It is fun, and I've played it quite a bit, but there wasn't enough variety in it to keep me hooked for longer. Yes I know, it's sprint car racing and it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, it was worth the purchase for the fun that I had with it, but it's now languishing in the dusty part of my steam library.

I was really, really, really hoping that an update would bring more background music and a variety of track announcers. I'm about to kill the current guy.

After 1 lap: "We're seeing quite a race out there!" Really.?

I feel like I'm toiling in TQ midgets for too long and those cars are not very satisfying to drive. I did a quick race with a good car in 305's and it was a hoot. You could use the cushion, even, which is pointless with a car early in your career.

• Haha
Reactions: CC
You guys are going to run outta games as dev's give up on VR over time. lol

LOL, funniest thing I've heard today.

VR HMDs are selling faster than ever before, to the point where demand has very much outstripped supply, especially with the Oculus Rift-S/Quest and the Steam Index.

The game pretty much everybody in gaming has been waiting for, which is the next instalment of Half Life, is VR only - that's right, flatties won't be able play it.

Every serious racing sim is VR compatible, and no TSSCR is not a serious sim.

The amount of VR only titles is growing day by day.

The devs that give up on VR are the devs that won't be selling many games in the future.

i was really looking forward to this game.... and then i bought it... going into it i thought, finally a real sprintcar driver making a sprintcar game... this game had the potential to be one of the best driving games out there, but nope we get arcadish crap instead...
i was highly disappointed as the force feedback was garbage, even after turning it all the way up, was almost non existant when going slow but progressing a little bit the faster you went, but it never got as strong as it needed to be (in my opinion) i know Tony plays iRacing, so im not sure why he didnt try and get that kind of feel for his game...
ANSWER: make it arcadish so all the console kiddies will buy it... its all about $$$$$ smh

VR HMDs are selling faster than ever before, to the point where demand has very much outstripped supply, especially with the Oculus Rift-S/Quest and the Steam Index.

The game pretty much everybody in gaming has been waiting for, which is the next instalment of Half Life, is VR only - that's right, flatties won't be able play it.

The devs that give up on VR are the devs that won't be selling many games in the future.

VR is a novelty at best. I have the rift S and ACC is the best out there for it and im sorry but it still looks like crap with a super computer pushing it. I mean its drivable, and I crank everything up but its still really big pixels with extremely limited draw distance\detail. I appreciate the vr effort for dirt2 but vr takes a great game and makes it look like a Laurel and Hardy cartoon. And even if it did work flawlessly, I have this chunk of plastic hanging on the front of my face. Long races are out due to sweat and I have had the optics fog on me. I have loud paddles and the built in speakers on the rift really do nothing to hide that or any other noise within a mile of me. But my $24 Amazon headphones do it all just fine. Yea, I tried them overtop of the rift but they push the rift down harder on my nose , so no.
VR is in the same place it was 2 years ago really. No new developments and the second generation machines really aren't that much different then the first generation. I know the Rift is not the end all VR machine but rather a lower middle of the road answer. I chose this because I had read up on it for months before I took the plunge. I can not vouch for better machines as $400 was enough to me for a peek. When I get around to getting a flight stick, my opinions may change. Flying seems to be extremely cool in VR. My daughter really likes it for the college level games so there is a value to owning it but after I got sick of adjusting settings and messing with it, I built a 3 screen racing simulator and am so angry at myself for taking so long to do it. If this is something you all really enjoy doing, build a simulator. The immersion level is crazy.

VR is a novelty at best. I have the rift S and ACC is the best out there for it and im sorry but it still looks like crap with a super computer pushing it. I mean its drivable, and I crank everything up but its still really big pixels with extremely limited draw distance\detail. I appreciate the vr effort for dirt2 but vr takes a great game and makes it look like a Laurel and Hardy cartoon. And even if it did work flawlessly, I have this chunk of plastic hanging on the front of my face. Long races are out due to sweat and I have had the optics fog on me. I have loud paddles and the built in speakers on the rift really do nothing to hide that or any other noise within a mile of me. But my $24 Amazon headphones do it all just fine. Yea, I tried them overtop of the rift but they push the rift down harder on my nose , so no.
VR is in the same place it was 2 years ago really. No new developments and the second generation machines really aren't that much different then the first generation. I know the Rift is not the end all VR machine but rather a lower middle of the road answer. I chose this because I had read up on it for months before I took the plunge. I can not vouch for better machines as $400 was enough to me for a peek. When I get around to getting a flight stick, my opinions may change. Flying seems to be extremely cool in VR. My daughter really likes it for the college level games so there is a value to owning it but after I got sick of adjusting settings and messing with it, I built a 3 screen racing simulator and am so angry at myself for taking so long to do it. If this is something you all really enjoy doing, build a simulator. The immersion level is crazy.

I've tried a quads in a static commercial flight simulator and that didn't give me the immersion that VR does, despite the 1 for 1 real A320 cockpit. Also if you think VR has really big pixels then take a look at my first racing sim, and yes it was considered a sim back then.

I don't really feel the headset after 30 seconds or so, and I've never found myself sweating while wearing it - well I did once, but it was 35 degrees C inside.

I've been a gamer all my life, and back in the 80's VR as it is today is all that I could have ever dreamed of. So, I'm a total convert, and in that respect I utterly fail to see how anybody could refer to it as a novelty. Then again I've always been one to see the potential in something when most others deride it.

Did you do precision racing online? Its where I met most of the friends I rode with through GrandPrix legends and Nascar 2003. Guy Wilson hosted the race list after Papyrus dropped support. Life was great until IRacing brass showed up and said they now owned everything Papyrus and we better stop hosting that race list or else. An entire community died that day and it turns out Iracing was full of crap. Scare tactics. Everyone who bought the game had a right to use it as it was made. The hosting was built into every cd so they had no right to stop you from using it.

My first pc was a commodore 64 and modems brought us castle role playing games you took turns moving your imaginary character. Pong was a happy x-mas for my brother and I. Dad picking of a phone talking modem jibberish was an unhappy day.

I knew the VR statements were not going to be popular but to each their own opinion. My opinion while it is a neat idea, the discomfort of a Batman mask with no eye holes and a lb. or two of plastic stuck on the front is quickly forgotten when you just look at a cheap 42" tv and its dripping superior graphics on half the hardware power and you don't have to wear anything. You can read every sign or billboard in the game without issue. No extra connections/wires to manage or sound adjustment to make every time you do something in or out of VR. You hop up and down with freewill. Your talking to the guy who gave it a really fair shot. I did a lot of seat time and my face was a mess afterwards each time. Its fun but if I was told I had to wear it every week for a race I would quit the league. Invent a helium balloon system that holds the vr mask perfectly weightless at just the right amount of pressure. Come on your drooling thinking about taking it off and pushing it to the ceiling to wait for you until you come back.

So a question for the community? Is this game any good? Be serious now I truly am looking for honest unbiased constructive opinions of the game not looking to start a troll pow-wow

Anyway the only monster game I've played is the original Nascar Heat game which was not horrible and was actually pretty good.

The video reminds me of Rat bag DTR which I liked

Last edited:

lol. Time will reveal all. :whistling:

So a question for the community? Is this game any good? Be serious now I truly am looking for honest unbiased constructive opinions of the game not looking to start a troll pow-wow

Anyway the only monster game I've played is the original Nascar Heat game which was not horrible and was actually pretty good.

Well, IMO, it's not bad. There's a lot of fun to be had, and if you're into Sprint Car Racing then it's a solid offering, which as just as well because it's the only offering for Sprint Cars. That said it's not really a sim, at least not a sim as we've come to expect.

I've not played the NASCAR games, but others around the net have described this as effectively the dirt part of the NASCAR series with models of sprint cars, so if you liked the NASCAR games you're probably good to go with this.

Now, I buy pretty much any new driving game release, therefore I'm never in a situation where I have to choose where to put my money, but If I had to, and it was a choice between this and the other main dirt based racing title, Wreckfest, then I'd stick my money in Wreckfest without doubt.

So in conclusion if you are fan of sprint car racing then it's a buy. On the other hand if sprint car racing has never been something that you've had a particular interest in then by all means consider it, but be aware that there are likely to be other titles where your money is better spent.

I think since Monster let the Nascar license expire on Heat4, this is the offspring of Heat4. I agree Heat improved dramatically this time with patches that it became a joy to play. Not a sim, but it was getting closer with each patch. Heat 3 is the first game I ever returned to steam. So now Monster has a version of their baby at a level where people are saying "this aint so bad, you should get it". I race mainly simcade F1 2019 and ACC but when im looking for something different I fire up that Heat and get my solo Nascar fix and no IRacing commitment to get it. Heat has become a sellable product 1000% more so then Heat 3. Because they put real effort and resources into making it better.

So Monster ditches Nascar and makes a dirt racing title that is just the dirt part of Nascar Heat. They will probably throw in generic stock car racing but not sure how track licensing would work right after you cut off Nascar's check.

Just use Nascar Heat 4, it's not masterpiece but it does everything better.
And have some dirt ovals too, yes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing