F1 2014 Too many tyres available online

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Was playing online with some guys from our xbox league yesterday and noticed in the quali session that all tyres were available to choose from. I did 3 runs on options in quali then when the race was set to start i could again choose which tyres i wanted to start on (fresh options). Then during the race i stopped for options and again they were unused option. That's 5 sets of options i used out of the 6 sets. Why has CM missed the tyre rule online? You should only have 3 sets of each tyre for the race and the quali right? I know irl the top ten are given an extra set of options, so even if that was applied here that would be 4 sets options and 3 sets primes.

I haven't tested a GP race or career race for tyre use yet. Does anyone know if it works properly in any of the modes?

Well on PC I was doing a race with Options to start, then I switched to a second set of options on my first pit stop. Wasn't thinking about it and with like 4 more laps to go and me in first place I get a message on my screen saying I needed to put on Primes to keep to the rules. Anyway long story short I had to pit again and dropped down to like 7th or 8th I think. So there is definitely rules in the game. As far as how many you get to use within a race I haven't calculated that.

Don't think he meant that lol.
All tyres are available even after some are theoretically used on practice sessions.

Wonder if it would change on 100% race distance. Anyway because we are only doing short Qualy online, we get to choose which tyre to use for the race, it would be nice if that tyre came with 15% wear. Theoretically that would be the tyre you used in Q2.

Last edited:
Don't think he meant that lol.
All tyres are available even after some are theoretically used on practice sessions.

Wonder if it would change on 100% race distance. Anyway because we are only doing short Qualy online, we get to choose which tyre to use. It would be nice if that tyre came with 15% wear. Pity
Is that a rule change for this season i missed? Last year only 3 sets of each tyre were available for quali and the race. What you're saying is that the teams don't have to give back any of the sets after practice sessions, right?
I'll see if I can find the regulation change (if i have time)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%