Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing | New Patches Released

Birddogg66

500RPM
Nov 21, 2010
So a question for the community? Is this game any good? Be serious now I truly am looking for honest unbiased constructive opinions of the game not looking to start a troll pow-wow

Anyway the only monster game I've played is the original Nascar Heat game which was not horrible and was actually pretty good.

The video reminds me of Rat bag DTR which I liked

Last edited:

Duke55

75RPM
Oct 8, 2015
LOL, funniest thing I've heard today.

VR HMDs are selling faster than ever before, to the point where demand has very much outstripped supply, especially with the Oculus Rift-S/Quest and the Steam Index.

The game pretty much everybody in gaming has been waiting for, which is the next instalment of Half Life, is VR only - that's right, flatties won't be able play it.

Every serious racing sim is VR compatible, and no TSSCR is not a serious sim.

The amount of VR only titles is growing day by day.

The devs that give up on VR are the devs that won't be selling many games in the future.
lol. Time will reveal all. :whistling:

Slapped

100RPM
Oct 2, 2019
So a question for the community? Is this game any good? Be serious now I truly am looking for honest unbiased constructive opinions of the game not looking to start a troll pow-wow

Anyway the only monster game I've played is the original Nascar Heat game which was not horrible and was actually pretty good.

Well, IMO, it's not bad. There's a lot of fun to be had, and if you're into Sprint Car Racing then it's a solid offering, which as just as well because it's the only offering for Sprint Cars. That said it's not really a sim, at least not a sim as we've come to expect.

I've not played the NASCAR games, but others around the net have described this as effectively the dirt part of the NASCAR series with models of sprint cars, so if you liked the NASCAR games you're probably good to go with this.

Now, I buy pretty much any new driving game release, therefore I'm never in a situation where I have to choose where to put my money, but If I had to, and it was a choice between this and the other main dirt based racing title, Wreckfest, then I'd stick my money in Wreckfest without doubt.

So in conclusion if you are fan of sprint car racing then it's a buy. On the other hand if sprint car racing has never been something that you've had a particular interest in then by all means consider it, but be aware that there are likely to be other titles where your money is better spent.

Wetchaser

1RPM
May 26, 2019

I think since Monster let the Nascar license expire on Heat4, this is the offspring of Heat4. I agree Heat improved dramatically this time with patches that it became a joy to play. Not a sim, but it was getting closer with each patch. Heat 3 is the first game I ever returned to steam. So now Monster has a version of their baby at a level where people are saying "this aint so bad, you should get it". I race mainly simcade F1 2019 and ACC but when im looking for something different I fire up that Heat and get my solo Nascar fix and no IRacing commitment to get it. Heat has become a sellable product 1000% more so then Heat 3. Because they put real effort and resources into making it better.

So Monster ditches Nascar and makes a dirt racing title that is just the dirt part of Nascar Heat. They will probably throw in generic stock car racing but not sure how track licensing would work right after you cut off Nascar's check.

gamer19

2000RPM
Aug 28, 2012

Just use Nascar Heat 4, it's not masterpiece but it does everything better.
And have some dirt ovals too, yes.

roadyroad

250RPM
Dec 7, 2013
Just use Nascar Heat 4, it's not masterpiece but it does everything better.
And have some dirt ovals too, yes.
So the dirt part of nascar heat 4 is better than this game? I was hoping it would ve at least as good than NH4 but focusing on dirt racing

Duke55

75RPM
Oct 8, 2015
It's not for everyone, but if you're into sprint cars. You will get value for your money.