been playing "real sims" such as f1 2012 on the xbox :roflmao:;). You should retire like schumacher!:confused:
It is always hard to argue with PC owners but I'm sure for Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport 4 is the best racing game untill date and should be first on the list with NFS Shift 2 and F1 2012 not so far away.

Austin to understand NFS Shift 2 U need to love cars and have at least basic knowledge about them. This game like no other gives tons of adrenaline and was made by people who understands power and supercars.
Ofcourse it has got elementary problems with framerate and strange lag between front and rear but fun from using clutch and H shifter is abnormal plus those great sounds.
F1 2012 with bugs or without it, crash every other Xbox 360 F1 game untill date.
Racing is not for sunday drivers - bring F1 to a list.

Austin to understand NFS Shift 2 U need to love cars and have at least basic knowledge about them. This game like no other gives tons of adrenaline and was made by people who understands power and supercars.
Ofcourse it has got elementary problems with framerate and strange lag between front and rear but fun from using clutch and H shifter is abnormal plus those great sounds.
F1 2012 with bugs or without it, crash every other Xbox 360 F1 game untill date.
Racing is not for sunday drivers - bring F1 to a list.
The Shift 2 Unleashed developers admitted they purposely programmed the game to have awful physics as a way to get back at EA for being too controlling. If real cars handled the way they do in Shift 2, people would die on the way to the grocery store.

The Shift 2 Unleashed developers admitted they purposely programmed the game to have awful physics as a way to get back at EA for being too controlling. If real cars handled the way they do in Shift 2, people would die on the way to the grocery store.
I'm sure somebody screw up handling mode but physics is awesome, cocpit shakes, amazing sounds it should have a place on the list.

forza is the only game i've come across where, when you put ffb on, the wheel gets heavier and harder to turn as you speed up and turn in the corners. the opposite should hold true due to reducing grip. looks good but isn't the best
I had great problem to find good setup for Fanatec (FM4) for months but finally I have it and feels great.
Chris I ensure U Forza has same level of difficulty as any other "simulation" on PC.

lol you crack me up mate. you just told justin he had probably never used a steering wheel and he has driven more sims than you have had hot dinners lol

i think if you read any book on car physics you will read that steering gets lighter in the turn with less grip - fact. so when this happens with forza, it is not realistic. it happens in no pc sim that i know of and, to point out that this isn't me in a pc vs xbox war (i have an xbox), dirt 3 is far, far better with cockpit mode and ffb on. it isn't perfect, but it has better resistance in the turn. try it ;-) p.s. i'm sure you said YOU used a gamepad?:cautious:

I've always wanted to try Forza 4 with a proper wheel setup. I love how you can really feel the weight transfer even with an Xbox controller. Something a lot of other games don't capture correctly.
They did great job with Forza since first part just crushing Gran Turismo series with is handling and physics. I have spend hundreds of hours playing both but Polyphony is nowhere near with it's product. I think next generation of consoles will bring only good things to us players and we will see great fight between those two developers.

I just laugh anytime I see that TN video brought up. The guy can barely check his email without asking for help, let alone review a bunch of modern racing sims. It's not hard to find guys on iRacing who race in real life AND know their way around a PC, who can give you an accurate summary of what each racing sim does right and wrong.

I just laugh anytime I see that TN video brought up. The guy can barely check his email without asking for help, let alone review a bunch of modern racing sims. It's not hard to find guys on iRacing who race in real life AND know their way around a PC, who can give you an accurate summary of what each racing sim does right and wrong.
To be fair, he doesn't need to be PC or console savvy to identify whether the Sims are accurate to his own racing experience.
Ultimately Marcin, I have never heard any racing driver say they have used Forza for gaining track knowledge like they have R Factor or other pc sims. And when you can get a LMS car to lap Silverstone in the same time as an F1 car, you know something ain't right.

By the way Sim Bin owner is a professional racing driver.

To be fair, he doesn't need to be PC or console savvy to identify whether the Sims are accurate to his own racing experience.
Ultimately Marcin, I have never heard any racing driver say they have used Forza for gaining track knowledge like they have R Factor or other pc sims. And when you can get a LMS car to lap Silverstone in the same time as an F1 car, you know something ain't right.

By the way Sim Bin owner is a professional racing driver.
couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

RacePro is certainly no1 for me on Xbox. However...there's no substitute for the real thing. It costs very little nowadays for a track day and is great fun and challenging regardless of your chariot:) - stop your bitching fellas over PC, Xbox and get some sunshine:)

Firstly, this article is a subjective opinion piece; there is no right and wrong to what the author believes to be 'the best' game as it's his opinion. You could do away with the rankings and people would still complain their favourite is deserving of the #1 spot. To me it shows the bredth of games available in a supposedly dying genre.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 134 13.8%