Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing | New Patches Released

A couple of patches for the new 'Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing' have recently released - check out the details below.

Since becoming available to the public back in February, developers Monster Games have been listening to the community and have already deployed a couple of patches for the game, adding new content as well as addressing some outstanding issues with the release version of the title.

Patch 1 deployed to both console and PC versions of the title back in early February, and patch 2 is available now!

Update 1 Details:
  • Various fixes for online multiplayer to make the experience more enjoyable.
  • A preventative measure to help dissuade wall-riding. Note that all Leaderboard lap times will be RESET when the update is published.
  • A fix that restores the laps “taken away” during yellow flags.
  • Various other bug fixes and overall improvements.
Update 2 Details:
  • AI fixes at Desert Springs to eliminate “endless” cautions
  • Added a new option to control the amount of visual “car shake”
  • Green flag banner timing has been shortened in split-screen
  • Increased the maximum final gear available in the garage
  • Users can now skip the point tally countup animation in multiplayer
  • Fixed reported crash bugs in multiplayer lobbies
  • Fixed issue in Career where new parts would occasionally have damage
  • Several other minor fixes and general improvements

In other game news, a new DLC featuring featuring two unique tracks, and three additional paint schemes for each series released back on March 6th. Priced at around £3.99, the 'Roadcourse Pack' DLC contains Palm Tree Motorsports Park and Shadeville Raceway Park - both dirt track courses designed to give the player and enjoyable and authentic racing experience.

The new DLC is available to buy from the respective game store now.

Original Source: Tony Stewart Game Website.

Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got something to say about the game? Post a thread in the TSSCR sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Tony Stewarts Sprint Car Racing Patch 2.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Duke55

75RPM
Oct 8, 2015
I got the two tracks on the day of their release. Not sure how they're meant to fit into this game, as i'd tend to think they'd be better fit in a rally cross title.

Also, i see they haven't sorted the "Options" bug that see's the resolution reverted back to 640 x 480 once you save your settings. I'm sure it's reverting back to the low rez once you open options, because if you don't change it back before saving you'll get the 640 x 480 resolution.

... Monster Games have been listening to the community and have already deployed a couple of patches for the game ...
Where's this happening? I've done a reasonably thorough search looking to get in contact with Monster Games, but can't find any contact details anywhere

Nico

100RPM
May 4, 2017
I'm liking this game quite a lot, it's fun quick racing without too much worries and kinda challenging even if you have a geared up car. Road courses don't fit it very well, though. The car's handling is pretty much designed for constant left turning.

XRRoy

100RPM
Aug 22, 2014
When it's NASCAR but track surface is covered with dirt and you get to race with some Deja Vu playing in the background...

Reactions: MinDer_K.

Slapped

100RPM
Oct 2, 2019
It is fun, and I've played it quite a bit, but there wasn't enough variety in it to keep me hooked for longer. Yes I know, it's sprint car racing and it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, it was worth the purchase for the fun that I had with it, but it's now languishing in the dusty part of my steam library.

gamer19

2000RPM
Aug 28, 2012
I've tried it out of curiosity but it's not for me.
Probably not for you too. I figure since you're
here on RD I mean. :D

Ryan Soucy

250RPM
Nov 1, 2010
I was really, really, really hoping that an update would bring more background music and a variety of track announcers. I'm about to kill the current guy.

After 1 lap: "We're seeing quite a race out there!" Really.?

I feel like I'm toiling in TQ midgets for too long and those cars are not very satisfying to drive. I did a quick race with a good car in 305's and it was a hoot. You could use the cushion, even, which is pointless with a car early in your career.

• Haha
Reactions: CC

Slapped

100RPM
Oct 2, 2019
You guys are going to run outta games as dev's give up on VR over time. lol
LOL, funniest thing I've heard today.

VR HMDs are selling faster than ever before, to the point where demand has very much outstripped supply, especially with the Oculus Rift-S/Quest and the Steam Index.

The game pretty much everybody in gaming has been waiting for, which is the next instalment of Half Life, is VR only - that's right, flatties won't be able play it.

Every serious racing sim is VR compatible, and no TSSCR is not a serious sim.

The amount of VR only titles is growing day by day.

The devs that give up on VR are the devs that won't be selling many games in the future.

Jose$wervo

10RPM
Jan 30, 2018
i was really looking forward to this game.... and then i bought it... going into it i thought, finally a real sprintcar driver making a sprintcar game... this game had the potential to be one of the best driving games out there, but nope we get arcadish crap instead...
i was highly disappointed as the force feedback was garbage, even after turning it all the way up, was almost non existant when going slow but progressing a little bit the faster you went, but it never got as strong as it needed to be (in my opinion) i know Tony plays iRacing, so im not sure why he didnt try and get that kind of feel for his game...
ANSWER: make it arcadish so all the console kiddies will buy it... its all about $$$$$ smh

Wetchaser

1RPM
May 26, 2019
LOL, funniest thing I've heard today.

VR HMDs are selling faster than ever before, to the point where demand has very much outstripped supply, especially with the Oculus Rift-S/Quest and the Steam Index.

The game pretty much everybody in gaming has been waiting for, which is the next instalment of Half Life, is VR only - that's right, flatties won't be able play it.

Every serious racing sim is VR compatible, and no TSSCR is not a serious sim.

The amount of VR only titles is growing day by day.

The devs that give up on VR are the devs that won't be selling many games in the future.
VR is a novelty at best. I have the rift S and ACC is the best out there for it and im sorry but it still looks like crap with a super computer pushing it. I mean its drivable, and I crank everything up but its still really big pixels with extremely limited draw distance\detail. I appreciate the vr effort for dirt2 but vr takes a great game and makes it look like a Laurel and Hardy cartoon. And even if it did work flawlessly, I have this chunk of plastic hanging on the front of my face. Long races are out due to sweat and I have had the optics fog on me. I have loud paddles and the built in speakers on the rift really do nothing to hide that or any other noise within a mile of me. But my $24 Amazon headphones do it all just fine. Yea, I tried them overtop of the rift but they push the rift down harder on my nose , so no.
VR is in the same place it was 2 years ago really. No new developments and the second generation machines really aren't that much different then the first generation. I know the Rift is not the end all VR machine but rather a lower middle of the road answer. I chose this because I had read up on it for months before I took the plunge. I can not vouch for better machines as $400 was enough to me for a peek. When I get around to getting a flight stick, my opinions may change. Flying seems to be extremely cool in VR. My daughter really likes it for the college level games so there is a value to owning it but after I got sick of adjusting settings and messing with it, I built a 3 screen racing simulator and am so angry at myself for taking so long to do it. If this is something you all really enjoy doing, build a simulator. The immersion level is crazy.

Slapped

100RPM
Oct 2, 2019
VR is a novelty at best. I have the rift S and ACC is the best out there for it and im sorry but it still looks like crap with a super computer pushing it. I mean its drivable, and I crank everything up but its still really big pixels with extremely limited draw distance\detail. I appreciate the vr effort for dirt2 but vr takes a great game and makes it look like a Laurel and Hardy cartoon. And even if it did work flawlessly, I have this chunk of plastic hanging on the front of my face. Long races are out due to sweat and I have had the optics fog on me. I have loud paddles and the built in speakers on the rift really do nothing to hide that or any other noise within a mile of me. But my $24 Amazon headphones do it all just fine. Yea, I tried them overtop of the rift but they push the rift down harder on my nose , so no.
VR is in the same place it was 2 years ago really. No new developments and the second generation machines really aren't that much different then the first generation. I know the Rift is not the end all VR machine but rather a lower middle of the road answer. I chose this because I had read up on it for months before I took the plunge. I can not vouch for better machines as $400 was enough to me for a peek. When I get around to getting a flight stick, my opinions may change. Flying seems to be extremely cool in VR. My daughter really likes it for the college level games so there is a value to owning it but after I got sick of adjusting settings and messing with it, I built a 3 screen racing simulator and am so angry at myself for taking so long to do it. If this is something you all really enjoy doing, build a simulator. The immersion level is crazy.
I've tried a quads in a static commercial flight simulator and that didn't give me the immersion that VR does, despite the 1 for 1 real A320 cockpit. Also if you think VR has really big pixels then take a look at my first racing sim, and yes it was considered a sim back then.

I don't really feel the headset after 30 seconds or so, and I've never found myself sweating while wearing it - well I did once, but it was 35 degrees C inside.

I've been a gamer all my life, and back in the 80's VR as it is today is all that I could have ever dreamed of. So, I'm a total convert, and in that respect I utterly fail to see how anybody could refer to it as a novelty. Then again I've always been one to see the potential in something when most others deride it.

Reactions: somake

Wetchaser

1RPM
May 26, 2019
Did you do precision racing online? Its where I met most of the friends I rode with through GrandPrix legends and Nascar 2003. Guy Wilson hosted the race list after Papyrus dropped support. Life was great until IRacing brass showed up and said they now owned everything Papyrus and we better stop hosting that race list or else. An entire community died that day and it turns out Iracing was full of crap. Scare tactics. Everyone who bought the game had a right to use it as it was made. The hosting was built into every cd so they had no right to stop you from using it.

My first pc was a commodore 64 and modems brought us castle role playing games you took turns moving your imaginary character. Pong was a happy x-mas for my brother and I. Dad picking of a phone talking modem jibberish was an unhappy day.

I knew the VR statements were not going to be popular but to each their own opinion. My opinion while it is a neat idea, the discomfort of a Batman mask with no eye holes and a lb. or two of plastic stuck on the front is quickly forgotten when you just look at a cheap 42" tv and its dripping superior graphics on half the hardware power and you don't have to wear anything. You can read every sign or billboard in the game without issue. No extra connections/wires to manage or sound adjustment to make every time you do something in or out of VR. You hop up and down with freewill. Your talking to the guy who gave it a really fair shot. I did a lot of seat time and my face was a mess afterwards each time. Its fun but if I was told I had to wear it every week for a race I would quit the league. Invent a helium balloon system that holds the vr mask perfectly weightless at just the right amount of pressure. Come on your drooling thinking about taking it off and pushing it to the ceiling to wait for you until you come back.