Two hour video of gameplay footage. Framerates look much smoother here than the trailer did:

I remember with the ratbag games (so freaking awesome) that you'd pitch the car into the corner with a quick left flick, then be on oppo lock and the throttle all the way around. In the gameplay video it looks like he's steering into the corner almost halfway in and then going opposite lock. That reminds me of the dirt racing in Nascar Heat. Its fine, but not great. And honestly, I don't know what a sprinter drives live, but I thought it was more like ratbag and less like Monster.

I'm still going to buy it the second it gets discounted though. I enjoy Nascar Heat 3 a lot even though its not perfect. It scratches an itch, and I've been itching for heat races and D-mains since Dirt Track Racing 2...

We all saw the video. Don't bother trying to use celebrity-level legal chicanery to excuse the inexcusable. Guilty in every way except via the formality of the justice system. Remind you of anyone else recently?

Yeah, Tonys responsible for some dumbass running around high and on a hot race track, running into a racecars. Yeah we all saw the video - a dumbass making a dumbass move with THC in his system and driving racecars and willingly getting out oh his to act a fool on a hot track.

He was found unaccountable in the criminal case and the family took a deal. You dont take deals if the other party is guilty.
That aint guilty to me bubba.

Yeah, Tonys responsible for some dumbass running around high and on a hot race track, running into a racecars. Yeah we all saw the video - a dumbass making a dumbass move with THC in his system and driving racecars and willingly getting out oh his to act a fool on a hot track.

He was found unaccountable in the criminal case and the family took a deal. You dont take deals if the other party is guilty.
That aint guilty to me bubba.

You seem to think that someone being stupid and/or having THC in their system justifies someone supposedly not stupid and without THC in their system using their vehicle deliberately as a deadly weapon. That ain't "not guilty" in any normal justice system that isn't distorted by money and celebrity. Stewart was guilty of vehicular manslaughter or attempted vehicular manslaughter (had the victim survived) plain and simple. But just like the rich get away with running over and killing homeless people because the homeless person has no representation, those with "better" representation win over those with less.

And you must be truly ignorant if you think deals are not done every day in the legal system by both guilty and not guilty parties for a wide variety of reasons that do not relate to who is actually at fault. And the most common reason is $$$$$$.

You seem to think that someone being stupid and/or having THC in their system justifies someone supposedly not stupid and without THC in their system using their vehicle deliberately as a deadly weapon.

And you have no proof, zero, that he deliberately tried to kill someone by using a vehicle to do so. Fact is, he wouldn't have been hit if the dumbass didn't get out of his car and run the opposite direction towards cars coming at him on a hot track. A person walking the wrong way on a freeway, jumping into traffic or trying to intimidate drivers results in the idiot dying on the freeway is not the fault of the driver bubba.
And the THC aspect of it plays an important role as well, perhaps the THC affected his poor decision to get out and run around on a hot racetrack with the end result of him being hit.

*OH BUT WAIT: "Tantillo said toxicology reports revealed that Ward was under the influence of marijuana at a high enough level to impair judgment.

So that settles that.

That ain't "not guilty" in any normal justice system that isn't distorted by money and celebrity.

Oh how so wrong you would be. "The Ontario County District Attorney's office took the evidence in Stewart's case to a grand jury, which found there was no basis for criminal charges, D.A. Michael Tantillo announced Wednesday."

A grand jury says that you're wrong.

Stewart was guilty of vehicular manslaughter or attempted vehicular manslaughter (had the victim survived) plain and simple.

Get your facts straight. You're wrong again. "The Ontario County District Attorney's office took the evidence in Stewart's case to a grand jury, which found there was no basis for criminal charges, D.A. Michael Tantillo announced Wednesday."

'Plain and simple:' He was not guilty. How can one be guilty when there is no basis for criminal charges that was found by a grand jury?

But just like the rich get away with running over and killing homeless people because the homeless person has no representation, those with "better" representation win over those with less.

I guess Tony paid off the grand jury too eh?

And you must be truly ignorant if you think deals are not done every day in the legal system by both guilty and not guilty parties for a wide variety of reasons that do not relate to who is actually at fault. And the most common reason is $$$$$$.

And you must be truly obtuse and naive to think $$$ came into the grand jurys decision.
That is, until you can come up that Tony paid these jurors to come to their decision.

And on the civil side, the Wards took the money, end of story. Think of it as Tony extending a token of best wishes.
The parents deep level of denial still runs deep, but his actions and the toxicology report say otherwise.

Last edited:
I wanted a modern sprint car game for a while, even though I'm not a fan of NASCAR at all. I like the uniqueness of those things and their wacky races. I hope it's a good game.

Just got a Steam pop up message with the release of this game (or sim?) ;) To be honest I was not aware of this release so it is completely new to me. Meanwhile I watched some YT footage and it looks fun. Something for 'in between' like Wreckfest.

Indeed looking forward to some feedback from this simcommunity

Just had a relatively fun 40 minutes with it, so here are my initial opinions.

It's definitely simcade as far as I'm concerned, but honestly we weren't expecting anything else. Still it's handling is fun and quite easy to get into.

I can't really comment on the AI at the moment as I destroyed them on my first race on the "hard" level. Fortunately there's an "expert" and "legend" level above "hard" and also the ability to custom adjust the AI level up to 100 I think, so hopefully there'll still be a challenge.

Brakes are optional, but given the type of racing that it is, that may be more true to life than it sounds.

There are some optimisation problems as I did notice some frame drops regardless of the graphical level, but that said it does look like it would happily run on a potato as it barely caused an impact on my 9900K and RTX 2080 Ti even on high settings. Speaking of graphics they're good enough to get the job done, but they're not going to blow you away. Assetto Corsa Competizione this ain't.

FFB is present and correct, but I can't help feeling that it's primary function is for effect. That's not to say you can't drive the car through feel - you can, but that aspect seems to be more of a secondary job of the FFB.

Once you've driven one track, you've kind of driven them all. However that's not really the game's fault as Sprint Car racing is what it is. That unfortunately may limit the game's lasting appeal.

Was it worth the $30 I payed for it. Yes, but only in so far as I had nothing better sim racing wise to spend the $30 on.

Can I see myself putting hours into this? No, but in defence of the game this kind of racing is not really my cup of tea. Great for a fun blast, but not something that I'd get serious about.

Would I recommend it? Yes, especially if you're into Sprint Cars, or dirt oval racing - it's the only game in town for this style of racing, plus the game seems fairly well polished, and nothing stands out as being broken - at the moment.

I didn't try online so I can't comment about that, but given that this is likely to appeal more to the American racing fan I fear that those of us here Europe may find ourselves struggling with high pings as it's most likely that servers will be based in the USA.

Of course 40 minutes isn't enough time to really get to grips with the game so take what of said with a pinch of salt. I may be back next week declaring this as the best thing since Wreckfest.

Absolutely a simcade. But it's a perfect game for my kids and I at the moment because i've recently introduced them to sprint cars this season (Australia). So for us, we will get great value out of it.

If you're looking for something more serious, you'd probably better turning your attention to iracing.

For a sprint car fan, this would be one for the collection all the same. A solid 7.5/10 for mine, mainly due to how polished it is, and it's race readiness. :thumbsup:

Edit: Looked for online games last night, but there was nothing to be found. I suspect this pc title won't draw players like the consoles do. There is some odd online tournament comp open for a couple of days. I suspect you join the track yourself to post your best time, and the results are posted after the event closes.

Last edited:
It is basically the same game as Nascar Heat 4.
They’ve changed the look and feel a little to match the different series.
Instead of Late Models, you’ll drive Midgets, 305s and 410s.

The AI has been optimized for dirt racing.

IMO anything under 100% and Expert setting is cheating yourself.
These races are short, you’ll only experience some hard racing if you allow some time for a race to develop. There is also a difference in difficulty between a quick race as a series driver or your vanilla start up car in career. Want more of a challenge again start the career on Expert to Legendary (100-105 level).

There are more AI tweaks that fine tune their behavior, more or less pack racing, more or less stable etc. Again very similar to Heat 4.

The physics are ok for a simcade.
It is not iRacing level dirt racing, but it follows the same logic (more or less ...) with the big exception of the track not changing at all. Also your car damage is very limited and I have seen no tendency for these cars to flip - AI and your own.

IMO the biggest negative of the game - besides those inherited from the Heat series - is fantasy tracks. Probably a license thing - contributing to the low price - but it does remove some of the polish.

My FFB wheel behaves predictably using the same settings as Heat 4, but I would not call the handling ideal (TM TS PC), but have not found a setting that is better.

Positive - Sprint Car Racing offers split screen (like Heat 4) and I’d like to try it with my two boys - set like an arcade game.

Local coop should always be stimulated, I respect every developer that adds this feature. IMO there is no substitute for the sort of fun that couch coop presents. Playing with my kids is something very different compared to online racing.

This is one of those imperfect but fun enough games that will never win any prices, but still have a dedicated following. There is nothing wrong with that.

My personal favorite is the 305, lot of power, but little down force.

Last edited:
From the perspective of someone who plays with controller and no VR, triple monitors or anything fancy, I like the game. It's fun and challenging enough, but not too much to the point of being frustrating. In the quick race mode you can fine tune the difficulty setting up to 105, but not in career. IMO the "Hard" difficulty setting in career is what more or less matches my performance, but I'm still far from getting a pole position or even winning a main event. I guess it's all due to lack of practice and poor components of the car when you start the career. I don't mind the fictional tracks, I know some people want everything to be realistic but I'm not that crowd. It contributes to the low price of the game which I like. Still, it needs some improvement, and I would like to see more installments of this game.

graphics looks nice, but steering wheel controls are horrible ..... very little options to change steering...u have 900 degrees, then u can change sensitivity..and deadzone thats about it really.......need to update the controls a bit more give us more options for steering wheel, more adjustability..........other then that games looks alright

A couple of patches for the new 'Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing' have recently released - check out the details below.

Since becoming available to the public back in February, developers Monster Games have been listening to the community and have already deployed a couple of patches for the game, adding new content as well as addressing some outstanding issues with the release version of the title.

Patch 1 deployed to both console and PC versions of the title back in early February, and patch 2 is available now!

Update 1 Details:
  • Various fixes for online multiplayer to make the experience more enjoyable.
  • A preventative measure to help dissuade wall-riding. Note that all Leaderboard lap times will be RESET when the update is published.
  • A fix that restores the laps “taken away” during yellow flags.
  • Various other bug fixes and overall improvements.
Update 2 Details:
  • AI fixes at Desert Springs to eliminate “endless” cautions
  • Added a new option to control the amount of visual “car shake”
  • Green flag banner timing has been shortened in split-screen
  • Increased the maximum final gear available in the garage
  • Users can now skip the point tally countup animation in multiplayer
  • Fixed reported crash bugs in multiplayer lobbies
  • Fixed issue in Career where new parts would occasionally have damage
  • Several other minor fixes and general improvements

In other game news, a new DLC featuring featuring two unique tracks, and three additional paint schemes for each series released back on March 6th. Priced at around £3.99, the 'Roadcourse Pack' DLC contains Palm Tree Motorsports Park and Shadeville Raceway Park - both dirt track courses designed to give the player and enjoyable and authentic racing experience.

The new DLC is available to buy from the respective game store now.

Original Source: Tony Stewart Game Website.

Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got something to say about the game? Post a thread in the TSSCR sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Tony Stewarts Sprint Car Racing Patch 2.jpg

Last edited:
I got the two tracks on the day of their release. Not sure how they're meant to fit into this game, as i'd tend to think they'd be better fit in a rally cross title.

Also, i see they haven't sorted the "Options" bug that see's the resolution reverted back to 640 x 480 once you save your settings. I'm sure it's reverting back to the low rez once you open options, because if you don't change it back before saving you'll get the 640 x 480 resolution.

... Monster Games have been listening to the community and have already deployed a couple of patches for the game ...

Where's this happening? I've done a reasonably thorough search looking to get in contact with Monster Games, but can't find any contact details anywhere

I'm liking this game quite a lot, it's fun quick racing without too much worries and kinda challenging even if you have a geared up car. Road courses don't fit it very well, though. The car's handling is pretty much designed for constant left turning.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back