DiRT 4 Too late co-driver call after long strights

Can't find a balance with navigation calls after long straights. Usually is too late to brake properly. Setting the call early enought it comes to a point that i don't remember whats ahead because on a complex section it already called all the corners. Am I that off pace to get this kind of trouble? (usually second on hardest, didn't played much thou)

i went into settings while in service, you can adjust the co-driver calls to either earlier or later, i prefer mine to be a corner or two ahead like i give my driver in real life
This, like in DR, makes other calls too early, particularly ones that give you 3 indications at the same time (one of the hairpin complexes in Australia).

Can confirm this is an issue. A little tip though, seeing as we know this is an issue. When the co driver gives you an indication of which side of the road to be on (keep left over crest, keep right etc.) while screaming down a straight, I find usually she is giving you that useless bit of info when she should be giving you the upcoming turn. Thus, when you hear this called, get ready for at least something. A little slower into a 5 or 6 is better than reversing out of the vegetation after missing a 2 or 3. I hope co drivers are nicer in real life, btw... :/

i went into settings while in service, you can adjust the co-driver calls to either earlier or later, i prefer mine to be a corner or two ahead like i give my driver in real life
Yes, I did this too, but it is not at all consistent: Some times you have to memorize the next 3-corners and then - all of a sudden - it says "into - hairpin left" while you are already in it (I had this in Australia and in Michigan - did not drive in Wales and Sweden yet).

I always take a closer look at the stage map while the game loads and try to memorize where a hairpin or sharp corner is located in the stage (Easy to locate by the sector markers). This helps a lot to have surprises you definitely don't want after a long straight...

I too have noticed this, its a big problem and should be patched. How did this get past beta testing? I've crashed 3 times because the note came way too late, one time when I was well underway with my crash...

I always take a closer look at the stage map while the game loads and try to memorize where a hairpin or sharp corner is located in the stage (Easy to locate by the sector markers). This helps a lot to have surprises you definitely don't want after a long straight...

What is this sectormarker you are talking about? I see no sectors? ;) But yeah i do the same but i try to look for long straights and hairpins. But i can only see where they are located by estimation for the entire stage. Mostly it's oh 3 hairpins after 2/3 of the stage, left right left. aaight got it. But if it's a long straight with a "3" behind it. I'm usually WUT? So i just coast over crests on long straights. I do have the Co driver at around 1 corner advance.
Maybe it's a good idea to have the co driver say the next corner at beginning of straights, and during straight have him/her say i repeat straight 300, over crest 3 right. Might be possible to program it into the straight call to have the next corner already read. Like it happens in real life. The codriver will call out next corner 2 times during straights.

i have my hud set to show me the sectors on the left side of the screen, not that i get to have much time to check it during a stage. i suppose the late call after straight is linked to the building block system creating the stages, as ole pointed out in another thread. 95% of the calls are fine, so far i have only spotted one consistent mistake, where is should say "right three/two" in wales but only says "over crest" or sth. But on the whole, for an automated system it's amazing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back